This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2012-13 - Season 24

The Cards had better tighten up tonight or they could have their first 0-2 Genny-Brockport trip......EVER !!!

Comment

I have a feeling we are going to see some line up changes made. Just a guess lol. First and foremost, you can not let Brockport hang around like last year and the defense just has to play smarter and quicker. The offense is there, but if you can't get it out of your zone, you can't play offense....
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
        A real dud, that's what it was. Poor d-zone coverage on game winner with a minute left. No jump tonight, looked like we had "bus legs". Could be a tad over-confident as well. Genny played pretty well though, even when backup goalie came in early in 2nd period. He left some rebounds, but we were not there to clean 'em up. Very mediocre effot all around. Makes tomorrow's game vs. Brockport a big one.
        Hopefully, it was just an early season hiccup and a learning tool for all those freshman. They'll be some lineup changes tomorrow for sure. I predict a nice bounceback game.
        cant figure genny out as usual it seems, they show up when they feel like it??? brockport has 56 shots last night in the OT win .I didnt think they would be this competitive this yr after losing there big scorers, their frsh netminder is on fire as well

Comment

Nobody has EVER defected to the darkside !! However, Dave Rattray came to Plattsburgh from Oswego in 1980 and Dave Fentress did the same in 1987. John Rice, who was from Oswego and who's father was connected with the Laker .
          team, was recruited by Herb Hammond (who came to P'burg via Oswego) and played 4 years for the Cardinals
          The only possible defector was a defenseman named John Vashaw who played a handful of games for the Cards as a freshman, transferred to Geneseo for 2 years and then to Oswego for his senior year!!
          I remember Fentress as a frshmn,didnt know he jumped ship,, if its the same Rice, hes dad was the team trainer Doc Rice we called him, another funny story went to him after a shot block in practice,he told me to get a bag and fill it with ice,I reached into the ice machine for ice and hit a 6pak of lets just say not soda,with the ice scoop nuff said...
          Last edited by bakdraft21; 11-17-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

how long is that bus ride to genny that must have soemthing to do with it?? do they go up the day b4??

Comment

About 6 and yes they do. But bus legs had nothing to do with it. They came out of the gate fine, as I said they had a questionable call go against them 5 minutes into the game. Had they called it a goal, it would have deflated Geneseo. Plattsburgh penalties (which normally doesnt happen) gave Geneseo more momentum then anything else. Funniest part of the night was when Emery was barking at the reff (Ciamaga??)...and the reff stood there in a staredown contest with Bob for a good 30-40 seconds...Bob then made the funniest face at him you couldn't help but laugh...but blondie just sat there stone faced...he wanted to give him the "T" so bad lol
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

In my opinion this current team is as talented
                as we have had in quite some time. They are young and really have a lot to learn about what it takes to play for Bob . I would bet that a couple of newbies just went back on the radar for some fine tuning after last night.

It is a process that 99% of all freshmen must go through and this group is going to be around for some deep playoff runs.

The defensive pairs are not as tight as they will be in a 6 or 8 more games either.

Its very early and Geneseo beat us thats all that we should be saying .

This work in progress is going to be just fine short term and I dare say GREAT long term.

Comment

Originally posted by CardinalSin View Post
                  In my opinion this current team is as talented
                  as we have had in quite some time. They are young and really have a lot to learn about what it takes to play for Bob . I would bet that a couple of newbies just went back on the radar for some fine tuning after last night.

It is a process that 99% of all freshmen must go through and this group is going to be around for some deep playoff runs.

The defensive pairs are not as tight as they will be in a 6 or 8 more games either.

Its very early and Geneseo beat us thats all that we should be saying .

This work in progress is going to be just fine short term and I dare say GREAT long term.
                  am i sensing another " work in progress thread""

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    "Season 24" - is de facto
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Not sure the work is ever done...for anyone...
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                        Not sure the work is ever done...for anyone...
                        Until RIP.
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I remember Fentress as a frshmn,didnt know he jumped ship,, if its the same Rice, hes dad was the team trainer Doc Rice we called him, another funny story went to him after a shot block in practice,he told me to get a bag and fill it with ice,I reached into the ice machine for ice and hit a 6pak of lets just say not soda,with the ice scoop nuff said...
                          That would be the same Doc Rice ! He along with his sidekick "Mags"??, were allowed to imbibe at the 4th Ward with their green Lakers jackest on. Any other "intruders" were not allowed. His son John still lives in Oswego I believe and really catches it from the fans when he shows up at games in the Card attire. Those were the days....doesn't surprise me about Unger trying to pull the "sweater-switch".....It's amazing to us how he was so instrumental in stripping our '87 title when we knew there wasn't much difference in how he ran his program.
                          Our nameplates from the backs of our jerseys hang prominently in the 4th til this very day!!!

Comment

I was just looking at this all time roster (through 2010) and see it lists Mike Deloria, Mickey Gebo, Peter Huru, John Mayette, Jay Perras and Jim Phillips, as being Cardinal players who list their hometown as Plattsburgh (though 8 players list Newmarket, Ontario as their hometown). Also noticed Matt Goslant from Northfield, VT also Jim Rice and John Vashaw both from Oswego, Steve Rolich from Lyon Mountain, NY.
                            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                              I was just looking at this all time roster (through 2010) and see it lists Mike Deloria, Mickey Gebo, Peter Huru, John Mayette, Jay Perras and Jim Phillips, as being Cardinal players who list their hometown as Plattsburgh (though 8 players list Newmarket, Ontario as their hometown). Also noticed Matt Goslant from Northfield, VT also Jim Rice and John Vashaw both from Oswego, Steve Rolich from Lyon Mountain, NY.
                              Not sure, but I think Oswego has had about the same number of players who hailed from Oswego. Gebo and Pat O'neil (goalie, not listed on that all-rime roster) were the last two and they finished in 1998. I don't think the town hockey is anywhere what it was back in the day thus, nobody since.

Comment

Not sure, but I think Oswego has had about the same number of players who hailed from Oswego. Gebo and Pat O'neil (goalie, not listed on that all-rime roster) were the last two and they finished in 1998. I don't think the town hockey is anywhere what it was back in the day thus, nobody since.
                                Oswego has had a bunch of local kids through the years. I think the last might have been Matt Vashaw during the George Roll era, and there really hasn't been a local kid talented enough since then-no matter what their parents say.
                                2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                                2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                                2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                                2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                                2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Working...
                                X