This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Alright, the data has been double checked. Let the unveiling begin...(SFIS, please check your email)

#60 - Arizona State Sun Devils
    Points earned in 2015-2016: 0.0114 Points
    Points earned in past five seasons: 0.0114 Points
    Last Season Ranking: #60

Arizona State's inaugural campaign went about as expected, struggling mightily against Division 1 competition. However, the Sun Devils were able to pick up a couple of wins against LSSU, and managed a victory over Alaska in the program's second D-1 game. With ASU's resources and impending announcement of what conference they will join, the future looks bright for Arizona State.
    Every team gets some points (or a fraction of a point)!

Comment

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1-#59

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Every team gets some points (or a fraction of a point)!
      They played a pretty decent schedule (6 games against NCAA Tournament teams, 7 games against former NCAA Champions (2 wins against former champions)), and it is impossible to go negative (overall) in my formula. Gotta start somewhere!
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Alright, the data has been double checked. Let the unveiling begin...(SFIS, please check your email)

#60 - Arizona State Sun Devils
        Points earned in 2015-2016: 0.0114 Points
        Points earned in past five seasons: 0.0114 Points
        Last Season Ranking: #60

Arizona State's inaugural campaign went about as expected, struggling mightily against Division 1 competition. However, the Sun Devils were able to pick up a couple of wins against LSSU, and managed a victory over Alaska in the program's second D-1 game. With ASU's resources and impending announcement of what conference they will join, the future looks bright for Arizona State.
        Woohoo!! Not last!

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

• Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
          Woohoo!! Not last!
          I purposely did not mention that, as there is an outside chance that we might leapfrog AIC with the sweep of NU this season. :-)

Comment

I purposely did not mention that, as there is an outside chance that we might leapfrog AIC with the sweep of NU this season. :-)
            I think our days at the bottom of the basement in these rankings are very limited. With the recruiting classes coming in, the impending rink and the results on the ice the last few years... Bentley is so close to getting over the hump and leaving the days of "59th out of 59" long behind them

@BentleyTopShelf

Comment

• Originally posted by The Top Shelf View Post
              I think our days at the bottom of the basement in these rankings are very limited. With the recruiting classes coming in, the impending rink and the results on the ice the last few years... Bentley is so close to getting over the hump and leaving the days of "59th out of 59" long behind them
              Will be baby steps, as many of the teams that we need to leapfrog have been around a lot longer, so unless we win some AHC regular season titles and get to Rochester on a consistent basis, moving up will be a very slow process in FS's ranking algorithm.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Maybe you should ask your parents for permission!
                'Cause they're the only ones old enough to still be using aol.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Nah. He's a prodigy.
                I'm glad there's one person on here who knows what he's talking about!

Alright, the data has been double checked. Let the unveiling begin...(SFIS, please check your carrier pigeon)
                fyp

Add me to the camp of people who believe Bentley will be leaving the land of "59 of 59." Next year they'll be "60 of 60."
                bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                  'Cause they're the only ones old enough to still be using aol.

I'm glad there's one person on here who knows what he's talking about!

fyp

Add me to the camp of people who believe Bentley will be leaving the land of "59 of 59." Next year they'll be "60 of 60."
                  Naw, I am thinking 58 of 60 next year, if not this year. After all, we did beat Maine a few years ago.

Comment

#59 - Bentley Falcons

Points earned in 2015-2016: 0.0000 Points
                    Points earned in past five seasons: 0.03166 Points
                    Last Season Ranking: #59

Bentley took a bit of a step backward this season, finishing 14-20-6 after winning seasons the prior two years. The bright spots this season were wins against Northeastern and a first round playoff series win over Sacred Heart. The Falcons lose 7 seniors but look to have a strong recruiting class coming in. After many years of talk of a new rink, it looks like the talk will turn to reality fairly soon. Return to the success of the ’13-’14 and ’14-’15 seasons will move the Falcons up in the rankings.
                    Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                      #59 - Bentley Falcons

Points earned in 2015-2016: 0.0000 Points
                      Points earned in past five seasons: 0.03166 Points
                      Last Season Ranking: #59

Bentley took a bit of a step backward this season, finishing 14-20-6 after winning seasons the prior two years. The bright spots this season were wins against Northeastern and a first round playoff series win over Sacred Heart. The Falcons lose 7 seniors but look to have a strong recruiting class coming in. After many years of talk of a new rink, it looks like the talk will turn to reality fairly soon. Return to the success of the ’13-’14 and ’14-’15 seasons will move the Falcons up in the rankings.
                      Arghhh! No fractions of points for sweeping the best HEA second half team NU?

Comment

Arghhh! No fractions of points for sweeping the best HEA second half team NU?
                        Technically, the Falcons were +0.0000 in the rankings. When we post the points earned it only goes to the ten-thousandths place value. The formula actually goes to the billionths place value. In other words, Bentley earned a very small fraction of a point, but it wasn't enough to show up at the ten-thousandths place value.

I do see Bentley as a program on the rise. My guess is they make a trip to the NCAAs in the next few seasons, and jump up a bit in these rankings.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Technically, the Falcons were +0.0000 in the rankings. When we post the points earned it only goes to the ten-thousandths place value. The formula actually goes to the billionths place value.
                          Are you sure that's precise enough?

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            Are you sure that's precise enough?
                            You're right...maybe I should go to the hundred-billionths place value.
                            North Dakota

Comment

You're right...maybe I should go to the hundred-billionths place value.
                              I mean, NASA/JPL only uses pi to 15 decimal places.

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                No wonder stuff goes wrong sometimes...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X