This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1-#59

Tell us again how UNO should be ranked above tOSU.
    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

#56 - Penn State Nittany Lions
      Overall Points: 0.1918
      Difference from last season: + 0.1329 (#41)
      Points over past 5 years: + 0.1918 (#55)

Outlook

Penn State has made quite the impressive start to their program history, jumping out of the cellar and up the #56 in just three seasons. Playing in the Big Ten should prove beneficial to the Nittany Lions in these rankings as they will consistently face strong opposition (at least from a historical point of view). PSU took advantage of a relatively weak conference this season in piling up 18 victories, and those in Happy Valley will only look for greater things from this program. My guess is the Nittany Lions will be out of the bottom-5 in the near future.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
        Tell us again how UNO should be ranked above tOSU.
        They should not, as I already previously stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          This is correct. I live in Colorado
          Denver or Colorado Springs area, by any chance?

Mrs. Red Cows lived near Colorado Springs (pre-me in her life) and lost her home in the Hayman fire in 2002. She worked in Denver and commuted. The house she lived in prior to the one she lost in the Hayman fire burned in the Black Forest fire in 2013.

I make very sure our smoke detectors are in good working order on a regular basis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            Denver or Colorado Springs area, by any chance?

Mrs. Red Cows lived near Colorado Springs (pre-me in her life) and lost her home in the Hayman fire in 2002. She worked in Denver and commuted. The house she lived in prior to the one she lost in the Hayman fire burned in the Black Forest fire in 2013.

I make very sure our smoke detectors are in good working order on a regular basis.
            Right between the two in Castle Rock. That was an intense summer in 2013. We had bags loaded up in the car ready to evacuate a few different times. Fortunately we avoided the fires.

As for the 2002 fire, my in-laws lost some property up in the mountains. Here's to hoping no such issues this summer.
            North Dakota

Comment

Right between the two in Castle Rock. That was an intense summer in 2013. We had bags loaded up in the car ready to evacuate a few different times. Fortunately we avoided the fires.

As for the 2002 fire, my in-laws lost some property up in the mountains. Here's to hoping no such issues this summer.
              Tragi-comic epitaph to my wife's story regarding the 2002 Hayman fire and a "correction" to what I said about it.

She and her then husband had "sold" this house the same week the fire occurred (prior to it, obviously--who buys a house with a fire bearing down on it?). My wife's first husband had taken a job in the Tampa. They had packed up ALL their belongings and it was all boxed, ready to go on the moving van, in their stand alone garage, which was not particularly close to the actual residence.

With the fire threatening them, their home, as well as their garage, they were evacuated. The Hotshot Fire Crews made a stand on their property, saved the house, and allowed the garage burn to the ground, not knowing that everything (important) they owned was in it.

So, my wife lost everything she owned (property-wise, obviously) of any value to her. Pictures, documents, you name it. Whatever you'd put in boxes, packed to move, she lost it all.

No great loss without some gain, as Laura Ingalls Wilder's mom used to say in the "Little House" books. The original buyers backed out of the purchase but one of their neighbors, who'd also lost their home to the fire, immediately thereafter, bought their home.
              Last edited by Red Cows; 04-26-2015, 09:41 PM.

Comment

#55 - Connecticut Huskies
                Overall Points: 0.4023
                Difference from last season: + 0.1295 (#42)
                Points over past 5 years: + 0.2102 (#54)

Outlook

Connecticut played well in their first season in Hockey East. The Huskies scored a win over Boston College, and drew with both National Finalists. While UConn struggled down the stretch, they have to be considered a program with the potential to make a rise in these rankings in the near future. With the return of the majority of their top scorers, top goalie, and defensemen, the Huskies will look to continue their positive trend. If Connecticut can manage to make a trip or two to the NCAA Tournament, then look for the Huskies to power out of the bottom 10 of these rankings.
                North Dakota

Comment

Any year now

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                    Any year now
                    Sorry. Been pretty busy at work. I did find out today that I passed the bar though...maybe I'll do a couple extra over the weekend in celebration.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Congratulations! Please don't become lowlife scum like so many of your "colleagues." :P
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        Sorry. Been pretty busy at work. I did find out today that I passed the bar though...maybe I'll do a couple extra over the weekend in celebration.
                        Congrats!!!!!!
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Congrats FS23 - now, can you help with my Pacquiao class action? Or my Tom Brady class action?
                          Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                          Clarkson 1990

Comment

Congrats!
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Congrats!
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of you passing the bar exam I hereby cast my new UND nickname vote for the "Fighting Sue".
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X