Tennis...Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tennis...Anyone?

It's Federer in straight sets. Major #19.

If I had to guess, this is his last major win.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      It's Federer in straight sets. Major #19.

If I had to guess, this is his last major win.
      Let's wait until after this year's US Open first, just in case....
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I can see the old boy bagging his 20th before its all said and done. Don't understand tennis rankings but don't get how he isn't #1 in the world. GOAT beyond a doubt. He didn't lose a freakin' set the whole tournament.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
          I can see the old boy bagging his 20th before its all said and done. Don't understand tennis rankings but don't get how he isn't #1 in the world. GOAT beyond a doubt. He didn't lose a freakin' set the whole tournament.
          Nadal won the French Open and probably played in more tournaments up to this point in the year. It's between those 2 for #1 rank for the year. No one else close.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            He only played two grand slams last year and didn't play again after Wimbledon. He actually dropped all the way to 16th before starting again in January.
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Anyone watching the US Open? A crazy match last night with Sharpova knocking Halep out.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Roger is late in the fifth set....

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  He survived.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

What a bizarre match. It was almost like Fed was trying to help a fellow Nike wearer. With that being said, no doubt in my mind Tiafoe is next American to win a grand slam. I'm super impressed with him, and not just because of last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Anyone watching the US Open? A crazy match last night with Sharpova knocking Halep out.
                      Good lord, Halep is super cute. First female tennis player I've seen in twenty years that didn't look like a praying mantis.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        What a bizarre match. It was almost like Fed was trying to help a fellow Nike wearer. With that being said, no doubt in my mind Tiafoe is next American to win a grand slam. I'm super impressed with him, and not just because of last night.
                        Tiafoes backstory is amazing and I can't wait to see him win a big one

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Good lord, Halep is super cute. First female tennis player I've seen in twenty years that didn't look like a praying mantis.
                          This is really random but I've actually met a couple girls playing tennis who look just like her. One is a weak 4.5 and the other a solid 5.0. What are the odds of that?

Comment

Tiafoes backstory is amazing and I can't wait to see him win a big one
                            Couldn't agree more. There are going to be some fun matches in years to come between him, Zhvarev, and Shapolavov.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              This is really random but I've actually met a couple girls playing tennis who look just like her. One is a weak 4.5 and the other a solid 5.0. What are the odds of that?
                              I'm assuming those are tennis ratings, not Barney Stinson ratings?

You need to get after those ladies, sir. That is what this man calls a healthy look.

And a pure 5 can get you into the country club to find you're real meal ticket. But I digress.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 08-30-2017, 02:47 PM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I'm assuming those are tennis ratings, not Barney Stinson ratings?

You need to get after those ladies, sir. That is what this man calls a healthy look.

And a pure 5 can get you into the country club to find you're real meal ticket. But I digress.
                                NTRP ratings, do you not use those in the beltway?

One woman is more than enough!

Comment

Working...
                                X