Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 161 to 178 of 178

Thread: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

  1. #161

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,339

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    My expectations for the Trop are very low.
    On TV it looks like what if the North Koreans built a knock-off Kingdome.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  2. #162
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    My expectations for the Trop are very low.
    Still way too high. (Sorry).

    In all seriousness, you're right to not expect much. Haven't been this season, but there should still be a craft beer concession out in the OF sections (under them, tbh). It's worth a stop if that's up your alley, some good selections, especially for a baseball game.

    Also some nice breweries not too far from the CropDuster. Green Bench, Cycle, maybe some others. Yeoman's Cask and Lion also opened a St Pete location a handful of blocks East of the stadium if you're looking for a pregame or postgame meal. Better than Fergs.

  3. #163
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    milwaukee
    Posts
    13,249

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    but at least I got to see a no-hitter.
    insanely jealous.

  4. #164
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Rosa, Sonoma County
    Posts
    4,904

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Saw Citi for the first time. It's fine but nothing special unless you're a home fan.
    if you come in from 95, the view of the Manhattan Skyline from the Whitestone Bridge is breathtaking. Let someone else drive and sit in the passenger seat.
    *****

  5. #165
    Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    South of Boston
    Posts
    9,026

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    insanely jealous.
    It was my 1st no-hitter, so I was thrilled, even though it was my team that got no-hit.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

    "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

  6. #166

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,339

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    if you come in from 95, the view of the Manhattan Skyline from the Whitestone Bridge is breathtaking. Let someone else drive and sit in the passenger seat.
    Sure, NYC is gorgeous. I was just talking about Citi.



    Look around, look around, at how
    Lucky we are to be alive right now!
    Look around, look around, at how
    Lucky we are to be alive right now!

    History is happening in Manhattan and we
    Just happen to be
    In the greatest city in the world!
    In the greatest city in the world!

    Work.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  7. #167
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    13,603

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Sure, NYC is gorgeous.
    To each their own I guess ...
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  8. #168

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,339

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I love that, too.

    It isn't a city.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  9. #169
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    if you come in from 95, the view of the Manhattan Skyline from the Whitestone Bridge is breathtaking. Let someone else drive and sit in the passenger seat.
    Went to school for 4 years under the Throggs Neck. Definitely got spoiled by the view on a clear day.

  10. #170

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    60,339

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Went to school for 4 years under the Throggs Neck. Definitely got spoiled by the view on a clear day.
    Merchant Marine Academy?

    I was a guard at their harbor simulator one summer.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

  11. #171
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Merchant Marine Academy?

    I was a guard at their harbor simulator one summer.
    Nah, the better brother. SUNY. Our ship is bigger, too.

  12. #172
    Kichizapi Chetan
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Engelstad Arena
    Posts
    13,603

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Nah, the better brother. SUNY. Our ship is bigger, too.
    Boat schoolers. < sigh >

    Signed,
    A former Navy nuke instructor
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

    North Dakota Hockey:

  13. #173
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,360

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Boat schoolers. < sigh >

    Signed,
    A former Navy nuke instructor
    Hey, atleast we know how to get from point A to point B safely

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajq8eag4Mvc

  14. #174

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    34,994
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Boat schoolers. < sigh >

    Signed,
    A former Navy nuke instructor
    My nephew is in prototype school in Charleston. When he's done, he's off to Groton.

  15. #175
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,159

    Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

    Got out to the South Side a couple weeks ago. Sox vs Royals, so got cheap tickets eight rows up the first baseline just past the infield.

    Rainy day to start so a bit of a delay, but that was fine because it allowed some time to walk around the ballpark. It was 1993 AL West reunion day, so Ozzie, Bo, Frank Thomas, and McDowell were all there and got a huge ovation.

    Already soaked from the rain I decided to have a turn in the Comiskey stadium shower they have out in center field.

    Game moved quickly until the 8th when they started going to the bullpen. It was on pace for a 2:20 finish, ended up going about 2:45, but there were some good plays for two awful teams.

    I think I'd place this at the bottom of the stadiums I've visited so far.

    Weirdest thing was the amount of fans of other teams there. Tigers, Brewers, Twins, Yankees, Indians, and Cubs. An entire family came in double billing Cubs gear, which was a little odd. Quite a few Midwest League teams as well.

  16. #176
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Got out to the South Side a couple weeks ago. Sox vs Royals, so got cheap tickets eight rows up the first baseline just past the infield.

    Rainy day to start so a bit of a delay, but that was fine because it allowed some time to walk around the ballpark. It was 1993 AL West reunion day, so Ozzie, Bo, Frank Thomas, and McDowell were all there and got a huge ovation.

    Already soaked from the rain I decided to have a turn in the Comiskey stadium shower they have out in center field.

    Game moved quickly until the 8th when they started going to the bullpen. It was on pace for a 2:20 finish, ended up going about 2:45, but there were some good plays for two awful teams.

    I think I'd place this at the bottom of the stadiums I've visited so far.

    Weirdest thing was the amount of fans of other teams there. Tigers, Brewers, Twins, Yankees, Indians, and Cubs. An entire family came in double billing Cubs gear, which was a little odd. Quite a few Midwest League teams as well.
    I get the pleasure of going to the worst stadium in the league the next few days. Yanks @ Rays. Only nice things about the Cropduster is the Rays touch tank and its climate controlled.

  17. #177
    Generic Catchy Message
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Willoughby, 1888
    Posts
    7,159
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    I get the pleasure of going to the worst stadium in the league the next few days. Yanks @ Rays. Only nice things about the Cropduster is the Rays touch tank and its climate controlled.
    Don't think I'll ever make it to The Trop. Ybor City stadium should be built by then. Of course, if I had my way I'd be seeing them or the Marlins at Labatt Stadium in Montreal.

  18. #178
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Don't think I'll ever make it to The Trop. Ybor City stadium should be built by then. Of course, if I had my way I'd be seeing them or the Marlins at Labatt Stadium in Montreal.
    One can only hope, should the Rays stay down here.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •