X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NCHC: Just be glad its NaCHo League

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
    What's funny (and really so so many things are hilarious) is that the BHHC teams with 10 non-conference games are going to likely be forced into making many more east coast roadtrips than most of those teams have in the past.
    As long as we don't have to go to Alaska.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
      Holy misinterpretation Batman!

Of course I missed the memo because I haven't been paying attention to the NCHC. I wasn't taking a shot at the scheduling but saying I agreed that playing all teams every year didn't make sense. Key phrases like "doesn't leave room," and "Good decision," should have made this obvious.
      Sorry Robin,

It was a joke going back to when the NCHC got ripped for putting out a press release about the schools that would be in the conference.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        As long as we don't have to go to Alaska.
        Going to Alaska ... GFK to MSP to ANC or FBX --- 9.5hrs to 12.5hrs
        Going to Orono ... GFK to MSP to (PHL or DTW or LGA) to Bangor then bus to Orono --- 7.5hrs to 12hrs

Yeah ... big huge difference there in travel times. Of course, what you'll retort with is how awful a place Alaska is compared to a fine destination like Orono or Schenectady or Rochester or New Jersey or Ithaca or Durham etc etc etc ...

This is the hilarious stuff. So anyway, say something else to make me laugh.

Comment

Going to Orono ... GFK to MSP to (PHL or DTW or LGA) to Bangor then bus to Orono --- 7.5hrs to 12hrs

Yeah ... big huge difference there in travel times. Of course, what you'll retort with is how awful a place Alaska is compared to a fine destination like Orono or Schenectady or Rochester or New Jersey or Ithaca or Durham etc etc etc ...
          No, you just won't be in the threads.
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            No, you just won't be in the threads.
            Exactly!!! They'll have you!!! And all your astute hockey analysis!!!

You're seeing why I'm laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Sorry Robin,

It was a joke going back to when the NCHC got ripped for putting out a press release about the schools that would be in the conference.
              Ah, looks like it went over my head. Maybe the NCHC could schedule prime time on ESPN for any future announcements for me.

Hopefully the details of the UMN/UND future schedule will be worked out soon. I don't think anyone really wants these 2 teams to only meet in the post-season. Especially Virg Foss who seems to be in a full lather.
              Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
              Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                Ah, looks like it went over my head. Maybe the NCHC could schedule prime time on ESPN for any future announcements for me.

Hopefully the details of the UMN/UND future schedule will be worked out soon. I don't think anyone really wants these 2 teams to only meet in the post-season. Especially Virg Foss who seems to be in a full lather.
                Yeah, he was definitely one of the biggest proponents of keeping it going. Personally, I'd like to see a tournament with Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and a 4th team. Obviously, that isn't going to happen with the Minnesota Classic and Mariucci Classic, but I thought it was a good way to keep the rivalries together without having it eat up a ton of games.
                North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Yeah, he was definitely one of the biggest proponents of keeping it going. Personally, I'd like to see a tournament with Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and a 4th team. Obviously, that isn't going to happen with the Minnesota Classic and Mariucci Classic, but I thought it was a good way to keep the rivalries together without having it eat up a ton of games.
                  Holy Cross one year, Yale the alternating year?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                    Holy Cross one year, Yale the alternating year?
                    Yeah, but then we'd never get a Minnesota-North Dakota Championship.
                    North Dakota

Comment

This is the hilarious stuff. So anyway, say something else to make me laugh.
                      So, similar travel time, less of a hit on the Pairwise. Sounds like a good deal to me.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        So, similar travel time, less of a hit on the Pairwise. Sounds like a good deal to me.
                        Except hits on the pairwise from beating a much lower ranked team don't happen. They exclude those. Of course if you lose to that lowly ranked team that's another story. Do I have to mention the $500,000 in potential revenue from the extra home games again as well?

Concern about pairwise hits must have been why UND took every invitation to any tournament in Alaska to play non-conference games over the last decade huh? Or why they scheduled Holy Cross this season?

I'm still laughing.

Comment

I'm still laughing.
                          Must be easy when your team is that big of a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                            Must be easy when your team is that big of a joke.
                            Even easier when fans of good teams drown themselves in denial and delusion in order to rationalize the stupidity that the program they so deeply worship foisted upon the college hockey landscape. Learn about irony and you'll see.

And also when your only reply is ... "your team sucks" ... that's hilarious too.
                            Last edited by uaafanblog; 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Even easier when fans of good teams drown themselves in denial and delusion in order to rationalize the stupidity that the program they so deeply worship foisted upon the college hockey landscape. Learn about irony and you'll see.

And also when your only reply is ... "your team sucks" ... that's hilarious too.
                              Indeed voting to allow UAA into the WCHA was a very poor decision.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Notice how the only people saying how dumb the NCHC schools are for leaving the WCHA, are fans of the schools that got left behind.
                                Originally posted by SJHovey
                                Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                                Originally posted by Brenthoven
                                We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
                                X