Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tennis...Anyone?

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    The Men's final is going on right now. What is it on Monday, and why isn't it on any real TV station? It didn't seem that there was that much in the way of rain delay.
    It's on CBS. They've moved the men's final to Monday in recent years to give the players an extra day off after the semifinals.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Huh. The DirectTV directory had the usual afternoon crap on.
      Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Been a long time since this was posted in.

Anyone see Serena's episode a couple days ago?
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
          Been a long time since this was posted in.

Anyone see Serena's episode a couple days ago?
          LOTS of speculation by the online 'experts'. Drunk/hungover, drugs, somebody diagnosed her with Guillain-Barre Syndrome based on their own history, poisoning, you name it.
          Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

What's wrong with USA tennis? 10 US men in the tourney, 4 went through to the 2nd round, 1 to the 3rd where he lost. (Isner)
            Women fared a little better; 12 entered, 8 into 2nd round, 5 in third. There they all lost.
            Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
              LOTS of speculation by the online 'experts'. Drunk/hungover, drugs, somebody diagnosed her with Guillain-Barre Syndrome based on their own history, poisoning, you name it.
              That's what I've heard, it could be some type of autoiummune disorder since Venus has one.

Martina Navratilova coming out and stating there's no way it was a virus is weird.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

They said it was a stomach virus. Um, no. That's probably what Martina was talking about. I saw the highlights and it didn't seem to me like drugs or alcohol because that's not how a person acts under the influence (in my experience, YMMV). Given my history with brain trauma and knowing how I reacted, that was my first thought. Hopefully by now she has had an MRI to rule that out. I have seen a lot of talking heads making jokes about her, but it is no laughing matter IMO. It seemed like a very serious health issue - just don't give us this "stomach virus" garbage.

Comment

As a doubles player in high school I really wish the sport was more popular for TV. I can see why it's not though, it runs too fast (though this Bryan Bros match may take more time than Djokovic) and the action itself is fast and can be hard to follow at the professional level. Plus it makes the players look not as skilled because of so many volleys are put into the net, but I don't think people realize the reaction time needed.

At least ESPN3 was invented so I can get my doubles fix.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I will be cheering for Eugenie Bouchard tomorrow. Since Canadians in the finals are quite rare (like she's the first), probably won't be too many in the crowd, not their usual cup of tea
                    We could call her a North American and take half credit.

The young Aussie, Kyrios, was really impressive beating Nadal. Back to reality in his next match and didnt have the dozens of Aces as he did against Nadal.

Can't believe Venus and Serena's people didn't influence a withdrawal prior to the beginnng of the match. Serena was not only moving in slow motion, but appeared to be
                    incoherent or in another reality.
                    Last edited by vizoroo; 07-04-2014, 06:12 PM.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

This is pretty funny: http://www.si.com/tennis/2014/08/28/...-tennis-racket
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Serena vs Wozniaki in finals Sunday.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                          Serena vs Wozniaki in finals Sunday.
                          yes. rather bizarre ending to the Wozniaki - Peng semi-final though. Clearly, Peng was suffering from something worse than just leg cramps. You could see that she was on the verge of vomiting several times. Likely either heat stroke or heat exhaustion. People in that state can't think clearly. The US Open medical staff did not comport itself well by her, IMHO.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Man, Cilic has been in another world the last few days. I think he can be beaten, but when he serves like that, who is going to return it? I think the only way to beat him is to match him service win for service win and drop shot him a lot.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Stan Wawrinka upsets Novak Djokovic to take the French Open.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Wow!

Roberta Vinci just beat Serena Williams in the US Open semi-final.

It was no fluke, either. While Williams looked like she was struggling a bit, and wasn't at her absolute best (uncharacteristic number of forced errors), Vinci played a magnificent match and deserved the victory (kept the points going long enough for those errors to occur; Williams may have become frustrated and over-hit trying to end the point).

An all-Italian women's final tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X