Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Twist # 357

Originally posted by BigRedGuy View Post
    I disagree. On the surface maybe it is but the team should get all the advertising money as they are the team. They should get some food and drink cuts. Teams cost money to run, you have people to pay. They need some help and they really aren't getting any.
    So who pays for the expenses of operating the arena...Santa Claus?
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      So who pays for the expenses of operating the arena...Santa Claus?
      It's funny how this deal is even being allowed to be offered considering the guy doesn't own the place as of now.

Keyword I said some. You will make a lot getting all the concession cuts and suite cuts. I don't think giving up a small percentage would hurt. As for the advertising...without Afr theres no team to be advertised. I suppose the arena could get a team but good luck on creating a franchise this late in the ball game. Besides, it's not like the arena operators will be paying for things like travel, off ice officials, etc that have to do with the hockey side of things.

I haven't checked out a lot of minor league hockey leases with their respective arenas but I would guess a lot of it depends on what you can get aside from the cost of the actually lease to play.
      Last edited by BigRedGuy; 09-16-2012, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
        For a decade, he has been getting help and the concession revenue and still went bankrupt. The AFRs simply did not maximize the huge revenue potential that the Arena presented.
        Guy has a PhD in accounting, how much you wanna bet those books were cooked? Furthermore why would you want to show a profit? You could use it as a tax write off if it's not.

I don't think Doc is as stupid of a person as the local politicians think.

Comment

Guy has a PhD in accounting, how much you wanna bet those books were cooked? Furthermore why would you want to show a profit? You could use it as a tax write off if it's not. I don't think Doc is as stupid of a person as the local politicians think.
          If he thought that avoiding paying property taxes would somehow benefit his bottom line, then his PhD isn't helping him any.

Comment

• Re: Elmira possibly moving to First Arena?

Amazingly, I am not related to the STED President, despite sharing the unique spelling of his last name...
            WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

If he thought that avoiding paying property taxes would somehow benefit his bottom line, then his PhD isn't helping him any.
              Being a private entity why do property taxes have to be paid?

I still think this story has corrupt monkey business involving Santulli and Co. that just doesn't add up and that we will never hear about more than likely. I would very much like to hear about this bank account with an alleged January transaction. I know people in the banking industry, those things can be traced on who took out what and when. I'm sure the account name more than likely had Nichols and Lewis names attached seeing as how they were Doc's chronies. So i'm sure more than an Afr had access to it. Furthermore, the one constant gripe is "they were never in town" It sure seems kind of interesting that Mr. GM and his side kick lackey start another venture in town the same time this **** hit the fan. But of course the politicians love Mr, Nichols(two pukes make a great pair I guess) It's too bad the county judge took the easy way out and dismissed the case, though I call conflict of interest being a county resident and all OF COURSE SHE WASN'T GUNNA RULE AGAINST THE COUNTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Re: Elmira possibly moving to First Arena?

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                Amazingly, I am not related to the STED President, despite sharing the unique spelling of his last name...
                If in fact it is UNIQUE, you do not SHARE it!!
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Being a private entity why do property taxes have to be paid?
                  Because, unless things are very different in New York, the only entities that are exempt from property taxes are not for profit tax empt orgnaizations such as Churches and Schools, or government organizations. Private entities are, of course, required to pay taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Private entities are, of course, required to pay taxes.
                    He also [allegedly] failed to pay for liability insurance, the fire alarm maintenance contract, utilities, and quite a few of his creditors. I'm at a loss to explain how he went bankrupt having never paid half of his bills!? I'm a strong believer in the importance of a multi-use facility to a city, but I think Elmira sold its soul for this one.

BigRed - You continually denigrate the politicians without citing any substantive proof. Do you have evidence, are you simply speculating, or do you have some sort of beef with the County Executives? (who - by the way - have done more to contain spending, and keep taxes down in Chemung County than any other county in the State)

Comment

He also [allegedly] failed to pay for liability insurance, the fire alarm maintenance contract, utilities, and quite a few of his creditors. I'm at a loss to explain how he went bankrupt having never paid half of his bills!? I'm a strong believer in the importance of a multi-use facility to a city, but I think Elmira sold its soul for this one.

BigRed - You continually denigrate the politicians without citing any substantive proof. Do you have evidence, are you simply speculating, or do you have some sort of beef with the County Executives? (who - by the way - have done more to contain spending, and keep taxes down in Chemung County than any other county in the State)
                      I don't care who owns the facility it will never be a multi-use facility. The city is too small and the arena size is too small for any lacrosse league or anyother sport. The hoodlums might take up to some bball. Though the Rodman experiment was a flop. But the prices were outrageous.

As much as I don't trust Doc, I don't trust politcians either(and thats in a general sense) I have been critical of the arena. I have called it one big mob crime family, but then again politics is another form of sorts of organized crime on its own.

A lot of things went wrong here. This place never went to auction(by county law it should have) There definitely is room to think some back door deal was done as it's not like Santulli and TF don't have any business doings together. One thing thats never mentioned is Afr met the February 29th payback date.

None of the parties involved excite me. I am a diehard Jackals fan but I can tell you this my days of going to games is over(and the arena) don't wanna give Doc or the other guy(whoever will end up owning it)anymore money than they will get. At this point with all the lies, broken promises and broken dreams I would be all for that place being bulldozed and rthe remains of it being filled into the ground!
                      Last edited by BigRedGuy; 09-17-2012, 07:29 PM.

Comment

I don't care who owns the facility it will never be a multi-use facility. The city is too small and the arena size is too small for any lacrosse league or anyother sport. The hoodlums might take up to some bball. Though the Rodman experiment was a flop. But the prices were outrageous.

As much as I don't trust Doc, I don't trust politcians either(and thats in a general sense) I have been critical of the arena. I have called it one big mob crime family, but then again politics is another form of sorts of organized crime on its own.

A lot of things went wrong here. This place never went to auction(by county law it should have) There definitely is room to think some back door deal was done as it's not like Santulli and TF don't have any business doings together. One thing thats never mentioned is Afr met the February 29th payback date.

None of the parties involved excite me. I am a diehard Jackals fan but I can tell you this my days of going to games is over(and the arena) don't wanna give Doc or the other guy(whoever will end up owning it)anymore money than they will get. At this point with all the lies, broken promises and broken dreams I would be all for that place being bulldozed and rthe remains of it being filled into the ground!
                        In case everyone wants to get a summation of everything that's been stated:

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                          In case everyone wants to get a summation of everything that's been stated:
                          But maybe he was talking to an empty lawn

Comment

• Re: The saga continues

Time to bulldoze the **** thing already:

http://www.stargazette.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

Comment

Time to bulldoze the **** thing already:

http://www.stargazette.com/article/2...nclick_check=1
                              Totally! A vacant lot would really add to the charm that is the City of Elmira.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                                Totally! A vacant lot would really add to the charm that is the City of Elmira.
                                Don't know if you have ever visited the city or not(the Domes is in the sticks) but this city is on its last legs anyway.

That place is nothing but a bunch of broken fake promises, broken dreams and a bunch of lies. It's nothing but the biggest organized crime operation in the city.

We just need that and the **** prison to close!

Comment

Working...
                                X