Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Twist # 357

e: Never mind, nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Dyce; 09-19-2012, 11:57 PM.
    Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
    A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
    A Handful of ECAC West Championships
    A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
    Some National Championships:
    Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
    Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

• Re: The saga continues

Originally posted by BigRedGuy View Post
      Don't know if you have ever visited the city or not(the Domes is in the sticks) but this city is on its last legs anyway.

That place is nothing but a bunch of broken fake promises, broken dreams and a bunch of lies. It's nothing but the biggest organized crime operation in the city.

We just need that and the **** prison to close!
      wouldnt that cost jobs??

Comment

• Originally posted by BigRedGuy View Post
        Don't know if you have ever visited the city or not(the Domes is in the sticks) but this city is on its last legs anyway.

That place is nothing but a bunch of broken fake promises, broken dreams and a bunch of lies. It's nothing but the biggest organized crime operation in the city.

We just need that and the **** prison to close!
        Bitter much? Jeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
          wouldnt that cost jobs??
          Quite a few of those guys stick it to people with the disability claims and what not. Then they all get to punch out by 45. It's not all that different then living in a mining town really, these guys aren't smart enough to do something else so they stumble on this, really it would just be getting rid of dead weight type.

Comment

• Re: Twist # 357

More to yesterdays story:

http://www.stargazette.com/apps/pbcs...=2012309180090

http://www.stargazette.com/apps/pbcs...=2012309180087

Comment

• What's in a name?

Quite a few of those guys stick it to people with the disability claims and what not. Then they all get to punch out by 45. It's not all that different then living in a mining town really, these guys aren't smart enough to do something else so they stumble on this, really it would just be getting rid of dead weight type.
              I'm fairly confident that we can rule out any association between a local university and the moniker that BigRedGuy has chosen. Any relation to a poster named Hawk, Fornax or 4Nu?

Comment

• Re: What's in a name?

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                I'm fairly confident that we can rule out any association between a local university and the moniker that BigRedGuy has chosen. Any relation to a poster named Hawk, Fornax or 4Nu?
                I did not go to Cornell and I easily admit it. Never claimed I did either. Mad respect to those kids but that never would have been to me. I don'rt know how they pass up having social lives to constantly study.

Comment

A. How and the HELL do they stick it to people with the disability claims? Please let me know. Not to many jobs I know you can get punched in the face (except MMA and Boxing) by someone, cut, stabbed, kicked, spit on, thrown on (you know the poo, pee, and semen in a cup concoction) and nothing happens. So please tell me. Do you think those "disability claims" are not warranted? I don�t know, but the last one I know of was in a brawl and messed up her (yes HER) back defending another officer from a mental health patient (who are not fun to wrestle with). I myself was on the job a whole 4 months when I was out on comp for 4 weeks with a BROKEN HAND. Sometimes it�s NOT the CO's either, take that up with Albany. Several CO's would love to work, but are told they can't by the state.

B. Punch out by 45? Ummm no, the earliest you could is 46, but most do not get in at 21 anymore. You have to be in 25 years. Now with the new tier 6 most guys will have to stay in a lot longer thanks to Little Andy. For putting up with what we do, I'd say you're claims are WAY off. But what do you expect from Joy Public who have never set foot beyond gate 1.

C. Not smart enough? Really...hmm I guess that says something about your local teachers because I know several who left their teaching jobs to become CO's. New York State is one of the top Correctional Departments WORLD WIDE in its training. With the training we receive we can walk into SEVERAL other jobs at a much higher rank.

How about you go after the NYS liberals who let the cons get away with so much then those who watch them? How much money was just spent because we changed our name to Department of Correctional and Community Supervision Services on ALL letterhead? The fact we had to change from calling them �inmates� to offenders on ALL documents? The fact NYS just spend 10�s of millions of dollars building a new Regional Mental Health Unit complete with Air Conditioning and insulated heated floors, 50� flat screen TV�s, and the most high tech unit in New York State for the worst of the worst inmates? Or how cons use your tax money to not only get medication, but we can not give them non-generic. How about how we pay $1,200 just to transport a con to a hospital via ambulance because he can�t poop? I don�t know about you but a $40,000 job to dig through someone�s poop looking for drugs isn�t the best job in the world you want to make it seem like we have it. Now if you want to take issues with how inmates are treated, I�ll agree with you there, but there are very few people that could walk the beat a NYS CO does in an 8 or sometimes mandated 16 hour day.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                    Pretty sure connection with any university is tenuous at most
                    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Marty Lee signed with the new ECHL team in San Francisco, the Bulls!

http://www.stargazette.com/article/2...xt|FRONTPAGE|p
                      2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post

Awesome news for one of the classiest players I have ever had the pleasure to come-across. Congrats Marty, and best of luck to you!

Cheers!!!
                        Dave
                        Dave
                        RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                          Awesome news for one of the classiest players I have ever had the pleasure to come-across. Congrats Marty, and best of luck to you!

Cheers!!!
                          Dave
                          Hope he sticks, but the lockout is disrupting many minor leaguer's plans. A lot of normally AHL players will probably find themselves in the Coast as their jobs are taken by NHL'rs. Stinks.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post

Now San Francisco is part of the East Coast Hockey League

Looks like Denver is also part of the East Coast with the new Cutthroats team that may be the only pro hockey team active in this area this year - I know the Eagles are out there too, but they are North of here.
                            Last edited by NUProf; 09-20-2012, 09:18 PM.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              A. How and the HELL do they stick it to people with the disability claims? Please let me know. Not to many jobs I know you can get punched in the face (except MMA and Boxing) by someone, cut, stabbed, kicked, spit on, thrown on (you know the poo, pee, and semen in a cup concoction) and nothing happens. So please tell me. Do you think those "disability claims" are not warranted? I don�t know, but the last one I know of was in a brawl and messed up her (yes HER) back defending another officer from a mental health patient (who are not fun to wrestle with). I myself was on the job a whole 4 months when I was out on comp for 4 weeks with a BROKEN HAND. Sometimes it�s NOT the CO's either, take that up with Albany. Several CO's would love to work, but are told they can't by the state.

B. Punch out by 45? Ummm no, the earliest you could is 46, but most do not get in at 21 anymore. You have to be in 25 years. Now with the new tier 6 most guys will have to stay in a lot longer thanks to Little Andy. For putting up with what we do, I'd say you're claims are WAY off. But what do you expect from Joy Public who have never set foot beyond gate 1.

C. Not smart enough? Really...hmm I guess that says something about your local teachers because I know several who left their teaching jobs to become CO's. New York State is one of the top Correctional Departments WORLD WIDE in its training. With the training we receive we can walk into SEVERAL other jobs at a much higher rank.

How about you go after the NYS liberals who let the cons get away with so much then those who watch them? How much money was just spent because we changed our name to Department of Correctional and Community Supervision Services on ALL letterhead? The fact we had to change from calling them �inmates� to offenders on ALL documents? The fact NYS just spend 10�s of millions of dollars building a new Regional Mental Health Unit complete with Air Conditioning and insulated heated floors, 50� flat screen TV�s, and the most high tech unit in New York State for the worst of the worst inmates? Or how cons use your tax money to not only get medication, but we can not give them non-generic. How about how we pay $1,200 just to transport a con to a hospital via ambulance because he can�t poop? I don�t know about you but a $40,000 job to dig through someone�s poop looking for drugs isn�t the best job in the world you want to make it seem like we have it. Now if you want to take issues with how inmates are treated, I�ll agree with you there, but there are very few people that could walk the beat a NYS CO does in an 8 or sometimes mandated 16 hour day.
                              I was waiting for you on that one Remy,nice job,I could write a lot more as far as firemen and disabilities and education etc... but ya nailed it, ...

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                                Now San Francisco is part of the East Coast Hockey League

Looks like Denver is also part of the East Coast with the new Cutthroats team that may be the only pro hockey team active in this area this year - I know the Eagles are out there too, but they are North of here.
                                Doesn't stand for that anymore, sadly.

Denver is in the CHL(Central Hockey League) Same level but different league. The Eagles used to be in that league.

Comment

Working...
                                X