Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: World Soccer XXIII - "Pay" Up Pompey?

Originally posted by Hopkinja View Post
    I'd like to think our loss in Jamaica was an indication of our team's disorganization rather than Jamaica's prowess.
    I'd say it's about 60% of the former and 40% of the latter...Jamaica's team is quite a bit better relative to the rest of CONCACEF than it's ever been before. Nearly half of their starters have regular playing time in MLS.

I'd love to see the Reggae Boyz in Brazil!
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Considering that #4 in CONCACAF will have a play-in home and home with the #1 OCF (presumably New Zealand), I think there's still a decent shot for Jamaica to make the World Cup even if Hopkinja's prediction comes true.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Lets see how Jamaica handles the "heck of a lot" tougher road games in the Hex before we go predicting glory for them.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
          I thought Canada was making some progress, bit 8-1 is just plain hideous, and in a key match.
          I think the only thing that is gonna save Canada at this point is if the MLS and NASL clubs really force themselves into running the CSA. When your FA isn't run well at all you're going nowhere.

It's telling that Vancouver runs their youth academy teams in the USSF DA leagues instead of in Canada.
          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            I think the only thing that is gonna save Canada at this point is if the MLS and NASL clubs really force themselves into running the CSA. When your FA isn't run well at all you're going nowhere.

It's telling that Vancouver runs their youth academy teams in the USSF DA leagues instead of in Canada.
            Right now Canada's FA is as disorganised as any I've seen. Almost as bad as the USA. The only reason the USA is ahead of Canada is because of the talent pool...
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Lets see how Jamaica handles the "heck of a lot" tougher road games in the Hex before we go predicting glory for them.
              There's a big difference between "predicting" and "hoping" they will progress to the round of 32....

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Portsmouth won yet again Saturday.

13 points in their last 15.
                UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

From Reuters as reported in Sports Illustrated:

Goal-line technology providers GoalRef and Hawk-Eye have been authorised to install their systems worldwide after signing licence agreements with FIFA, soccer's world governing body said on Tuesday.
                  Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2ADr84UJt

Comment

MISL starts their season next week. Chicago has picked up a team, but Norfolk folded. The rivalry between Syracuse and Rochester still exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      From Reuters as reported in Sports Illustrated:

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2ADr84UJt
                      In MLS next season. Guaranteed.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

So the CONCACAF Champions League is nearly over with the group stage.

Advancing are Monterrey, Santos Laguna, Seattle, Houston, Herediano (over RSL), Tigres, and LA. Surprisingly Chivas (the real one) needs a win over Xelaju to advance.

Monterrey, Santos, and Seattle are all locked into the 1, 2, and 3 seeds respectively. Everything else is up in the air.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Liverpool is in a Europa League group with the club Young Boys.

Make your own jokes here. (Bonus points if you use Jerry Sandusky.)
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Now THIS would be totally awesome if we could bring it to fruition!

Comment

So Fulham can't defend set pieces.
                              Cornell University Men's Hockey
                              NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                              Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

If one only watched MLS on Sunday's you might think there are only 4 teams in the league - RSL, Seattle, Vancouver and LA.

Comment

Working...
                                X