X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Pros V

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Bishop went the distance.
    Unfortunately, it's later in the preseason so they actually want the starting goalie to get used to playing 60 minutes.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      AV says that there will be cuts Tuesday and Wednesday to get camp roster down to 30...Hayes, Haggerty, Duclair will play back-2-back Tuesday.... https://twitter.com/NYRangers/status/516773067406987264
      Haggerty had a decent game in Chicago with the exception of one rather poor shift later in the game in the third period. His first game against Philly in NY was just an outright phenomenal performance and got him an incredible amount of press and publicity and was richly deserved. For some reason, last night he was put on a line that just had zero chemistry. it did not suit his game well at all. his linemates just did not mesh. In addition, either due to penalties called or just a coaches decision, he saw little if any ice time. He had the misfortune of just hitting the ice when one goal(scored by a Philly player who almost never scores) went in blindly from the point. Obviously his stats show him as a -1 for the game. What was of more concern is that he saw no ice time at all during special teams play. I suspect the Ranger coach just does not want him on the ice for those shifts. He did finally get onto the ice as the extra man with 30 seconds left in the game(however the Rangers were a man short when they pulled the goalie so it was not like he was on a power play of any sort). Just my opinion but I felt he deserved a better chance to show if he could follow up on his Monday game at MSG. More than likely after last night in Philly-he will not be on the squad for the game friday. If he is, of course it would be great, but it would certainly be a surprise to me.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Haggerty had a decent game in Chicago with the exception of one rather poor shift later in the game in the third period. His first game against Philly in NY was just an outright phenomenal performance and got him an incredible amount of press and publicity and was richly deserved. For some reason, last night he was put on a line that just had zero chemistry. it did not suit his game well at all. his linemates just did not mesh. In addition, either due to penalties called or just a coaches decision, he saw little if any ice time. He had the misfortune of just hitting the ice when one goal(scored by a Philly player who almost never scores) went in blindly from the point. Obviously his stats show him as a -1 for the game. What was of more concern is that he saw no ice time at all during special teams play. I suspect the Ranger coach just does not want him on the ice for those shifts. He did finally get onto the ice as the extra man with 30 seconds left in the game(however the Rangers were a man short when they pulled the goalie so it was not like he was on a power play of any sort). Just my opinion but I felt he deserved a better chance to show if he could follow up on his Monday game at MSG. More than likely after last night in Philly-he will not be on the squad for the game friday. If he is, of course it would be great, but it would certainly be a surprise to me.
        I turned the game on at the beginning, and when I saw his linemates, I turned the game off. I believe that they made their minds up about where Haggerty fits in the organization and It is not yet in NY.
        The Rangers have always relied on veteran hockey players, so Ryan will really have to turn it on in Hartford to make it to the NHL. JMO
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          I turned the game on at the beginning, and when I saw his linemates, I turned the game off. I believe that they made their minds up about where Haggerty fits in the organization and It is not yet in NY.
          The Rangers have always relied on veteran hockey players, so Ryan will really have to turn it on in Hartford to make it to the NHL. JMO
          I feel that Haggerty would benefit more from a year in the AHL rather than being a role player in NY. If he has a good season there he will stand a better chance next year.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I feel that Haggerty would benefit more from a year in the AHL rather than being a role player in NY. If he has a good season there he will stand a better chance next year.
            Agree 100%. He's 21, so he has time to spend a year or two improving his game in Hartford.
            RPI Pep Band
            GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
            2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
            2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Very sensible. i would agree also. however, the Rangers, and also most of the NHL, have this we want it all now attitude. Often if a player is not brought along quickly(by early 20's), they just continue to pass on him and move on to the next flavor of the month. If you do not come marching into the league quickly, often you may never. This is not as true for defensemen and certainly not true for goalies. Honestly, i did not see one single thing wrong with RH playing in the 3 games except for his ice time which was severely limited. He showed, at least to my eyes, that he could play at this level. Even in the first Philly game, while scoring 2 goals and an assist, he had almost the lowest ice time on the team. I fear EHF has hit the nail on the head. This coach knew nothing about Haggs before he saw him in camp and had his mind made up quickly about him. His play the other night did not change that. One year at the AHL will most likely not do any harm-but if he does not stand out there quickly, the book on him will be written quickly. It would be unfortunate but that is often what the NHL is all about. Besides, NY may feel they made it to the Cup finals last year and do not need a major overall(personally I think they were incredibly lucky and need a lot of changes made including adding more size to deal with teams like LA). Just my opinion of course, but i think RH did a great job when given the opportunity and he would be a very decent addition to the roster either right now or in the very near future.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                We do think very much alike at times.

Comment

Nine players were cut by the Rangers today. Haggerty is still with the club. http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2014/...-trimmed-to-34
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    We do think very much alike at times.
                    Yes we do, but he is still in camp, and I am surprised.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Nine players were cut by the Rangers today. Haggerty is still with the club. http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2014/...-trimmed-to-34
                      Most likely they will go with 14 forwards after all is said and done. 10-11 of those positions are locks. 2 more are in the almost a lock category leaving 1 or 2 open for the start of the season. All of this predicated on injury status and with 2 more pre season games a lot can change. Just hoping to see Haggerty on the ice for much more exposure on Friday.

Comment

Haggs’ still in camp as Rangers trim roster...http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/66...tford#.VCxN7CjSorry everyone, for whatever reason the last post I saw was from last night.
                        Last edited by turk181; 10-01-2014, 02:04 PM.
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

@mattmurley19 little game action between two former RPI grads. The toddler vs the senior citizen. Until next time#khl .... https://twitter.com/bails29/status/517039576805031936
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

No Haggerty tonight. He had a nice pre-season. Hopefully he can make an impact in Hartford.

Comment

Right now Yorkie is 1 of 3 goalies still in Tampa camp. Bishop is the clear starter, Evgeni Nabokov the other goalie still in camp. This Tweet sounds like Yorkie needs to beat Nabokov out in Tampa or it’s on to another team, or the ECHL to at least start the season..... Talking to TBL's AGM BriseBois, indicated Andrei Vasilevski and Kristers Gudlevskis will go ~ 50/50 re: playing time to start the AHL season..... https://twitter.com/coreypronman/sta...30469576990720

Comment

Pirri has been on fire this preseason and has all but secured a spot on the opening night roster less than a week from tonight in Tampa Bay. The natural center, who the Panthers have shifted to the wing position, has had little trouble making the necessary adjustments. - See more at: http://alongtheboards.com/2014/10/br....DdtkGeD7.dpuf

Comment

Working...
                                X