This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2012-13 - Season 24

Cards are in another mini-slump with tonight's tie (as good as a loss) vs. a vastly improved Cortland team. Key injuries to Kaye and Beadow (tonight in warmups) leaving us a little vulnerable on defense. Having trouble finding back of the net which was the battle cry of last year's team. We're going to have to work through it. Trouble is, we've got #1 and #2 in country for next two games!!!

However, over the years Bob Emery has managed to motivate his team to come up big when no one gives them much of a chance. Perhaps that will happen tomorrow night??

Comment

"The chemistry’s not right. The leadership’s not right" {Article courtesy of the Plattsburgh Press-Republican 12/1/2012}

CORTLAND — With a rivalry game looming, Plattsburgh State played to a disappointing tie with Cortland Friday.

The Red Dragons got a third-period goal from Michael Lysyj to pull into a 3-3 draw in SUNY Athletic Conference men’s hockey.

Plattsburgh coach Bob Emery said the Cardinals didn’t get good leadership.

“I thought the game was lost in the locker room and in the first period,” he said. “We weren’t ready to play.

“It was a lot like the Geneseo game (two weeks ago) — Cortland outhustled us, out-physicaled us, overpowered us.”

Plattsburgh (6-2-1, 5-1-1 SUNYAC) visits Oswego, the top-ranked team in Division III, tonight.

Most of Friday’s goals were scored in the first period, and three came in a span of just over three minutes. Alex Brenton put Plattsburgh on the board five minutes in, and Mike Henrici tied it 45 seconds later. Then Matty Davie put Cortland (2-6-2, 2-4-1) in front at 8:13.

Plattsburgh’s Jared Docking made it 2-2 with 22 seconds left in the period.

Luke Baleshta tallied in the final minute of the second period for a 3-2 Plattsburgh lead. Lysyj knotted it up 7:08 into the third.

“I thought we had a pretty good second period; we played the puck down deep in their end,” Emery said. “Then the first 10 minutes of the third we didn’t play well. The last 10 we had plenty of chances to score, we just didn’t score.

“But what I’m more worried about is we don’t have enough toughness. We didn’t battle enough.”

Lyle Rocker made 31 saves to earn the win. Plattsburgh’s Mathieu Cadieux stopped 29 shots.

Emery said the Cardinals have some things to figure out.

“The chemistry’s not right. The leadership’s not right,” he said. “We have to find out how to get that right.”

First-place Oswego (8-0, 7-0), which beat Potsdam on Friday, is three points ahead of the Cardinals in the SUNYAC standings going into tonight’s contest.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

For those living in the Time Warner cable area (not Charter), tonight's Plattsburgh-Oswego game should be on Time Warner Cable channel 1027 starting live at 7pm.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

If Bob thinks there is a"chemistry" problem, I think he should accept the blame as much as anyone at this point . Im a big fan of Bob Emery but the horses are there and he wont let them run.............

Comment

Haven't we all learned to never doubt our coach ??? 500+ wins and counting is rarified air.

Comment

I know , big fan of Bobs. But its the same old story every year while he molds the attitudes.

Comment

From an outside perspective, what Coach Emery said in the article is nothing short of pure genius. Plattsburgh is about to play their biggest game of the season against their biggest rival and he calls his team out. I expect to see the Cardinals to come out flyin' tonight (no pun intended).
                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                  From an outside perspective, what Coach Emery said in the article is nothing short of pure genius. Plattsburgh is about to play their biggest game of the season against their biggest rival and he calls his team out. I expect to see the Cardinals to come out flyin' tonight (no pun intended).
                  You beat me to it. I wouldn't expect anything else but a team with something to prove to their coach. There is a reason why he has over 500 wins. I love it when Emery and Gosek are questioned on their coaching ability.

Comment

Go Cards. Wish I could be there.
                    Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                    National Champions 1992, 2001
                    21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                    National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                    Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Gutsy performance!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerAlum09 View Post
                        You beat me to it. I wouldn't expect anything else but a team with something to prove to their coach. There is a reason why he has over 500 wins. I love it when Emery and Gosek are questioned on their coaching ability.
                        I agree while I dont always like the decisions Emery makes I am not there. He is a coach that demands discipline and if you don't give it you will be on his bad side, which brings me to this Gosek is the coach of the number 1 team in the nation, at the moment, so he knows what he is doing but I want to see what is going to come what the player did at the end of the game. There was no call for that spear to Brenton and if he is a true coach that doesn't take stuff like that then I would expect somebody to be sitting for at least 1 game but we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                          I agree while I dont always like the decisions Emery makes I am not there. He is a coach that demands discipline and if you don't give it you will be on his bad side, which brings me to this Gosek is the coach of the number 1 team in the nation, at the moment, so he knows what he is doing but I want to see what is going to come what the player did at the end of the game. There was no call for that spear to Brenton and if he is a true coach that doesn't take stuff like that then I would expect somebody to be sitting for at least 1 game but we will see.
                          Gosek said he didn't see it but will be adressing it. He said he believe there was a misconduct handed out...

Edit and there was....5 min spear and DQ
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                            He doesn't need to do anything. The referees did. Either a d-man will be playing forward, or Oswego will be a man short on the bench next week, there are no healthy forwards sitting in the stands!
                            2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                            2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                            2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                            2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                            2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                              He doesn't need to do anything. The referees did. Either a d-man will be playing forward, or Oswego will be a man short on the bench next week, there are no healthy forwards sitting in the stands!
                              If it was Emery number 26 would be sitting out two games!!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                If it was Emery number 26 would be sitting out two games!!
                                That was amazing from a team Captain! It seems that guys sit a game for Bob for even stupid penalties. Not to mention that post game crap!

Comment

Working...
                                X