This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
    Seeing Gwoz get fired. And. watching Notre Dame accepting the Hockey East invitation.
    Shouldn't you be baking cookies for the bake sale your program has to hold to buy uniforms next year?
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Re: The NCHC: Just be glad its NaCHo League

Miami is getting Czarnik, Barber, and Coleman back. Barber just confirmed this morning.

Miami basically has all of the pieces that resulted in them being ranked #1 pre-season and helped them finish off the year with a 4-1 run. It'll be interesting to see what the pre-season polls do with them next year.

North Dakota, the Yankees of the NCHC, will surely be in the mix regardless of any early departures they suffer.

St. Cloud loses two outstanding seniors and one solid senior, but otherwise returns a big junior class followed by a big, super-talented sophomore class.

Denver suffered the most from early departures last season and face the threat of early departures again. However, if they lose just the two impact seniors to graduation, they're poised to be a solid team.

Nebraska-Omaha loses a LOT of scoring and depth through graduation and early departures. However, you can't ever count out a Blaise coached team!

Duluth loses their top scorer and their primary goalie. Their heir apparent goalie isn't a step down, but may not be a step up. Other than losing Herbert, they won't lose much else, but the question will be how much can they improve?

CC doesn't look like it'll contend next season based on what they have returning. They're hurting big time at the goaltending position.

Western Michigan has a couple of goaltenders who have the potential to steal some games. They also lose a lot up front.

This was supposed to just be a post about Barber coming back, but it made me think about next season so I decided to record my thoughts.
      scsuhockey.com
      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
        Miami is getting Czarnik, Barber, and Coleman back. Barber just confirmed this morning.

Miami basically has all of the pieces that resulted in them being ranked #1 pre-season and helped them finish off the year with a 4-1 run. It'll be interesting to see what the pre-season polls do with them next year.

North Dakota, the Yankees of the NCHC, will surely be in the mix regardless of any early departures they suffer.

St. Cloud loses two outstanding seniors and one solid senior, but otherwise returns a big junior class followed by a big, super-talented sophomore class.

Denver suffered the most from early departures last season and face the threat of early departures again. However, if they lose just the two impact seniors to graduation, they're poised to be a solid team.

Nebraska-Omaha loses a LOT of scoring and depth through graduation and early departures. However, you can't ever count out a Blaise coached team!

Duluth loses their top scorer and their primary goalie. Their heir apparent goalie isn't a step down, but may not be a step up. Other than losing Herbert, they won't lose much else, but the question will be how much can they improve?

CC doesn't look like it'll contend next season based on what they have returning. They're hurting big time at the goaltending position.

Western Michigan has a couple of goaltenders who have the potential to steal some games. They also lose a lot up front.

This was supposed to just be a post about Barber coming back, but it made me think about next season so I decided to record my thoughts.
        Miami will be better for certain than this year, assuming they get solid goaltending. I think the Penrose will come down to North Dakota and St. Cloud once again, with North Dakota having a slight edge. IMO, both of those teams will be better than everyone else in the conference, with Miami being a distant third. Denver could make some noise, but they have big questions in net. Blais always does better than expected in Omaha. Duluth and Western are wildcards. I could see either finishing 7th and I could see either finishing 3rd. I agree that CC is probably 8th next season...but the Tigers were playing better by the end of the season as well.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Not that I expect anybody here will care what I've got to say, but
          The entire NCHC can take a long walk off a short pier.
          Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
            I'll buy you a beer if you convince your AD to add pinstriped thirds to the repertoire.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
              I'll buy you a beer if you convince your AD to add pinstriped thirds to the repertoire.

r
              St. Cloud State in pinstripes? Yuck.

On second thought...any college hockey jersey with pinstripes would be disastrous...
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                St. Cloud State in pinstripes? Yuck.
                Yuck is right. Yankee pinstripes AND the Montreal logo...together. Sacrilege.
                Du hockey comme dans le temps!

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddie View Post
                  Not that I expect anybody here will care what I've got to say, but
                  The entire NCHC can take a long walk off a short pier.
                  So our league is gonna get wet and then have to swim back to shore? Please no!!!!
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    So our league is gonna get wet and then have to swim back to shore? Please no!!!!
                    If that happens I hope SCSU is like Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

UNO has what is easily the best recruiting class coming in (sans a much needed goalie) in the history of the program. By a ton. I'm going to be interested in seeing where it gets ranked, nationally. I have already seen some media pundits say it's the best incoming class in the NCHC, already.

It's "Blais", by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Shouldn't you be baking cookies for the bake sale your program has to hold to buy uniforms next year?
                        We did that last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                          We did that last season.
                          It went well with the car wash.
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                            It went well with the car wash.
                            We had the car wash in front of the Wooden Nickel. The bikers came through and helped with Wildcat Willy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              If that happens I hope SCSU is like Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation.
                              Yikes!
                              http://www.philadelphiarams.com/wp-c...e-admirals.jpg
                              SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                              UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                              Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                              Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                              UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                              UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Cloud is losing 3 pretty vital seniors
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X