Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Soccer XXIII - "Pay" Up Pompey?

Fabrice Muamba has retired according to reports.
    Twitter: DanMountSports
    2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Oh, the US plays Mexico at Azteca tonight. That should be a horribly officiated and rough game.
      And we'll undoubtedly lose...
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        And we'll undoubtedly lose...
        Of course. We are fielding a very young lineup. I just read the article, at least 3 players will get their very first caps.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
          Lot of optimism at Villa but 4 players out with injuries. We'll see if Lambert can work some Norwich magic with the Villans. When they are talking up Ireland as a potential key contributor, one has to worry.
          I think the optimism at Villa is justified. The squad has far too much talent to have finished as poorly as they did last year, and I truly believe that Lambert is the best up-and-coming manager in England. The transformation that he brought about at Norwich could not have been more stark. While I'd love to see the Canaries beat them into submission this year, I actually do think Villa will be comfortably in the top half.

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
            Of course. We are fielding a very young lineup. I just read the article, at least 3 players will get their very first caps.
            Ugh. A week where Mexico wins a gold medal and rapes us. That sounds fantastic.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Van Persie to ManU for 23 million. Sad day for Arsenal fans. Of course last season was the first and only season he's been mostly healthy, so it'll be interesting to see if he can stay healthy for Sir Alex. First time Wenger has ever sold to ManU. At least it's over though and doesn't drag on forever. Such is the world when you keep your fiscal house in order in the world of European soccer.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                Van Persie to ManU for 23 million. Sad day for Arsenal fans. Of course last season was the first and only season he's been mostly healthy, so it'll be interesting to see if he can stay healthy for Sir Alex. First time Wenger has ever sold to ManU. At least it's over though and doesn't drag on forever. Such is the world when you keep your fiscal house in order in the world of European soccer.

Wenger has done a pretty good job of "selling" talent at its peak over the years.

That leaves Arsenal as always a contender, never a winner....they are quite profitable financially yet shut out of the hardware.

it was really a lot of fun to watch them go undefeated in 2003-2004; what a feat, not to lose a single game during a 38-game season.

26 - 0 - 12 for 90 points.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

England beats Italy 2-1. The traitor scores for the Azzuri.

I'm very pleased United got van Persie. SAF usually does a fine job picking up talent and getting the most of them. Bob, I remember United selling Becks and Cristiano Ronaldo at the top of their value as well. Let's hope United can challenge City.

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

WOW!!

84th minute, US 1 Mexico 0 in Azteca Stadium no less!
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      WOW!!

84th minute, US 1 Mexico 0 in Azteca Stadium no less!
                      Shh!
                      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Great game by the US. best I've seen in a long time and Cameron was terrific. well done USA!
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          Great game by the US. best I've seen in a long time and Cameron was terrific. well done USA!
                          I dunno if great is the word I would use for the game. But it is a great win.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

That was a lot of fun to watch. For whatever reason, I always thought the U.S. looked dangerous attacking (the very few times they did). Great defending, and wonderful goalkeeping by Howard. It was just a "friendly," but it was a very important win for Klinsmann and U.S. soccer, especially our young players.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

My thoughts.

Comment

That's what I get for doubting!
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X