MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

Haven't looked at a schedule yet. Do the Brewers come to Detroit?
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Haven't looked at a schedule yet. Do the Brewers come to Detroit?
      nope, we do not play the Tigers this year.

Griffey HOF night also has a Griffey BOBBLEHEAD. I think I might cry I'm so excited. Tickets don't go on sale until March 16 - booooooooooo.

edit: and the Friday game is Ken Griffey Jr. Fireworks Night (what?)
      Last edited by jen; 01-23-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I got my Seattle tickets!!! I am going to go stand in line for my Griffey bobblehead now (first 20,000 fans only - what gives? all our bobblehead giveaways are all fans - you know, to prevent riots over an Italian Sausage bobblehead or something). Also planning on spending time in Portland, Vancouver and Victoria.

Comment

Re-reading this thread, a couple posts about Nats park in DC. I'm headed there in June to watch the Twins - where should I sit? Looks like down third base line would give good view of Jumbotron. Looking for any advice on the whole experience from those who have been there.
          tUMD

Comment

Roadtrip 2013 is about to commence.

I fly into Ft. Lauderdale with my buddy from Denver Friday night. My friend from Boston joins us on Saturday.

From there we have games in Miami (Saturday 6/29 vs San Diego), Tampa (Sunday 6/30 vs Detroit), Atlanta (Tuesday 7/2 vs Miami), Houston (Thursday 7/4 vs Tampa), and Arlington (Friday 7/5 vs Houston).

Hotels are booked in Ft. Myers (6/29), Clearwater (6/30), Forsyth, GA (7/1), Huntsville, AL (7/2), Houston (7/3), and Plano, TX (7/4 and 7/5).

We are flying out from the various Dallas airports at various times on Saturday 7/6.

Basically, I'm posting here to ask for things to do in Atlanta on 7/2 and a bar to watch the Confederations Cup final from in the Tampa area on 6/30. Obviously, we'll be at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg for the game and staying in Clearwater, so staying on that side of the bay would be appreciated. Anyone with knowledge of the areas with recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully I've got some great pictures to post in a couple weeks.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
              Roadtrip 2013 is about to commence...blah blah blah
              As an addendum, "secret" places to park or park and ride (such as Detroit bars) came in handy last year. Any inside knowledge on these stadiums would be awesome.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Anyone have suggestions of something special to get at a game in Seattle? I'm heading up there for a girlfriend visit and we're catching next Sunday's day game against the Brewers.
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Went to Safeco over the weekend (ballpark #23 - 7 more to go). Nice enough ballpark. Parking cost was a little ridiculous (took the light rail one day, parked in a garage the other).

The food was overall pretty good (although pricey), and my mom claims their cheddar brat is even better than a Miller Park brat. My beer of choice was the Pyramid Curveball, and I also had the sushi, fruit kebab and a salmon sandwich (first 2 good, last not so much).

Not impressed with the attendance. Beautiful day on Sunday, their ace going, and it was maybe half full.

One complaint: Saturday was Griffey bobblehead day (first 20,000 fans only), and the lines were crazy. We walked for probably 3/4 mile and still never saw the end of the line. And this was at 3:30 (game was at 6:10). They seemed pretty unprepared to handle that size crowd (concession-wise), and they HAD to know it would sell out the second they announced it. Maybe get a little extra ketchup and make sure you have enough employees to cover. And I can't imagine it would have been THAT expensive to come up with another 20,000 bobbleheads.

but the ceremony was awesome. (and yes, I got a bobblehead! it helps to have tickets were you get to go in a separate entrance)

next year's trip... if the Brewers go to Oakland or Anaheim, it'll be there. Otherwise probably Miami. I have Arizona, Atlanta, Houston, Texas, Anaheim, Oakland and Miami left.
                  Last edited by jen; 08-15-2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

I was at the Sunday game too! That game was ridiculously quick.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      next year's trip... if the Brewers go to Oakland or Anaheim, it'll be there. Otherwise probably Miami. I have Arizona, Atlanta, Houston, Texas, Anaheim, Oakland and Miami left.
                      The NL Central is playing the AL East next year for interleague play

Comment

Originally posted by GJD66 View Post
                        The NL Central is playing the AL East next year for interleague play
                        blech. I swear they just played the East (although I'd like to see the Yankees come here so we can appropriately welcome the Big Fella back). They haven't been to Oakland since 2007. Of course, they hadn't been to Seattle since 1997.

Comment

anybody have a cool trip planned?

no new parks for me this year, as of yet. still at 23 cities.

A local burger place opened a stand at Miller Park this year (AJ Bombers) and they have custard that is themed to the opposing team. This homestand, it's Gooey Butter Cake custard (drool - why didn't I get tickets?). Good burgers, too.
                          Last edited by jen; 04-15-2014, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Anyone used Hardball Passport? pretty cool, check it out.

It has occured to me that I got to see both Jeter and Rivera play in their first full season at Yankee Stadium. Kinda cool.
                            Last edited by jen; 05-09-2014, 07:35 AM.

Comment

This doesn't really count as a baseball road trip I guess, but I was in Cincinnati and had the opportunity to see the St. Louis - Cincinnati game Friday night. My first time to that ballpark.

I really liked the park. Pretty easy to get into and out of, and nice access to the downtown hotels. Good atmosphere. I wasn't particularly impressed with the food selections, but I don't usually hold that against any stadiums or ballparks that I visit for the first time.

We sat near the front of section 104, which is right in the center of left field. It was a little crazy in that section after the game. They brought out these slow pitch softball guys who started launching homers into left field, including the second deck, with softballs. Definitely not the beer league guys I'm used to seeing.

Two things bad about those seats. Couldn't see the jumbotron for replays, and you really didn't get any sort of "scenic view" of Cincinnati or the Roebling Bridge.

After the game we went to a fun bar called O'Malleys in the Alley just a couple of blocks away from the stadium. Highly recommend it.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Anyone have suggestions for Wrigley? I wanted to pull off the Chicago double-header with Cubs in the afternoon and White Sox at night, but it appears MLB doesn't like to schedule teams in the same media market to home games at the same time. It only happens for six games this year and both the Cubs and White Sox are at night for all six. So, Wrigley it is.

I went to Fenway last year so I figured I might as well fit in the second oldest ballpark. Due to price it's looking like the 500 level seats but I had a few questions. Why are these so much cheaper than other parts of the park? As far as I understand Wrigley is a lot like Fenway where even if you're far from the action you're still close, yet the price doubles once you leave for any other section. I know there's some obstructed seating, but some without obstruction are actually cheaper than ones with on StubHub.

Other questions:
                                1) Scalp or Stub Hub? Cubs are awful but I know prices are based more on the Wrigley experience than actual baseball. I can get the 500 level on Stub Hub for 20-25 bucks.
                                2) Any food Wrigley is known for that's a must have?
                                3) I know there's extremely limited parking, has anyone tried the park and ride from one of the El stations?
                                4) Is it really worth $200+ to sit on a roof top and watch the game? Even if you want to drink all game, you could just buy a 500 level and still be able to buy about 20 beers with the money that it would cost just for the roof top ticket.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X