X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1-#59

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
    I'm most interested in where UND ends up, don't really care any more about the Gophers than I do about anyone else. The list is always interesting.
    I don't much care where any of us end up--just the freckled kid in the back making arm farts.

That said, the work FS23 (and others who take an oar) does here is very cool.

Comment

#49 –ALASKA NANOOKS

Points earned in 2015-2016: .0037 Points
      Points earned in past five seasons: 0.98122 Points

Last Season Ranking: #49

The Nanooks had an off year, finishing below .500 at 10-22-4. It was their first losing season in four years, and included losses at the Kendall Classic and a nice rebound in winning the Brice Alaska Goal Rush. The future of the program is in jeopardy due to budget cuts proposed by the State of Alaska. Hopefully the state will continue to support the university system as it is now.
      Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        I don't know his formula, but when I did this different conferences had different weights. Winning the AHC just isn't the same as winning Hockey East or the NCHC.
        My opinion is conference regular season titles should count the same for all conferences since that is really who you are competing against every year. Besides, some conferences are more balanced than others. For example, you can probably pick 1 out of 4 teams to win HE year in/year out while the ECAC may have more parity.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four participant
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
          My opinion is conference regular season titles should count the same for all conferences since that is really who you are competing against every year. Besides, some conferences are more balanced than others. For example, you can probably pick 1 out of 4 teams to win HE year in/year out while the ECAC may have more parity.
          You don't need to be as good to win the Atlantic Hockey title as you do to win the Hockey East title so why would the titles count the same?
          I went home with a waitress the way I always do
          How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
            You don't need to be as good to win the Atlantic Hockey title as you do to win the Hockey East title so why would the titles count the same?
            same reason RI and CA have the same number of Senators.
            BS UMass Lowell 2015
            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
              Not following how that's relevant
              I went home with a waitress the way I always do
              How was I to know she was with the russians, too?

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                teams compete for the same conference titles every year...good one.
                but three years of such conference stability--quite a run, who knew?
                Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  NCAA bids are senators - all worth the same.
                  Conference championships are the House of Representatives - weighted by size/value

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    NCAA bids are senators - all worth the same.
                    Conference championships are the House of Representatives - weighted by size/value
                    And my Representative is a Saint, while the rest of them are bahstahds.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Wishful thinking? Weird obsession too coming from a team with so many titles.
                      I'm assuming that you quoted the wrong person.
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                        #49 –ALASKA NANOOKS

Points earned in 2015-2016: .0037 Points
                        Points earned in past five seasons: 0.98122 Points

Last Season Ranking: #49

The Nanooks had an off year, finishing below .500 at 10-22-4. It was their first losing season in four years, and included losses at the Kendall Classic and a nice rebound in winning the Brice Alaska Goal Rush. The future of the program is in jeopardy due to budget cuts proposed by the State of Alaska. Hopefully the state will continue to support the university system as it is now.
                        It's all Sarah Palin's fault...
                        Originally posted by alfablue
                        Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                        Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                        I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                          I'm assuming that you quoted the wrong person.
                          That I did.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                            It's all Sarah Palin's fault...
                            Naw, Palin would have kept athletics and cut all the science departments. Who needs facts?
                            sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                              Naw, Palin would have kept athletics and cut all the science departments. Who needs facts?
                              Which would be a tragedy. I was an idiot in science, but labs were the best place to meet coeds. You get to interact with them in a social context while getting a chance to see if they had a brain.

Story: In my first or second class of anatomy lab one of my table mates was a young, shy girl from a farm or small town Dakota. We got the cadavers after the med students had them for a semester. so they had been worked over pretty good and the organs removed. She was standing there holding a little piece of leathery skin talking about something, and the TA took some pleasure in telling her that she was holding the poor departed's *****. She was so mortified I wasn't sure she would make it through the class.

I just assumed our stiff must have been a gopher fan who died homeless in East Grand, so nobody could have known that was actually a *****.

Comment

If UW does start righting the ship soon, UW will be out of the top ten.
                                UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Working...
                                X