X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Plattsburgh State Hockey 2012-13 - Season 24

Originally posted by CardFan View Post
    Hate to say it!!!! I will laugh if your wrong. Just sayn! Seems to me with as many talented guys as we have this year that some will defect to the "dark side" or other. This is just setting up for a wild next few years! I love it!
    agree it will be a wild few yrs and it will all start up again whiteout weekend coming up fasssst.....,noticed very few tiks are available

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
      agree it will be a wild few yrs and it will all start up again whiteout weekend coming up fasssst.....,noticed very few tiks are available
      Went to Wego last year for the SUNYAC final and had a really great time in that town. Despite our differences...LOL...had a great time with the fans from the "dark side". They are a bunch of great people and would love to go again. Sadly going to miss this one, but will certainly watch the game on their web site. Always a great production and almost like you are there.

Comment

Originally posted by CardFan View Post
        Hate to say it!!!! I will laugh if your wrong. Just sayn! Seems to me with as many talented guys as we have this year that some will defect to the "dark side" or other. This is just setting up for a wild next few years! I love it!
        Nobody has EVER defected to the darkside !! However, Dave Rattray came to Plattsburgh from Oswego in 1980 and Dave Fentress did the same in 1987. John Rice, who was from Oswego and who's father was connected with the Laker .
        team, was recruited by Herb Hammond (who came to P'burg via Oswego) and played 4 years for the Cardinals
        The only possible defector was a defenseman named John Vashaw who played a handful of games for the Cards as a freshman, transferred to Geneseo for 2 years and then to Oswego for his senior year!!

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
          Nobody has EVER defected to the darkside !! However, Dave Rattray came to Plattsburgh from Oswego in 1980 and Dave Fentress did the same in 1987. John Rice, who was from Oswego and who's father was connected with the Laker .
          team, was recruited by Herb Hammond (who came to P'burg via Oswego) and played 4 years for the Cardinals
          The only possible defector was a defenseman named John Vashaw who played a handful of games for the Cards as a freshman, transferred to Geneseo for 2 years and then to Oswego for his senior year!!
          You sure know lots of great history! Thank you for the lesson! Sure is all very compelling! Looking forward to the rivalry for years to come with this new and strong Cardinal crew.

Comment

Someone has to recap the game? That score is shocking!!
            2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
            2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
            2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
            2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
              A real dud, that's what it was. Poor d-zone coverage on game winner with a minute left. No jump tonight, looked like we had "bus legs". Could be a tad over-confident as well. Genny played pretty well though, even when backup goalie came in early in 2nd period. He left some rebounds, but we were not there to clean 'em up. Very mediocre effot all around. Makes tomorrow's game vs. Brockport a big one.
              Hopefully, it was just an early season hiccup and a learning tool for all those freshman. They'll be some lineup changes tomorrow for sure. I predict a nice bounceback game.

Comment

Really? 3-2 is shocking?
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

• Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                  Genny beating Platty 3-2 is far from shocking. An upset? Yeah, but not shocking. Using that term is selling Genny far too short..
                  Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
                  2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

I would say considering Geneseo's line up - they were missing 2 of top 3 forwards and goalie got injured in the 2nd - they had to play a near perfect game to win it. Fortunately for Genny fans that is what happened. So I agree with what most people are saying... Upset? Yes. A huge one? Not really. Should be a pretty good game the second go around in February and a possible 2 v. 3 match up in the playoffs... Still a long ways to go.
                    Geneseo Ice Knights Color Commentator 2008 - 2009

Listen to GSU Hockey

Comment

Geneseo beating Plattsburgh in Geneseo isn't shocking. What would shock me would be if they win in Plattsburgh later this season. Holy moly it feels like forever since they've won there.
                      #OneKnight

Comment

http://pressrepublican.com/0300_spor...rds-first-loss

Comment

Gotta love the "will not skill" comment! Gotta think thats what its going to be this year, a struggle to find the will! Young team!

Comment

Surprising, Plattsburgh let Genny out shoot them 36-25. I would have expected more offense from the Birds.
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                              Really? 3-2 is shocking?
                              I have seen Genny twice this year, and they looked like a 500 team in the SUNYAC. Must be I saw their two bad games this year?
                              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Geneseo took advantage of the penalties on Plattsburgh early in the game. The first penalty was a major swing. Plattsburgh was buzzing and was called for goalie interference when the Plattsburgh forward was checked into the goalie. The puck went sliding in before the players, but it was called a Plattsburgh penalty not a Plattsburgh goal. Geneseo is a team built off of emotion, not so much skill. Big bruisers who simply work hard. If you get up on Genny early, Im not sure they have the talent to come from behind, but their work ethic and emotion can keep them in the game if you let them.

Shots on goal....Geneseo is one of those places where SOG are not really accurate....having said that, it was not a very offensive game by Plattsburgh. Geneseo kept Plattsburgh to the outside, and while Plattsburgh probably held the territorial advantage, Geneseo blocked A LOT of shots.

Several times Plattsburgh was unable to just simply clear the puck out of their zone. We are talking 2-3 seconds of open ice and still couldnt manage to get it over the blue line. Defense not playing hard to the puck, falling down, making blind passes, leaving players open in front of the net (the game winner was just 1 of many). A lot of deffensive assignments missed last night both from the D and forwards.

Chewy was not on his "A" game last night. Several big rebounds. Just not Chewy like. That Geneseo ice is a lot like Cortland, rough and choppy. Passes that you see Plattsburgh make every game just had that one bounce over the stick. I know I know, it didn't affect Geneseo, but Geneseo thrives on grit. Their man play is get it over the line, let the defensemen pin the attacking player, and the trailer picks up the puck and heads to the net. Not a lot of tic-tak-toe plays from Genny.

I can see how Oswego beat them 10-1, but I can also see how they can be a tough team as well. The only way to beat a team that plays on emotion is take it away early.

Like Emery said, Plattsburgh didn't deserve to win that game. That's probably why with :58 seconds left Emery just rolled the lines and never called a time out.
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X