This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
    wise no just a(n) ***** and it depends on what rankings you follow, USCHO 20, USA Today 15, I saw someone do 10, only 16 matter in the pairwise.

Since it was Hockey East better take more teams and use the 20 from USCHO
    :-)

It must be the dog days of summer.

Comment

• Re: The Greatest Programs of All-Time: #1-#59

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      They play in Hockey East. Of course they played a lot of ranked teams.
      Yep, you play a lot of ranked teams in the major conferences. UND played 14 games last year during the regular season against teams that were ranked in the top 20, all against NCHC competition. They played another 6 games against ranked opponents in the NCHC and NCAA tournaments.
      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
        Yep, you play a lot of ranked teams in the major conferences. UND played 14 games last year during the regular season against teams that were ranked in the top 20, all against NCHC competition. They played another 6 games against ranked opponents in the NCHC and NCAA tournaments.
        ... and they beat lowly UAH only 1-0.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
          ... and they beat lowly UAH only 1-0.

GFM
          Hey, they lost to Wisconsin! Everyone has those days on occasion.
          sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            wise no just a(n) ***** and it depends on what rankings you follow, USCHO 20, USA Today 15, I saw someone do 10, only 16 matter in the pairwise.

Since it was Hockey East better take more teams and use the 20 from USCHO
            Right. 6 HE teams in the top 20 final USCHO rankings. How many are in the top 14? And in the tourney? No real need to go all the way to 20.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

#45 –ALASKA ANCHORAGE SEAWOLVES

Points earned in 2015-2016: .0878 Points
              Points earned in past five seasons: 1.08793 Points
              Last Season Ranking: #45

The Seawolves finished the season at 11-20-3, their second losing season in a row and third in the last four. They were next to last in the WCHA, only ahead of UAH. Like University of Alaska Fairbanks, the Seawolves are waiting to see how budget cuts will affect the future of the program. The good news is that some money has been put back in the budget.
              Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

#44 –AIR FORCE FALCONS

Points earned in 2015-2016: .1361 Points
                Points earned in past five seasons: 2.07097 Points
                Last Season Ranking: #44

Air Force had a strong season, going 20-12-5 and finished second in AHA with a 16-7-5 record. A couple of keys to the winning season was their 13-4-1 home record, and their great second-half run of 13-3-3. With only three seniors leaving the team this year, the Falcons are poised to move up in these rankings.

Comment

#43 –PRINCETON TIGERS

Points earned in 2015-2016: -.0110 Points
                  Points earned in past five seasons: 1.94529 Points
                  Last Season Ranking: #42

The Tigers suffered through their fifth straight losing season, going 5-23-5 and finishing last in the ECAC for the third consecutive season. With only nine wins in the last two seasons, they will need to improve quickly or continue to drop in these rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                    #43 –PRINCETON TIGERS

Points earned in 2015-2016: -.0110 Points
                    Points earned in past five seasons: 1.94529 Points
                    Last Season Ranking: #42

The Tigers suffered through their fifth straight losing season, going 5-23-5 and finishing last in the ECAC for the third consecutive season. With only nine wins in the last two seasons, they will need to improve quickly or continue to drop in these rankings.
                    Hmmm, five straight losing seasons but positive point generation over that same period? Was there some post season success in there that I forgot?
                    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                      Hmmm, five straight losing seasons but positive point generation over that same period? Was there some post season success in there that I forgot?
                      Guess is that Union and Yale winning the NCAA championship increased the quality of PU's schedule.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Guess is that Union and Yale winning the NCAA championship increased the quality of PU's schedule.
                        Doesn't it increase the value of Princeton's past wins against them?
                        bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                        SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                        All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                        A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                          Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                          Doesn't it increase the value of Princeton's past wins against them?
                          This is correct. The ECAC teams got a nice bump in the rankings in 2013 and 2014. Princeton earned about 1.5 points due to Yale winning the title, and about 0.25 points when Union won.

Of course, Hockey East teams got a bit of a bump last season when Providence won, and the same is true for the old WCHA when Minnesota Duluth won in 2011.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Greetings all. Family emergency. I hope to resume posting again in a couple days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                              Greetings all. Family emergency. I hope to resume posting again in a couple days.
                              Not to worry. Pretty sure family emergency trumps our summer boredom.
                              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

#42 – NIAGARA PURPLE EAGLES

Points earned in 2015-2016: -.2247 Points
                                Points earned in past five seasons: .64778 Points
                                Last Season Ranking: #41

The Purple Eagles had their third straight losing season in 2015-2016, finishing the year at 6-25-6 and dropped a spot in these rankings. Their last winning season was 2012-2013, when they made the national tournament. They return a young team and hopefully can return to a winning season.
                                Last edited by Siouxfaninseattle; 06-22-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X