X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2012-13 - Season 24

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    Photo of NCAA official about to make a call - proof of where at least some calls come from.
    No surprise here, after all it IS Tisi.
    Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
      No surprise here, after all it IS Tisi.
      A "dream team" of Eastern D3 Officials (one linesman format)

R- R. Tisi
      R- M. St. Louis
      AR - R St. Louis
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Fan Bus to Glens Falls Available for Plattsburgh vs. Skidmore

Fans interested in watching the Plattsburgh State men’s hockey team take on Skidmore College on Friday, Jan. 4 at the Glens Falls Civic Center can now purchase seats on the Fan Bus with transportation provided by Lamoille Valley Transportation.

Seats for the bus will be available beginning Wednesday for $25 per person. The bus will depart from the Field House at 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 4 and will return to Plattsburgh immediately following the game. Game time is at 7 p.m. All 54 spots on the bus must be filled for the trip to take place. Tickets are not included in the bus trip and must be purchased separately through the Glens Falls Civic Center.

Fans can reserve their spot on the bus by bringing cash or check to Mark Stata at Memorial Hall, Room 312. Reservations and payment will be taken Dec. 19-21 and Dec. 26-27 at Memorial Hall from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. If spots for the bus remain, sign-ups will also take place during the upcoming Plattsburgh State men’s hockey games on Dec. 28 and 29 at the Hynes Electric and Buck Supply Cardinal Classic Tournament. Seats must be purchased by Wednesday, Jan. 2.

Tickets for the game are priced at $5 for seats behind either goal and $10 for side seats. Students from Skidmore College or SUNY Plattsburgh’s main and branch campus will be admitted for free by presenting a valid Student ID at the box office. Tickets for the general public can be purchased online at www.glensfallscc.com, by phone at 855-GFCC-TIX (432-2849) or at the Glens Falls Civic Center box office.

For more information, please contact Mark Stata at 518-564-4127 or by email at statamp@plattsburgh.edu.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I know this is way early, but is the D3 Final Four at Lake Placid March 15th and 16th? I thought I read that somewhere. I usually go every year, regardless whether my Cardinals are in it or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
            I know this is way early, but is the D3 Final Four at Lake Placid March 15th and 16th? I thought I read that somewhere. I usually go every year, regardless whether my Cardinals are in it or not.
            Correct.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Correct.
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                Got my tickets two weeks ago at the Olympic Center. You can also get them at whiteface.com under events.

Comment

20 YEARS AGO (1992)

Lenny Pereira’s power-play goal midway through the third gives Plattsburgh State a 4-3 lead; however, Moscow Spartak rallies for a 6-4 victory in front of 2,178 fans.
                  Plattsburgh Press Republican

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Rest assured, there is a 100% chance that Elmira will be playing the Cardinals this weekend (as well as a certainty that since it is a tournament, the Cardinals will loose the tournament)
                    Last edited by norm1909; 12-27-2012, 06:51 PM.
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Cards set for Classic {Article courtesy of the Plattsburgh Press-Republican 12/28/2012}

The Plattsburgh State men’s hockey team hasn’t played in three weeks.

Coach Bob Emery said it shows.

But he knows the other teams at this weekend’s Cardinal Classic will be in the same boat.

We look a little sluggish. Guys can work out all they want, but if they’re not skating, it’s not the same,” Emery said. “But every team in the tournament is going to be at the same level.”

No. 8 Plattsburgh hosts Wesleyan tonight in the annual tournament at Stafford Ice Arena. The first game will feature No. 11 Amherst and Elmira. Today’s winners will play Saturday night, following the consolation game.

Wesleyan (4-3-1) last played Dec. 6 with a 3-1 win over Wentworth. Wesleyan, which is also the Cardinals, plays in the NESCAC. The team has averaged 4.0 goals per game, and leading scorer Nick Craven is averaging one goal per game, which is tied for second in Division III. The senior forward has eight goals and four assists and is closely followed by junior Keith Buehler, who sports a 3-8-11 scoring line.

“I know Wesleyan plays everybody tough,” Emery said. “Any team that plays us obviously is going to come in here with the attitude of everything to gain, nothing to lose. We have to equal their hard work and emotion.”

The coach added that he expects his team to be rusty in the first period but hopes it can “work the kinks out” as the game goes on.

Plattsburgh was hit by the injury bug at the end of the first semester, and Emery said defenseman Anthony Calabrese, who had a concussion, has not been cleared yet. Fellow blueliner Brandon Beadow is also still out. Preston Kaye, who returned for the final game before the break, is now back to 100 percent.

Emery said there haven’t been any roster changes between semesters.

Through 11 games, sophomore Mark Constantine (five goals, six assists) and freshman Luke Baleshta (four goals, seven assists) lead Plattsburgh in scoring, and a handful of players are tied at seven points. Goaltender Mathieu Cadieux boasts a 4-3-1 record with a 1.49 GAA and a .945 save percentage.

Plattsburgh (7-3-1) closed the first part of the season with a 1-0 home loss to Norwich on Dec. 7 and is looking for a strong start to the second semester.

We have three losses at this time of the year. Some people might not think that’s a lot, but if you look at each year, the NCAA picture, over five losses is detrimental,” Emery said. “But we have to take one game at a time. Wesleyan will be a tough opponent, and we have to be ready to play.”

As the first semester ended, Emery said the team needed more players willing to play gritty hockey.

“We as a coaching staff have to demand it. Guys have to play physical and do the little things — block shots, finish hits,” he said. “So we have to demand it, no matter who they are.”

Amherst (5-3-1) ended the first semester with five straight road games. The Lord Jeffs went 1-3 during that span before closing with a big win over Middlebury. Elmira (5-6) wrapped up the first half by splitting a home-and-home with Fredonia.

Plattsburgh won last year’s Cardinal Classic, beating Castleton in the championship game.

Email Courtney Lewis: clewis@pressrepublican.com

Follow from home Staff writer Courtney Lewis will be tweeting from this weekend's Cardinal Classic. Follow her at @sportscourt.
                      Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Word has it that the Cards are dealing with some illness going in to the Classic. Look for some regulars to be out this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                          Word has it that the Cards are dealing with some illness going in to the Classic. Look for some regulars to be out this weekend.
                          Why not? Everyone else in Clinton County has been sick in the last three weeks? Also, if you are going to the games tonight, there is high school basketball at the fieldhouse today that started at 11:30 am, with the last game scheduled to tip off at 7:00 pm.
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            Cards set for Classic {Article courtesy of the Plattsburgh Press-Republican 12/28/2012}
                            No roster changes for the birds over the break,thought there may be a little movement but I guess with a few injuries most are getting ice other than in their booze.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG
                              So as someone who's seen these offensively challenged teams all four years and now my first year as an alumni, when was the last time they had an offense that fired on all cylinders? I mean I realize it's a defense-first system so they're not going to be that team that can drop like 5 goals every game bu
                              I can't answer the historical questions, but that had to be a frustrating game to watch if you are a cardinals fan. Until they pulled their goalie, they really didn't have many quality scoring chances. Amherst is good defensively, but there really wasn't much puck support off the rush for plattsburgh, and when they did get pucks to the net they had no one driving for rebounds. Pretty easy night for the Amherst goaltender.

Comment

Originally posted by canadianhockeyguy View Post
                                I can't answer the historical questions, but that had to be a frustrating game to watch if you are a cardinals fan. Until they pulled their goalie, they really didn't have many quality scoring chances. Amherst is good defensively, but there really wasn't much puck support off the rush for plattsburgh, and when they did get pucks to the net they had no one driving for rebounds. Pretty easy night for the Amherst goaltender.
                                Eric Satim and Dylan Clarke were pretty darn good.

The last time Plattsburgh was dominant though was probably the 2008-09 team. That might go down as one of the best teams to not win the NCAA championship in Division III history.
                                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X