• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1-#59

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    This is correct. I live in Colorado
    I know why you moved there...
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

The weird thing about Bentley is that they're actually one of the better teams in Atlantic Hockey. But since they can't seem to win in the postseason (or, apparently, notch quality wins during the regular season), they are in the basement of these rankings.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
        I know why you moved there...

I actually moved here for two reasons: (1) my wife is from here and has family here, and (2) I came here for grad school.

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        The weird thing about Bentley is that they're actually one of the better teams in Atlantic Hockey. But since they can't seem to win in the postseason (or, apparently, notch quality wins during the regular season), they are in the basement of these rankings.

Powers &8^]
        They certainly have been playing better over the last few years. My guess is if they keep that up they'll add some conference hardware and a trip to the NCAA Tournament to their resume. If they do that, they'll move up the list.

58 is up next...
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Bentley Falcons!
          danm spoilers!
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

#58 - American International Yellow Jackets
            Overall Points: 0.0691
            Difference from last season: + 0.0317 (#48)
            Points over past 5 years: +0.063 (#56)

Outlook

Despite back to back 25 loss seasons (and 117 in the past 5), the Yellow Jackets improved their lot in these rankings over the past 5 years thanks to a couple of new champions in Yale and Providence. However, AIC will need to turn their program around significantly if they wish to continue to add points to their totals. If the Yellow Jackets continue on their current trend, they will likely find their way back to the cellar of these rankings.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              If the Yellow Jackets continue on their current trend, they will likely find their way back to the cellar of these rankings.
              If you can't be first, go for last! Then sort backwards...

Comment

seems like this should be a whole new thread? or we'll just keep this one going for ages and ages and ages. As it is, poor yellow jackets. at least Bentley seems to be going in a decent direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishstate View Post
                  seems like this should be a whole new thread? or we'll just keep this one going for ages and ages and ages. As it is, poor yellow jackets. at least Bentley seems to be going in a decent direction.
                  Not what the numbers indicate, from which the Yellow Jackets outperformed the Falcons both last year and over the past five years for any metrics that count in FS23's analysis.

Comment

Not what the numbers indicate, from which the Yellow Jackets outperformed the Falcons both last year and over the past five years for any metrics that count in FS23's analysis.
                    Strange, since Bentley has had a better record every single one of those years. I assume there are some older wins-against-national-champions that are pulling the AIC numbers up.

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                      Strange, since Bentley has had a better record every single one of those years. I assume there are some older wins-against-national-champions that are pulling the AIC numbers up.

Powers &8^]
                      This is exactly what is going on. AICs long history benefitted them tremendously when Yale and PC won titles.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Hey, Bentley beat Maine a few years ago! :-)

Comment

And Maine beat the U of No Hardware a few years before that. What's your point?
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                            And Maine beat the U of No Hardware a few years before that. What's your point?
                            Maine has hardware, like Yale and Union now have hardware; apparently AIC beat both of these teams at some point, which apparently counts for something in FS23's algorithms. Bentley has never played UNH, so what is your point?

Comment

#57 - Sacred Heart Pioneers
                              Overall Points: 0.1600
                              Difference from last season: - 0.0064 (#53)
                              Points over past 5 years: - 0.0103 (#59)

Outlook

One of just two teams to have actually lost points over the last 5 years (thanks to a 39-126-19 record), the Pioneers did manage their best record in the past half decade this past season, but it still was not enough to gain points in these rankings. Sacred Heart returns the bulk of their top producers from a season ago, so the Pioneers will look to add more tallies to the win column next season. If they do that, they should reverse the current trend. However, unless it is coupled with conference hardware and/or a trip to the NCAA Tournament, Sacred Heart will likely continue to dwell in the bottom 5 of these rankings.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Hey, Bentley beat Maine a few years ago! :-)
                                Uh, they own a 6-4 win against us--in Omaha--on 10-11-13 (which the UNO press guide erroneously says was played on 10-11-14).

A game where I unfortunately had to sit in my seat and endure it. Bentley scored twice on the PP in this game (well, one being an extra attacker goal on a delayed penalty) and had 2 (TWO!) shorties to go with it (and an empty-netter).

It was UNO's first season opening loss in 7 seasons.

Honestly, this was one of the more shocking losses by UNO I have ever witnessed. Not exactly Massa's finest hour, this one. The only good thing that probably came out of this game is that it featured the first collegiate goal by Austin Ortega, he who now owns the all time NCAA record for game winning goals in a single season.

Comment

Working...
                                X