X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Pros V

Springfield Falcons are now 2-0.

McElhinney was in net for both games, with Dainton dressed as his backup.

Allen York apparently was not in uniform for either game.

Wonder if the Blue Jackets are planning to have Yorkie shuffle between the AHL and ECHL again this year.

Comment

[Yorkie hurt his groin

QUOTE=Waite21;5521281]Springfield Falcons are now 2-0.

Wonder if the Blue Jackets are planning to have Yorkie shuffle between the AHL and ECHL again this year.[/QUOTE]
      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Allen was in attendance at the RPI games this weekend - saw him Friday night walking around.

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        Springfield Falcons are now 2-0.

Wonder if the Blue Jackets are planning to have Yorkie shuffle between the AHL and ECHL again this year.
        Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
          Allen was in attendance at the RPI games this weekend - saw him Friday night walking around.
          I saw him Friday night as well. He was with his grandparents but I did not see him Saturday. I also saw Matt Murley Saturday night after the game so I'm assuming he was at the game but don't know that for sure.

Comment

Per Nashville Predators' defenseman Jon Blum on Twitter, Jeff Foss is having season-ending knee surgery today. I'd heard he was hurt, but hadn't known how. Hopefully he has a good recovery and can play next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
              I saw him Friday night as well. He was with his grandparents but I did not see him Saturday. I also saw Matt Murley Saturday night after the game so I'm assuming he was at the game but don't know that for sure.
              I saw that Murley wasn't on the Timra (Swedish Elite League) roster for this year nor on any Swedish team's roster. Has he hung up the skates? I'll throw this out there for those that were wondering....I was told Sat. night that Chase Polacek is done playing hockey. His choice.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                I'll throw this out there for those that were wondering....I was told Sat. night that Chase Polacek is done playing hockey. His choice.
                Thanks...good to know. That's a shame, I'll miss those goals, but hopefully like Brutlag he's found something he enjoys more.

Comment

I saw that Murley wasn't on the Timra (Swedish Elite League) roster for this year nor on any Swedish team's roster. Has he hung up the skates? I'll throw this out there for those that were wondering....I was told Sat. night that Chase Polacek is done playing hockey. His choice.
                  I had heard that as well about Chase. Has anyone heard if J Smith is not playing in Europe anymore? Saw something on twitter that made it seem like he was back on this side of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                    I had heard that as well about Chase. Has anyone heard if J Smith is not playing in Europe anymore? Saw something on twitter that made it seem like he was back on this side of the world.
                    Thanks, I didn't even know Smitty had gone on to the pro ranks. He was with EHC Neuwide..... http://www.eliteprospects.com/playersearch2.php This is an excerpt from their website from a game played 9/23/12, whether he's still with them, I don't know..........The EHC Neuwied has lost the last test before the start of the league season when fellow competitors Hamm with 9:2 (2:0, 2:1, 5:1).
                    The goals for Neuwied scored as two new Vyacheslav Tokarev and Justin Smith. More soon here.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Re: RPI Pros V

This tidbit was in the USCHO ECAC report (alumni section):

Former RPI forward Chase Polacek has two goals in two games for the Alaska Aces of the ECHL.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2012/10/17/resu...#ixzz29ZCSqd3K
                      However, upon checking the Aces' and ECHL website, Polacek is not listed on the roster, and does not show up on the stats page.

Comment

Originally posted by knsmith View Post
                        This tidbit was in the USCHO ECAC report (alumni section):

However, upon checking the Aces' and ECHL website, Polacek is not listed on the roster, and does not show up on the stats page.
                        His name didn't appear in either of the game recaps, either.

I think the issue might be that Chase's hockeydb page (don't ask why his name is Chace, not Chase) has the most recent line as 2 goals in 2 games played for the Aces. If you don't check carefully enough, you won't realize that that's for the 2011-12 season.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                          Per Nashville Predators' defenseman Jon Blum on Twitter, Jeff Foss is having season-ending knee surgery today. I'd heard he was hurt, but hadn't known how. Hopefully he has a good recovery and can play next year.
                          According to his twitter account, his surgery went well yesterday.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                            Most knee surgery is very effective and easy to predict recovery. There are of course the few cases that are more complicated but for the most part knees do well. i would expect Jeff to be back at full strength rather quickly. If it season ending it most likely is ACL or PCL-medial and lateral ligament surgery respoonds so well that most people are back at full strength within 4 weeks.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              His name didn't appear in either of the game recaps, either.

I think the issue might be that Chase's hockeydb page (don't ask why his name is Chace, not Chase) has the most recent line as 2 goals in 2 games played for the Aces. If you don't check carefully enough, you won't realize that that's for the 2011-12 season.
                              Yeah, he was loaned to the Aces for a point last year before he was injured and had two goals in two games.

Comment

Peter Merth didn't make the last cut at Abbottsford (Clagary) but re-signs with Wheeling..... http://www.abbotsfordheat.com/news/?article_id=154 Also, Patty Cullen was released by SC (didn't see that coming) http://www.echl.com/echl-transactions-oct-10-p179619
                                Press release for Merth signing...Apparently he's also the captain as noted by the Nailers' beat writer and Kirk MacDonald.

Comment

Working...
                                X