Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 D2 Football thread: Every day I'm shuffling!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 D2 Football thread: Every day I'm shuffling!!!

Super Region 2 playoff field:
    1. Valdosta State
    2. Carson-Newman
    3. Lenoir-Rhyne
    4. West Alabama
    5. Miles
    6. Fort Valley State
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Super Region 4 playoff field:
      1. CSU-Pueblo
      2. Ashland
      3. Chadron State
      4. Indianapolis
      5. Midwestern State
      6. West Texas A&M
      bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

And finally... Super Region 3 playoff field:
        1. MSU-Mankato
        2. Henderson State
        3. Missouri Western
        4. Northwest Missouri
        5. Harding
        6. Minnesota-Duluth

Duluth travels to Missouri Western next weekend. Mankato awaits the winner of Northwest Missouri/Harding.

It just happens.

Comment

SR3 is wide open. With no non-conference games in any of the conferences, we don't have a good gauge of how the conferences match up, but I expect the games to be very well-played and competitive. Of course I want UMD to win, and if not them, it would be good to see Mankato show that the NSIC is more than a one-team conference. However, I would say Northwest Mo is the favorite. They also have a lot of playoff experience and seem to make a habit of avenging regular season losses in the playoffs.
          SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
          UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
          Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
          Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
          UMD Football: 2008, 2010
          UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
            SR3 is wide open. With no non-conference games in any of the conferences, we don't have a good gauge of how the conferences match up, but I expect the games to be very well-played and competitive. Of course I want UMD to win, and if not them, it would be good to see Mankato show that the NSIC is more than a one-team conference. However, I would say Northwest Mo is the favorite. They also have a lot of playoff experience and seem to make a habit of avenging regular season losses in the playoffs.
            Don't look past Missouri Western right now. They did hand NWMSU a loss last weekend, and UMD gets to travel to their place next weekend.

It just happens.

Comment

Sure looks like SR3 is stuffed with very good teams. You could see any of a number of teams coming out of this region.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                Sure looks like SR3 is stuffed with very good teams. You could see any of a number of teams coming out of this region.
                I'm not totally sold on the GAC yet, but between the MIAA and NSIC teams, there's going to be a lot of tough games to win. the GAC schools step up, and this region could be a region of death in a few years.

It just happens.

Comment

Kickoff for Duluth at Misery Western should be in just a few minutes here....

It just happens.

Comment

• A tough one for Duluth today. Took missouri western to triple overtime, only to fall short on a two point conversion where vogler tripped over his own guy. 57-55 was the final score there.

And for Mankato fans, Northwest Missouri thumped Harding 35-0 for the ticket to go play the Landcows in Mankato next weekend.

It just happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                      A tough one for Duluth today. Took missouri western to triple overtime, only to fall short on a two point conversion where vogler tripped over his own guy. 57-55 was the final score there.

And for Mankato fans, Northwest Missouri thumped Harding 35-0 for the ticket to go play the Landcows in Mankato next weekend.
                      That was a heartbreaker. We still may have lost, but you'd rather have them stop you than stop yourself. Vogler had more than 400 yards rushing in the final two games of his career. Sounds like we were on the wrong end of a bad spot late in the game too, although I can't get too worked up about that. I'm sure if we had pulled it out, they would've complained about things here and there that went our way. Tough way for Vogler to end an incredible career though.

The game in Mankato should be fantastic! Hopefully the Mavs can prove that the NSIC is more than a one-team conference on the national scene.
                      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                        That was a heartbreaker. We still may have lost, but you'd rather have them stop you than stop yourself. Vogler had more than 400 yards rushing in the final two games of his career. Sounds like we were on the wrong end of a bad spot late in the game too, although I can't get too worked up about that. I'm sure if we had pulled it out, they would've complained about things here and there that went our way. Tough way for Vogler to end an incredible career though.

The game in Mankato should be fantastic! Hopefully the Mavs can prove that the NSIC is more than a one-team conference on the national scene.
                        Yeah, losing on the last play always sucks, especially when you're so **** close to winning. Would rather take a good 10 point loss than a last second loss.

It just happens.

Comment

Minnesota State wins it in Double Overtime. 38-35. Next week has Missouri Western coming to town. Hope there's some snow up there for them.

It just happens.

Comment

Minnesota State wins it in Double Overtime. 38-35. Next week has Missouri Western coming to town. Hope there's some snow up there for them.
                            Very happy for Mankato, hope they can continue to represent the NSIC. I think there is a decent chance that the winner of next week's game wins the NC and that there will be a reasonable argument that Northwest Mo, Mo West, Mankato and Duluth are the four best teams in the country. So far this postseason MIAA vs GAC - MIAA is 2-0 and outscored them 80-21. MIAA vs NSIC is split 1-1, total scoring is 92-93 and there has been 5 OTs.

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                              Very happy for Mankato, hope they can continue to represent the NSIC. I think there is a decent chance that the winner of next week's game wins the NC and that there will be a reasonable argument that Northwest Mo, Mo West, Mankato and Duluth are the four best teams in the country. So far this postseason MIAA vs GAC - MIAA is 2-0 and outscored them 80-21. MIAA vs NSIC is split 1-1, total scoring is 92-93 and there has been 5 OTs.
                              The West Texas at Pueblo winner is probably going to have some say in the NC debate as well. Don't really see anybody coming out of the Northeast or Southeast this year.

It just happens.

Comment

Ginormous win. Wolf made some mistakes late and kept giving up short fields, but the defense answered, forced overtime, and finished it with the big INT in OT.

Forecast for Saturday is 50!
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X