Best Recruiting Class All-Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Recruiting Class All-Time

Any stats to go with these names, for those of us who are too lazy to look them up?

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Here are just a couple...

This was in the Top 25 Greatest Teams thread. I had never addressed you (didn't really even know who you were up until this point)...

Then of course this is from the Austin Smith thread where I posted a link to an article about how College Hockey Weekly had Austin Smith as their lead candidate for the Hobey...

If I had more time and cared more I could go find numerous other examples...

It really doesn't matter though, as this thread is actually a pretty good one for discussion. Well done.
      Look at the dates on those posts. That was long ago when I first started posting here. Since then, I've been trying my best to avoid you. Lately it has been you who is seeking me out.

Now, if you have a top recruiting class, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, please keep the drama out of this thread.

Comment

It really doesn't matter though, as this thread is actually a pretty good one for discussion. Well done.
        Guy just can't take a compliment...yeesh.

I would say that recently North Dakota's class of '09 (recruiting class of '05) was pretty good...
        D - Taylor Chorney (14-59-73)
        F - Ryan Duncan (85-87-172)
        D - Joe Finley (7-28-35)
        D - Zach Jones (1-10-11)
        F - Andrew Kozek (38-27-65)
        D - Brian Lee (6-47-53)
        F - Ryan Martens (14-27-41)
        F/D - Brad Miller (21-48-69)
        F - T.J. Oshie (59-83-142)
        F - Jonathan Toews (40-45-85)
        G - Aaron Walski (1-3-0, .842 sv%, 2.87 gaa)
        F - Matt Watkins (26-32-58)

Combined: 311g-493a-804p in a low-scoring era...not too shabby.
        Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 04-16-2012, 10:20 AM. Reason: added stats
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
          Any stats to go with these names, for those of us who are too lazy to look them up?
          Good thought. Here are the career stats for the 1976-77 Gopher class I chose as the best for the Gophers:

McClanahan 121gp, 45g, 63a, 108pts (1980 gold medalist)
          Christoff 117gp, 77g, 82a, 159pts (1980 gold medalist)
          Strobel 120gp, 52g, 54a, 106pts (1980 gold medalist)
          Tim Harrer 157gp, 117g, 84a, 201pts
          Micheletti 127gp, 64g, 84a, 148pts

Comment

Guy just can't take a compliment...yeesh.

I would say that recently North Dakota's class of '09 (recruiting class of '05) was pretty good...
            Taylor Chorney
            Ryan Duncan
            Joe Finley
            Zach Jones
            Andrew Kozek
            Brian Lee
            Ryan Martens
            Brad Miller
            T.J. Oshie
            Jonathan Toews
            Aaron Walski
            Matt Watkins
            Good one. Very deep class.

Comment

UVM recruiting class of 1994 (graduating class of 1997):
              --Martin St. Louis
              --Tim Thomas
              --Eric Perrin

Obviously, two of these guys are all-time NHL greats and winners of the Hart, Conn Smythe, and Vezina trophies, among others. The other spent some time in the NHL and was part of a Stanley Cup winning team. Overall, a pretty decent class. Possibly the best ever.....

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                UVM recruiting class of 1994 (graduating class of 1997):
                --Martin St. Louis
                --Tim Thomas
                --Eric Perrin

Obviously, two of these guys are all-time NHL greats and winners of the Hart, Conn Smythe, and Vezina trophies, among others. The other spent some time in the NHL and was part of a Stanley Cup winning team. Overall, a pretty decent class. Possibly the best ever.....
                Indeed. Great recruiting class.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                  Year after year, Michigan is typically said to have the top recruiting class no matter what. It has widely become a running joke in these circles.
                  No. There was one Michigan parent--whose kid hasn't played college hockey for like 5 years, so it was a long time ago--who used to talk up Michigan's recruiting, and about a dozen Gopher fans who got all offended, because how could any team recruit better players than David Fischer and Pat White? Those Gopher fans never seemed to grasp that the real joke was their lack of self-awareness.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

SCSU's Matt Cullen and Mark Parrish both started in 1995. They have a combined 1,758 NHL games. That's about all we've got.
                    scsuhockey.com
                    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Speaking of Michigan and Minnesota. Look at their projected combined recruiting class for 2013. There are going to be some awesome battles between these teams in the BTHC.

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                        SCSU's Matt Cullen and Mark Parrish both started in 1995. They have a combined 1,758 NHL games. That's about all we've got.
                        Not too shabby.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                          Not too shabby.
                          In that case...
                          scsuhockey.com
                          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                            No. There was one Michigan parent--whose kid hasn't played college hockey for like 5 years, so it was a long time ago--who used to talk up Michigan's recruiting, and about a dozen Gopher fans who got all offended, because how could any team recruit better players than David Fischer and Pat White? Those Gopher fans never seemed to grasp that the real joke was their lack of self-awareness.
                            Sure. No one from Minnesota got the joke at all. Only you.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I might as well be as biased as everyone else.

RPI 1982
                              John Carter
                              Mike Dark
                              Mark Jooris
                              Kraig Nienhuis
                              Adam Oates
                              George Servinis

All but Jooris (who played in the AHL) had at least a cup of coffee in the NHL.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post

did you guys first start wearing those ugly helmets when you rode the short bus?
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X