Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 D2 Football thread: Every day I'm shuffling!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 D2 Football thread: Every day I'm shuffling!!!

Yep, that time of the year everybody. Football season!!

Anyways, seems the NCAA saw fit to shuffle the regions around again this year. Super Region 1 and 2 are pretty much the same. The big shuffle comes from out in the west, where we have the GLVC being a full fledged conference this year, and them along with the GLIAC and RMAC will be called Region 4 this year, instead of being region 3 like they were last year. Also, the only real conference that really moved here is the LSC. That of course means that they bumped the NSIC over to the super region that will be known as super region 3 this year. So, in conclusion, that would mean that the super regions look like this way this year.

SR1: CIAA, NE-10, PSAC, WVIAC
    SR2: GSC, SAC, SIAC
    SR3: GAC, GNAC, MIAA, NSIC.
    SR4: GLIAC, GLVC, LSC, RMAC.

Yes, that still leaves SR2 with having a lot less teams in it that the other 3 super regions. and things are going to change again next year as a bunch of the WVIAC schools are breaking off to form their own conference as well, along with picking up some Ohio schools as well. So, expect another shuffle there and ideally, the CIAA heads to SR2.

Every body got that now??

bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Re: 2012 D2 Football thread: Every day I'm shuffling!!!

Here's hoping for another big season for UMD!
    Originally posted by Priceless
    Good to see you're so reasonable.
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
    Very well, said.
    Originally posted by Rover
    A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
      Here's hoping for another big season for UMD!
      Should be a good year. The offense comes back nearly in tact and we always seems to plug people into the defense. While I think our #2 national ranking in most polls is based mostly on recent reputation, I do think we are a legitimate top 10 team with a good chance to make a deep playoff run. At that point anything could happen.

SCSU should be quite good again too. Klaphake is a very strong conference MVP candidate and I think they have a good chance at making their 3rd straight NCAA appearance.
      SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
      UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
      Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
      Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
      UMD Football: 2008, 2010
      UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
        Should be a good year. The offense comes back nearly in tact and we always seems to plug people into the defense. While I think our #2 national ranking in most polls is based mostly on recent reputation, I do think we are a legitimate top 10 team with a good chance to make a deep playoff run. At that point anything could happen.

SCSU should be quite good again too. Klaphake is a very strong conference MVP candidate and I think they have a good chance at making their 3rd straight NCAA appearance.
        I still think Mankato should have enough to be a threat in the NSIC this year, especially if it turns out like its kind of looking like there that it was all a big misunderstanding mostly because of an incident that happen at one of those big time programs that we've all heard so much about this year.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Week one recaps.

Notre Dame 59, Mercyhurst 42

Notre Dame College, tuned up for their first and only season of the GLIAC with former GLIAC member Mercyhurst in a pretty wild track meet. The Lakers of Erie gave up 8 turnovers in the game, and yet still managed to put 42 points on the board. Cut down on the turnovers and this is Mercyhurst's game easily. Next week Mercyhurst goes to Millersville, while the Falcons of NDC get to help open up the renovated Lubbers Stadium in Allendale.

Ferris 35, St. Francis 24

Ferris went on the road to visit one of the Top Ten teams in NAIA, and came a way with a victory despite being out-gained and out-possessed. A good start to the new regime there in Big Rapids. The Bulldogs take on the Lake Erie College Storm next weekend in Cleveland.

Findlay 45, Northern Michigan 10

The Wildcats went to Ohio, and continue their woes south of the bridge. New coach couldn't fix that problem. and with as tough as the GLIAC North is looking this year, could be a very long learning year for NMU. They host Wisconsin-LaCross next weekend in the Yooperdome.

Michigan Tech 11, Bright Young England 3.1428571428

I'm pretty sure you guys can figure that one out. The Huskies will host Tiffin University next weekend, who is coming off of their first win over a D2 program since their overtime victory over Northern Michigan on September 13 of 2008, and first win since the 2010 program. A good game to warm up with.

Bemidji State 25, Upper Iowa 23

The Beavers open up their season with a nailbiter of a home win over the Peacocks. Next week is off to Mankato to take on the Purple Land Cows.

Minnesota-Duluth 45, Southwest Minnesota 20

An easy victory for the Bulldogs on the shores of the big lake as they expect to continue to be a top threat in the NSIC. Next week they host the Warriors of Winona State, who currently carry around the title belt of The Man right now, something that UMD lost last year and it bounced around the NSIC till it landed with Winona who didn't make the playoffs.

Minnesota State Mankato 44, Minot State 10

Another easy win for Mankato as well, who was expected to be a contender as well in the NSIC before the news broak late in August there. They welcome Bemidji State next weekend.

Sioux Falls 32, St. Cloud State 19

Sioux Falls was a pretty good NSIC program and is expected to do well in the NSIC. The Huskies travel to Upper Iowa for their next tilt.

American International 2, Bouncing Yabbos Education -23

An easy weekend for the Yellowjackets. Things should be tougher for them next weekend with a long trip to West Virginia to take on the Sheppard Rams.

Bowie State 24, Assumption 20

This one went down to the wire with Bowie driving late at the end to score to go up right at the end. A tough way for the Greyhounds to lose, but not time to rest for them. They host St. Anselm next weekend.

Bentley 42, Pace 0

The Falcons used a pretty experience o-line to just bulldoze over the Setters. A lot of beef there that should help em stay in the NE-10 title hunt this year. They're on the bus as well next weekend to take on West Virginia Wesleyan.

New Haven 45, Merrimack 18

The Warriors got whipped, plane and simple. Gave up a lot of big plays on missed tackles. They take on D3 eastern powerhouse Rowen next weekend.

Kutztown 58, St. Anselm 6

Dang it St. A. Wrap up your man!!! No need to get that big hit, wrap him up, hang on, and pray that help arrives in a hurry and in an ill humor. They tangle with Assumption next weekend.

Bloomsburg 44, Stonehill 28

Stonehill came back in the second half to make this score look respectable, and their QB set a school record for passing yards in this game. Could be an up year for Stonehil. They host Southern Connecticut next weekend.

It just happens.

Comment

The UMD game was in Marshall, not Duluth. Solid win over what should be an improved team though.
            SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions

Comment

The UMD game was in Marshall, not Duluth. Solid win over what should be an improved team though.
              Opps!!

It just happens.

Comment

Full house of 5055 at Malosky last night. UMD looked very good. Winona probably wants a few plays back, because it could have been a much closer game. UMD's d-backs look a little shaky, but overall there is a lot to feel good about so far this season for 'Dogs fans.

Comment

Full house of 5055 at Malosky last night. UMD looked very good. Winona probably wants a few plays back, because it could have been a much closer game. UMD's d-backs look a little shaky, but overall there is a lot to feel good about so far this season for 'Dogs fans.
                  Bulldogs are now the Man. I'll do the updates later on when I don't feel like crap. Picked up some food poisoning or something last night at the gvsu track meet.

It just happens.

Comment

Notre Dame 46
                    Grand Valley 83

Looks like you guys agreed to play bouncyball instead, tricking NDC into thinking it would be more even.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Notre Dame 46
                      Grand Valley 83

Looks like you guys agreed to play bouncyball instead, tricking NDC into thinking it would be more even.
                      Naw ... our D was playing too soft, let guys get by them for big gains, and of course everybody's favorite, ill timed penalties.

Of course, I would say that Notre Dame college is probably a heck of a lot better than Tiffin.

It just happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                        Naw ... our D was playing too soft, let guys get by them for big gains, and of course everybody's favorite, ill timed penalties.

Of course, I would say that Notre Dame college is probably a heck of a lot better than Tiffin.
                        Then again, somehow GVSU only managed to put up 28 points on Tiffin. Granted, we did have our starting QB blow an ACL in the game, but dang, the second QB had to have figured he was going to get some reps saturday as well. probably just not with the rest of the ones.

It just happens.

Comment

Another very good game for the 'Dogs against what is likely to be a mid-standings team. Defense remains the biggest concern and I think they will have to improve to have a realistic shot at a third nat'l title. The (very) bright side, however, is that our halftime adjustments, especially on defense, seem to be spectacularly successful. We are outscoring opponents 74-47 in the first half and 79-13 in the second.

Comment

The Monster would normally be talking in the Third Person to celebrate the fact that its GVSU at Tech this next weekend. But after the Lakers pitiful performance at home against Ohio Dominican, the Monster isn't so sure that a positive outcome could be had for his Lakers up there in the Keweenaw.

It just happens.

Comment

You guys will be fine. Our defense might "make the big stops", but they still gave up over 300 yds. to Findlay. Grand Valley's offense won't let anywhere near as many points slip away.

Comment

Working...
                              X