Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Thanks! That actually seems like a great option... Just have a question on the schedule:

The schedule I'm finding lists "last trip" for Park Street at 12:49am and last trip for Riverside at 12:05am... I assume that this lists when the last train leaves the station listed and heads towards the other end of the line... So the last outbound train at the Fenway station would be around 1:00am, right?
    Joe is correct, the Kenmore Square station is closer to the ballpark than the Fenway stop. Outbound trains after Kenmore station used to be "free", but I don't think that is the case anymore. I haven't lived in an area where the green line is convenient for a number of years so I'm not sure exactly about the schedule, but I would say that in general terms, unless the game is going into multiple, multiple extra innings you won't be coming out after the last train stops.

Make sure you take the correct green line train back as there are a few different lines outbound from Kenmore. You will want the "D" line.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      Joe is correct, the Kenmore Square station is closer to the ballpark than the Fenway stop. Outbound trains after Kenmore station used to be "free", but I don't think that is the case anymore. I haven't lived in an area where the green line is convenient for a number of years so I'm not sure exactly about the schedule, but I would say that in general terms, unless the game is going into multiple, multiple extra innings you won't be coming out after the last train stops.

Make sure you take the correct green line train back as there are a few different lines outbound from Kenmore. You will want the "D" line.
      I saw the different branches of the Green Line... That was one of the reasons I wanted to go to the Fenway stop... At that point, I'm already on the "D" branch... I figure that this makes things fairly "tourist/idiot resistant"
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

anyone know when the 2016 schedule comes out? Looking at Miami next year, but I think my teacher friend has spring break the week BEFORE the season starts... or maybe I can squeeze it in after Frozen Four. Otherwise, hoping for a Brewers visit to Oakland or Anaheim, and maybe throw in a repeat to SF or LA, both of which I enjoyed a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
          anyone know when the 2016 schedule comes out?
          Soon. This season's schedule was released on September 6, 2014.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Schedule is out. Happy to see the Brewers go 2 places I haven't been - Texas and Oakland. And the Marlins home opener is right before Frozen Four. Might hit 3 new ballparks next year... wondering if I should throw in Houston when I go to Texas. It's about 4-5 hours both between Miami and Tampa, and Arlington and Houston. That would leave me only Arizona and Anaheim, but it's probably too ambitious - both vacation time-wise and money-wise. Although, really, combining trips is the financially responsible thing to do, as it's cheaper than two separate trips.

edit: I could fly in to Miami on Monday, go to Opening Day on Tuesday, drive to Tampa on Wednesday. Then for the other trip, I could fly in to Houston on Sunday, go to Mariners-Astros on Monday, drive to Dallas on Tue, and go to the Tue-Wed games in Arlington, fly home on Thursday. very tempting. winning the lottery would be helpful.
            Last edited by jen; 09-09-2015, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jen View Post
              Schedule is out. Happy to see the Brewers go 2 places I haven't been - Texas and Oakland. And the Marlins home opener is right before Frozen Four. Might hit 3 new ballparks next year... wondering if I should throw in Houston when I go to Texas. It's about 4-5 hours both between Miami and Tampa, and Arlington and Houston. That would leave me only Arizona and Anaheim, but it's probably too ambitious - both vacation time-wise and money-wise. Although, really, combining trips is the financially responsible thing to do, as it's cheaper than two separate trips.

edit: I could fly in to Miami on Monday, go to Opening Day on Tuesday, drive to Tampa on Wednesday. Then for the other trip, I could fly in to Houston on Sunday, go to Mariners-Astros on Monday, drive to Dallas on Tue, and go to the Tue-Wed games in Arlington, fly home on Thursday. very tempting. winning the lottery would be helpful.
              Tampa to Miami is quite doable in 4 hours, or you might be able to find a very cheap Southwest or Silver airways (haven't flown them personally, but they are puddle jumpers that focus mainly on Florida/Bahamas I believe.) flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Tampa.

Comment

FWIW- Tampa Bay Rays are home vs Toronto Apr 4-7, but will be on the road for the off day of the FF and the weekend. Just in case anybody is looking for something to possibly do Wed night.

Tampa plays in St. Petersburg, about 30ish minutes from downtown Tampa.

Comment

Did the drive from FLL to STP for an evening game. Tyler and Mookie went down to see the sox play marlin in joe Robbie and stayed on the beach with the others. Then sox moved to play the Rays and we drove over for 1 game. Got home late at you need to pay attention on the alley at night doing 90mph
                  But it's not that bad.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Oakland trip is a go (although the only "Oakland" part is the ballpark - staying in San Fran, and I doubt we'll see the sights of Oakland, if there are any). Miami - another time when I have more time to spend, won't need a car, and maybe not during Spring Break. Still planning on both Texas stadiums in late September.

edit: if I win the lottery, the Brewers are in SF the week before they're in Oakland, and LA in between. Two of my favorite stadiums.
                    Last edited by jen; 01-11-2016, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Oakland trip is a go (although the only "Oakland" part is the ballpark - staying in San Fran, and I doubt we'll see the sights of Oakland, if there are any)
                      Oakland has a fantastic history and lots of great architectural sights, not to mention a thriving music scene. My brother lives there -- if you're interested I can give you some recommendations. Oakland is typically lumped in with East LA, Anacostia, and Detroit as "oh noes, scary Negroes, don't go there!!!" (and then of course Raider Fan, who is only one rung higher on the evolutionary ladder than Philly Fan), but it's actually a very cool city and it's made a Pittsburgh-level comeback.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

.... Still planning on both Texas stadiums in late September..
                        did that a couple years ago. flew into houston and returned home from DFW. can't beat the $29 SWA flight from hobby to love

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          did that a couple years ago. flew into houston and returned home from DFW. can't beat the $29 SWA flight from hobby to love
                          Is there stuff to do near the ballparks without a car? Haven't looked at attractions or hotels yet. I hate little planes, though. and right now, it's $119 from Hobby to Love. I'm holding off on planning this one until after the Oakland trip, I think, since tickets will not likely be a problem.

Kepler - I'm going with my mom, so the Oakland music scene is really not something we're going to experience.

Comment

Is there stuff to do near the ballparks without a car? Haven't looked at attractions or hotels yet. I hate little planes, though. and right now, it's $119 from Hobby to Love. I'm holding off on planning this one until after the Oakland trip, I think, since tickets will not likely be a problem.

Kepler - I'm going with my mom, so the Oakland music scene is really not something we're going to experience.
                            houston's park is downtown so you can walk and see stuff (and park cheap at the meters on the street). the rangers' are out in a field.

Comment

Wanna try to get to at least Toronto and The Cell this year. Maybe catch another game at Wrigley or get over to Cleveland, too.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Oakland trip is a go (although the only "Oakland" part is the ballpark - staying in San Fran, and I doubt we'll see the sights of Oakland, if there are any). Miami - another time when I have more time to spend, won't need a car, and maybe not during Spring Break. Still planning on both Texas stadiums in late September.

edit: if I win the lottery, the Brewers are in SF the week before they're in Oakland, and LA in between. Two of my favorite stadiums.
                                If you like deep dish I highly recommend Zachary's pizza, that place was excellent.

Comment

Working...
                                X