X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros V

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Oates was a phenomenal player-and an extremely bright guy. He has all it takes to make a very good and successful coach. There is no question he will land somewhere and I suspect soon.
    Oates has been a fairly regular guest analyst on CBC TV broadcasts during the playoffs. It's a good gig for someone who might be considering a career change into broadcasting but also is frequently a temporary job for an out of work coach who wants to stay on the radar for teams that might be shopping for a coach or asst. coach for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by hab View Post
      Oates has been a fairly regular guest analyst on CBC TV broadcasts during the playoffs. It's a good gig for someone who might be considering a career change into broadcasting but also is frequently a temporary job for an out of work coach who wants to stay on the radar for teams that might be shopping for a coach or asst. coach for next season.
      Precisely-the NHL is a small world. it is very much of an Old Boy network. Once you can get you rfoot in the door, you find that there are lots of opportunities that arise and they usually look within the small circle to find replacements. It is a very big step though to get that first foot in the door.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Could Oates be coaching either JD’A or BP?......... TSN Insider Darren Dreger reports that the Leafs are keenly interested in the Hall of Famer, who served as an assistant under Peter DeBoer in New Jersey before his two year stint with the Caps, but are in a holding pattern as Oates may be in the running for the vacant head coaching position in Florida.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Could Oates be coaching either JD’A or BP?......... TSN Insider Darren Dreger reports that the Leafs are keenly interested in the Hall of Famer, who served as an assistant under Peter DeBoer in New Jersey before his two year stint with the Caps, but are in a holding pattern as Oates may be in the running for the vacant head coaching position in Florida.
          After Washington, I am surprised that he is in the running for any Head Coaching position. It was his first head coaching job and it didn't go very well. So I figured he would have to start over with an asst. position.
          Toronto is a very difficult city to please, so I would prefer to see him in Florida.
          Good Luck Adam.
          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
          Benjamin Franklin
          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            After Washington, I am surprised that he is in the running for any Head Coaching position. It was his first head coaching job and it didn't go very well. So I figured he would have to start over with an asst. position.
            Toronto is a very difficult city to please, so I would prefer to see him in Florida.
            Good Luck Adam.
            ....should be noted that it would be as an assistant coach with Toronto.
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Showing the ultimate confidence in your D-man? ......https://twitter.com/BryceMerriam/sta...79241201090560

Comment

Showing the ultimate confidence in your D-man? ......https://twitter.com/BryceMerriam/sta...79241201090560
                That is something you don't see every day.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                Gary Player

Comment

Season’s over for JD’A and the Marlies as they lose Game7 to Texas 6-2 (led 2-0). Jerry finished with; GP-14.....G-6....A-8....Pts-14....PIMS-8. W/B Scranton lost in their Game6 but Peter Merth never saw any ice for the Pens. Cincinnati is playing Alaska (beat Eric Burgdoerfer’s Bakersfield Team) for the ECHL Kelly Cup but Matt Tinordi has yet to appear in Series. Alaska leads Series 2-1.

Comment

This really is incredible when you think about how much goes into the draft ........ Ryan Kennedy @THNRyanKennedy · Jun 19
                    Wow: 20 goalies were taken at the 2007 draft. Total NHL games played, combined? 12 - Timo Pielmeier (1), Allen York (11).

Comment

Congrats to @RPIAthletics Alum and Academic All American @AndrewLord17 on being named player coach for @cardiffdevils - proud of him!!.......... BTW, Jake Morrisette re-signed w/Cardiff as well.

Comment

Guy Lebeauf in Coyotes camp..... http://coyotes.nhl.com/v2/ext/2014+D...amp+Roster.pdf

Comment

Congratulations to Guy. You can't teach size, and he has a lot of that.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          Gary Player

Comment

D'Amigo to the CBJs

EDIT: For Matt Mother****ing Frattin.
                            RPI Pep Band
                            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Good oppurtunity for Jerry. Toronto is turning into a circus.

Comment

Columbus has been improving since JD got there. I hope there is a place for D'Amigo on the big club.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X