X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1-#59

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    From a historical perspective, why should UNO be ahead of Ohio State?
    They shouldn't.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      If you go WAAAAAY back UMD was ridiculously dominate playing small schools before the WCHA finally let them in. I was a small kid and don't even know if they called it DIII or what, but they really beat up on all the small schools they played, often by 20 or more goals.
      They played in the MIAC so it probably was DIII.
      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

From a historical perspective, why should UNO be ahead of Ohio State?
        I got curious and looked up OSU history.

1. Didn't know they made a Frozen Four (1998)
        2. Glen Sonmor was their coach for one season in 1965-66
        3. They put together a few good years in the mid-2000's where they made 3 straight NCAA tournaments.

Other than that....a lot of nothing.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          I got curious and looked up OSU history.

1. Didn't know they made a Frozen Four (1998)
          2. Glen Sonmor was their coach for one season in 1965-66
          3. They put together a few good years in the mid-2000's where they made 3 straight NCAA tournaments.

Other than that....a lot of nothing.
          The 1998 team beat arguably the best team to ever miss the Frozen Four in the 1997-1998 Michigan State squad.

As a program, they've been around for awhile. They've racked up quite a few wins, and have a few conference titles. Of course, as you pointed out, they don't have a whole lot of accomplishments to fall back on, and that is largely why they are ranked where they are. What position will that be? Well...stay tuned to find out.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

#60 - Arizona State Sun Devils
            Overall Points: 0.0000
            Difference from last season: 0.0000 (#50)
            Points over past 5 years: 0.0000 (#58)

Outlook

The Sun Devils will embark on their opening season in Division 1 play in 2015-2016. While anything is possible for ASU, realistically little should be expected from their first run through the top ranks of collegiate hockey. Look for Arizona State to lurk at the bottom of these rankings for at least another season.
            So, I'm thinking they're about to have an infinity percent increase soon.
            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
              So, I'm thinking they're about to have an infinity percent increase soon.
              Or decrease.

On a positive note, I have finished entering the data. At the moment, my plan is to unveil about 5 teams per week. At the very least, I want to have this done by the start of the season. Hopefully we get plenty of discussion about the programs as that what makes these threads fun.

Up next: #59...
              North Dakota

Comment

Good grief, why? It's offseason...get outside, people! But I guess it's still probabably cold in North Dakota. OK you get another week to do your lists, then we're cutting you off. Finish it up, do 10 a day, the suspense is not exactly palpable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                  ...the suspense is not exactly palpable.
                  I would argue that for anyone who adds a post in this thread urging him on, it is.
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                    Good grief, why? It's offseason...get outside, people! But I guess it's still probabably cold in North Dakota. OK you get another week to do your lists, then we're cutting you off. Finish it up, do 10 a day, the suspense is not exactly palpable.
                    I'm pretty sure that FS23 isn't in NoDak anymore.

GFM
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that FS23 isn't in NoDak anymore.

GFM
                      This is correct. I live in Colorado
                      North Dakota

Comment

Or decrease.

On a positive note, I have finished entering the data. At the moment, my plan is to unveil about 5 teams per week. At the very least, I want to have this done by the start of the season. Hopefully we get plenty of discussion about the programs as that what makes these threads fun. Up next: #59...

Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          I would argue that for anyone who adds a post in this thread urging him on, it is.
                          There is "suspense" and then there also is a "seen most of this already, let's just get to what's different from last time already" sort of mild impatience.....
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                            Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick Tock
                            Keep in mind the day and where I live.

In all seriousness, I don't have my computer with the formula at work, so I won't be updating during the weekday. That being said, I'll try to post tonight for those eagerly awaiting #59.
                            North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Keep in mind the day and where I live.

In all seriousness, I don't have my computer with the formula at work, so I won't be updating during the weekday. That being said, I'll try to post tonight for those eagerly awaiting #59.
                              Bentley Falcons!

Comment

#59 - Bentley Falcons
                                Overall Points: 0.0581
                                Difference from last season: + 0.0218 (#49)
                                Points over past 5 years: +0.0302 (#57)

Outlook

The Falcons notched back to back winning seasons for the first time since the program jumped to the Division 1 level. Bentley remains one of 7 teams to have yet to play in the NCAA Tournament, and the Falcons will likely need to make a trip there (and perhaps do some damages) if they have aspirations of moving up on this list. Until they make such a move, look for Bentley to remain towards the bottom of this list.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X