Coaching openings???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaching openings???

I scanned the first three pages of topics looking for coaching jobs that are open and didn't see one, so I'm starting this.

Saw the other day that Mike Hastings is the only finalist listed for the Mankato job. He has been a GM/Coach in the USHL, and is very well qualified to be a D1 Head Coach and even an Athletic Director at a small to medium size D1 hockey school and a big name hockey school with a few years as head hockey coach at the D1 level. His background and success as a USHL GM has been
    great experience for an AD job. He's a class act and Mankato should jump at the chance to sign him!!!

Re: Coaching openings???

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
    I scanned the first three pages of topics looking for coaching jobs that are open and didn't see one, so I'm starting this.

Saw the other day that Mike Hastings is the only finalist listed for the Mankato job. He has been a GM/Coach in the USHL, and is very well qualified to be a D1 Head Coach and even an Athletic Director at a small to medium size D1 hockey school and a big name hockey school with a few years as head hockey coach at the D1 level. His background and success as a USHL GM has been
    great experience for an AD job. He's a class act and Mankato should jump at the chance to sign him!!!
    Done deal as of yesterday.

http://www.msumavericks.com/news/201...413124148.aspx

What is it about his experience and skill set that would put him in line to be an AD. Note that there aren't too many D-I, or even D-II coaches in any sport that also fill that role, because of the fact that both the coaching and AD positions are full time plus responsibilities. And there is the inherent conflict of interest in the positions.
    Last edited by davyd83; 04-15-2012, 06:40 AM.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Davyd83...............As the Head Coach & General Manager of the Omaha Lancers USHL team, he was, in essance, an associate President of the club. He participated in the overall running of the program while recruiting and building the roster. The only Head Coach/AD I can think of right off the top is Jeff Jackson who became the AD at Lake Superior State when the NHL came calling. Also,
      when Ron Mason retired from coaching Michigan State he assumed the AD position. It's not done often and I'll agree it's an "overloaded plate", but it has been done before.

Comment

Davyd83...............As the Head Coach & General Manager of the Omaha Lancers USHL team, he was, in essance, an associate President of the club. He participated in the overall running of the program while recruiting and building the roster. The only Head Coach/AD I can think of right off the top is Jeff Jackson who became the AD at Lake Superior State when the NHL came calling. Also,
        when Ron Mason retired from coaching Michigan State he assumed the AD position. It's not done often and I'll agree it's an "overloaded plate", but it has been done before.
        I believe that Rick Comley may have been the last as coach and AD at NMU. And there's a huge difference between running a hockey team, and running hockey and administrating football, basketball, volleyball, track, cross country...etc. From the time when it was done before, to where we are now there have been many changes. It's not gonna happen.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I can't believe that there isn't more chatter about coaching changes. Is it too early???

Comment

I can't believe that there isn't more chatter about coaching changes. Is it too early???
            No.

There will only be one coaching change this season, and that has been completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
              No.

There will only be one coaching change this season, and that has been completed.
              And based on recent history there won't be a change for a few years. I cannot think of any coaches on the hot seat right now...
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Cahoon at UMass, UConn coach if they move up to HEA. Sneddon at UVM if they keep struggling, Owens at CC.

All on the hot seat.

Comment

How about movement of assistant coaches???

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                    Cahoon at UMass, lack of suCCess says Owens at CC.

All on the hot seat.
                    Fixed for you
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                    X