Things to do in St Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things to do in St Paul

I’m terrified of heights but paid money for this...

http://www.mnsuperbowl.com/zipline
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Originally posted by Bold North Super B$wl site
      Cross the Mississippi River and fly into the Minneapolis skyline at over 100 feet in the air! You’ll soar for nearly 800 feet while gliding alongside the historic Grain Belt bridge.
      Or, you know, the Hennepin Ave. bridge where Grain Belt just happened to put up an advertisement however many years ago.
      board gonna board.

Comment

They said it's located next to the "Grain Belt Bridge." Um, that's the Hennepin Ave Bridge. Brain Melt just put up a sign next to one of the most heavily traveled bridges in MN at the time.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It'd have to be 6 figures paid to me to do this. I honestly might soil myself. That afraid of heights. To put it in perspective, I was scared sh*less on any roller coaster that Valley Fair had. What was that big one, Wild Thing? Yeah, did it once, and NEVER AGAIN.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

probably impolitic on my part....

when I saw the thread title, my first thought came to mind unbidden: "travel to Minneapolis."
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I wouldn’t worry about the title. Probably should have just said Twin Cities.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

St Paul has improved greatly for nightlife, but yes, Minneapolis is still the big brother in that department. Either way, not a hassle to find some transportation between the two city limits. It's really just one bigger city.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Going between STP and MPLS is no issue, as mentioned. A great thing that has happened is the establishment of some nice breweries and diners/cafes in what was once a void between the two centers. Most likely because of the light rail tracks that have connected them, and property values went real low in that area. These are pretty much all in STP city limits, but far from downtown/other neighborhoods with anything going on. Several are actually closer to Dinkytown and Stadium Village in MPLS than downtown STP.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                  X