X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2012-13 - Season 24

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    When I was a kid when we had air raid drills we went out in the hall, sat down and put our head between our knees! That was really going to help. I think it was so you wouldn't see what was going to happen.
    When I was kid, we hid under the desks for air raid drills.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      When I was kid, we hid under the desks for air raid drills.
      Oh we did the under the desk thing at times as well, I guess it depended what kind of "fallout" was expected!! We also had go home drills as well where you were to go directly home and stay inside until 4:00pm. All the fire whistles were blowing in both villages where I grew up near Fort Drum. (Carthage and West Carthage, NY separated by the Black River)

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

We "duck and cover"
        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

We did the 'under the desk' drills in grade school!!
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

We did hide under the desk and go out into the halls and cover our heads while leaning against the wall. Our school was a designated fallout shelter, but I never saw the shelter.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Im sorry but is this the preppers thread. shall I divulge my bugout bag contents....we did the hide in the hallway thing

Comment

To all of the above air raid drill routines, been there, done that. Thinking about it, growing up in Plattsburgh may have had some advantages. Being the closest SAC Air Base to Rusia, I figure we were first on the hit list and wouldn't have time to bring our desk out into the hall, sit under it with our heads between our legs (kissing our a** goodbye), while covering our heads, and leaning against the wall! Not being around to witness hell may have been a real blessing. Like I said, glad I was 6 and not 16 at that time. And I am grateful to all the service men and women before and after that worked for peace, and that cooler heads prevailed. For decades, Plattsburgh Air Force base had a bomber parked on the lawn at the entrance to the main base. Every Christmas they put a big inflatable Santa on it. Merry Christmas everyone, Peace on Earth.
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                  To all of the above air raid drill routines, been there, done that. Thinking about it, growing up in Plattsburgh may have had some advantages. Being the closest SAC Air Base to Rusia, I figure we were first on the hit list and wouldn't have time to bring our desk out into the hall, sit under it with our heads between our legs (kissing our a** goodbye), while covering our heads, and leaning against the wall! Not being around to witness hell may have been a real blessing. Like I said, glad I was 6 and not 16 at that time. And I am grateful to all the service men and women before and after that worked for peace, and that cooler heads prevailed. For decades, Plattsburgh Air Force base had a bomber parked on the lawn at the entrance to the main base. Every Christmas they put a big inflatable Santa on it. Merry Christmas everyone, Peace on Earth.
                  Ho ho ho
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    For decades, Plattsburgh Air Force base had a bomber parked on the lawn at the entrance to the main base. Every Christmas they put a big inflatable Santa on it. Merry Christmas everyone, Peace on Earth. Santa is there this year but over the years his legs were "amputated" so now there is a chimney on the ground with just his upper body coming out of it. It is also moved across the road as well as the planes. The Santa is not inflatable but some kind of cast material. BTW Larry, how is your Mom doing?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Channel five just showed highlights from the Plattsburgh High School-Saranac Hockey game at Stafford. They don't get to use the Video scoreboard, only the small auxillary scoreboard!
                      Last edited by Birdwatcher; 12-13-2012, 09:46 AM.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                        For decades, Plattsburgh Air Force base had a bomber parked on the lawn at the entrance to the main base. Every Christmas they put a big inflatable Santa on it. Merry Christmas everyone, Peace on Earth. Santa is there this year but over the years his legs were "amputated" so now there is a chimney on the ground with just his upper body coming out of it. It is also moved across the road as well as the planes. The Santa is not inflatable but some kind of cast material. BTW Larry, how is your Mom doing?
                        I stand corrected re: Santa being inflatable. He looks like he's made out of Paper Mache (sp?)
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by mjmigliaccio View Post
                          well, well look here. guess who's getting a shot in the AHL...

http://www.ctwhale.com/players

http://www.ctwhale.com/news/detail/w...ng-camp-roster

Best of luck to Brian for his success will certainly have a positive impact in so many ways on the program.
                          Look who is back in the AHL.

http://www.ctwhale.com/news/detail/w...ster-changes-1

Comment

• Originally posted by mjmigliaccio View Post
                            That's awesome! Congrats Brian. Hope he can stick for a bit this time.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

good for him nice job !!

Comment

Photo of NCAA official about to make a call - proof of where at least some calls come from.
                                Larry Normandin
                                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X