Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Top 27 best movies - ever

Varsity Blues.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

In all seriousness, I would say "Remember the Titans" for movie, and the "Junction Boys" made for TV movie. If you enjoy sport books, Junction Boys is a must read!

I do love the Waterboy though, started laughing when I wrote it!
      Last edited by 97osu; 03-27-2014, 08:54 AM.
      2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
      2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
      2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
      2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

I'd put The Program up there as a possibility for best football movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
          I'd put The Program up there as a possibility for best football movie.
          The Program was an AWESOME movie.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Not the best football movie but certainly a great football game within a movie-MASH. "Your effing head is coming right off!"
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              Not the best football movie but certainly a great football game within a movie-MASH. "Your effing head is coming right off!"

"He called me a coon."

"Don't let him get to you. Talk to him about his sister."

or injecting the other team's ringer during a pileup on the field.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                "He called me a coon."

Fish: Some movies are certainly deserving of the top 27. But some are even mor special-they are the ones that i will try to watch every time they are shown-the ones i bought on VHS tape(or Beta before that), rebought on Laserdisc and then again on DVD and if possible on Blu Ray. They may not be considered top 27 by others but those are the ones that I consider my top 10. MASH is one of them for certain-maybe because of medical background, or my military service time, or maybe just because it is one funny and poingant movie that just takes me out of whatever current funk I am in at the time. Being older than most who post here, some of my favorites go back a long way-and often i do not understand the following that develops for some of the more recent movies-but this one is just timeless.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

M*A*S*H is a top 15 or so for me without question, and this from someone that watched the show first.

Comment

Get your rocks ready to throw.....

I have zero interest in MASH the movie and MASH the show. I might have less than zero interest.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Get your rocks ready to throw.....

I have zero interest in MASH the movie and MASH the show. I might have less than zero interest.
                      I have to agree. I find some parts funny but, with the show especially, it got a bit pompous.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        I have to agree. I find some parts funny but, with the show especially, it got a bit pompous.
                        Stop watching once bj gets the stache. You'll avoid the majority off the pompousness.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Stop watching once bj gets the stache. You'll avoid the majority off the pompousness.
                          It wasn't the same once Frank, Henry and Trapper were gone never mind Radar. Col. Flagg might be the greatest bit character in the history of sitcoms.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            "He called me a coon."

"Hot lips, you blithering idiot, that's the end of the half."

"Is he an officer or enlisted?" "Enlisted? Make the stitches bigger."

The whole "pros from Dover" scenario hit home for me since Dr. Pio and one of his surgeon buddies did essentially the same thing once. They blew into a small Catholic hospital's ER carrying a child with a bad laceration on her hand. They were wearing ugly Bermuda shorts and knee socks, giving orders and preparing to suture the wound. Although I doubt there were any references to the nuns' t*ts.
                            Last edited by Old Pio; 03-28-2014, 06:48 PM.
                            2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              It wasn't the same once Frank, Henry and Trapper were gone never mind Radar. Col. Flagg might be the greatest bit character in the history of sitcoms.
                              Agree about Flagg. Also Maj. Sidney Freedman:
                              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.
                              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

I watched Joe Dirt earlier, which has to be the best movie at SOMETHING.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X