Division 1 Commitments 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
    great season for UCONN. good luck next weekend. I'm sure it'll be a great game. for all the marbles.
    I'm sure it won't be close but it's a step in the right direction.
    Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

• Originally posted by Call It View Post
      We are talking about the goalie for the #1 offense team in D1? Is Ted really this girl's Dad? If so, weird! If so, cocky as a freshman?! Wasn't Megan Miller brought in a year early?

BTW... the last laugh has yet TBD. She could choke it in the NCAAs. Way to go Dad bringing it up here with the "hehehehe". I don't get it.
      Congratulations on being the biggest troll on USCHO. Is your name Sean MacDonald?
      Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

• Re: Division 1 Commitments 2014-15

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
        I do worry about the precedence and having schools push girls to come too early and harming their development. Your daughter clearly was ready not all will be.
        But nearly all will think they are ready - hence the concern....

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN FAN View Post
          Congratulations on being the biggest troll on USCHO. Is your name Sean MacDonald?
          Please help me understand this. Supposedly the "dad" comes on here to stir the pot, with the "hehehe" on a very old thread, that his Daughter can play in D1 as a senior in HS. Yes some said she was to young or wasn't ready BUT what is the up side to this? Why do this?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            I'd be mad if you didn't! We wouldn't be BC if we weren't universally hated
            http://24.media.tumblr.com/aa8b1b899...himeo1_500.gif
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
              But nearly all will think they are ready - hence the concern....
              Don't worry we are both in agreement.

And yes that is the dad. No he is not a troll. Give a guy some latitude to brag about his daughter's amazing accomplishments in the face of serious doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by NUWH DogHouse View Post
                Don't worry we are both in agreement.

And yes that is the dad. No he is not a troll. Give a guy some latitude to brag about his daughter's amazing accomplishments in the face of serious doubt.
                i'm not bragging, not cocky. I thought I explained why I HEHEHEHE'd...no disrespect. just that I've been opening this forum up for months and it opens to that post every time.

have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                  I was only kidding around. what caused the post...whenever I open this website it opens right on that post. I've been seeing it every day for months...has to be over 200 times. I chuckle every time I see it. I thought it would be funny to send that today.

I do understand your post all those months ago. but she never would have left if she didn't think she could do it...both on and more importantly off the ice. the only precedent it sets is if someone works hard enough they can achieve things earlier.
                  I was talking to a friend at the rink this weekend and was told a parent from Wizards years ago graduated MIT at 18. That's a precedent that I would welcome also.

your BTW is a good one...but I know 2 people that care...after that it doesn't matter.

thanks for the kind words.
                  Who are you and what have you done with Teddy?!
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by ARM View Post
                    I'd say that no matter what happens from this point on, any question as to whether or not she was ready for college hockey have been answered in the affirmative.
                    This
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Call It View Post
                      Please help me understand this. Supposedly the "dad" comes on here to stir the pot, with the "hehehe" on a very old thread, that his Daughter can play in D1 as a senior in HS. Yes some said she was to young or wasn't ready BUT what is the up side to this? Why do this?
                      Why do it? Because he thought his daughter was ready to play DI hockey (along with the BC coaching staff I might add) or he wouldn't have make that decision. Criticism motivates athletes at all levels. She has proven herself to be a very capable DI goaltender as a freshman. Yes his comments may come back to haunt him but I took his post as a light hearted jab at the naysayers. No harm no foul. Let the chips fall where they may and congrats on a good season.
                      Last edited by UCONN FAN; 03-03-2015, 09:51 AM.
                      Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Why do it? Because he thought his daughter was ready to play DI hockey (along with the BC coaching staff I might add) or he wouldn't have make that decision. Criticism motivates athletes at all levels. She has proven herself to be a very capable DI goaltender as a freshman. Yes his comments may come back to haunt him but I took his post as a light hearted jab at the naysayers. No harm no foul. Let the chips fall where they may and congrats on a good season.
                        nothing is going to haunt anyone. you're all way too serious. if the team loses it will be because the other team played better that day. it's not going to make any player better or worse if they win or lose. does it really make a difference if MN or Harvard wins the National Championship vs BC or Wisconsin? does that make Daniels or Brandt any better? does that make Carpenter or whoever plays for Wisco any worse?

for the record the original post was not a naysayer. he was just registering his thought on the process. not the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          I'd be mad if you didn't! We wouldn't be BC if we weren't universally hated
                          Come to think of it...I do think I've seen them in the news recently.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                            nothing is going to haunt anyone. you're all way too serious. if the team loses it will be because the other team played better that day. it's not going to make any player better or worse if they win or lose. does it really make a difference if MN or Harvard wins the National Championship vs BC or Wisconsin? does that make Daniels or Brandt any better? does that make Carpenter or whoever plays for Wisco any worse?

for the record the original post was not a naysayer. he was just registering his thought on the process. not the kid.
                            I agree with you!!!!!!!!! I took exception to Call-it's post:
                            BTW... the last laugh has yet TBD. She could choke it in the NCAAs. Way to go Dad bringing it up here with the "hehehehe". I don't get it.
                            If BC's doesn't win it all it will not be because ANY single player didn't play well. However it will give trolls like Call-it a chance to say TOLD YOU SO. I'm rooting for BC (despite Grant) and Harvard to win it all.
                            Last edited by UCONN FAN; 03-03-2015, 12:31 PM.
                            Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

I agree with you!!!!!!!!! I took exception to Call-it's post:

If BC's doesn't win it all it will not be because ANY single player didn't play well. However it will give trolls like Call-it a chance to say TOLD YOU SO. I'm rooting for BC (despite Grant) and Harvard to win it all.

I know you do. I used your post because it was the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Knight View Post
                                I know you do. I used your post because it was the last one.
                                Go East teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Working...
                                X