The last wcha champ!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The last wcha champ!!!!!!

I guess you haven't heard - UAH has been admitted as an associate member on the condition that they finish 13th so that whoever finishes 12th won't have to be last in the league standings.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Much, much too early. If everything stays the way it is (which it will not):

1. Minnesota (No matter what, if Bjugstad stays, they're #1)
      2. North Dakota (Goalie will be a strength whether Dell, Saunders or Gothberg)
      3. UNO (I think they'll surprise, White needs to stay)
      4. St. Cloud State (Hanowski NEEDS to stay, I liked Faragher, I think he competes for WCHA GoY)
      5. Denver (Will have year similar to UND this year, get hot late, fantastic goalies)
      6. Wisconsin (I think they'll surprise, they just need SOME road success)
      7. Michigan Tech (Tech could compete for home ice, they're young and had a good year)
      8. Collorado College (Rylan Schwartz is good, so is Thorimbert, the rest of the team is not)
      9. Minnesota-Duluth (Going to have to rely on no-names, maybe a guy like DeLisle steps in?)
      10. Minnesota State Mankato (They have young good forwards, but they're Mankato.. Mankato sucks)
      11. Alaska-Anchorage (Maybe someone will decide to score goals..)
      12. Bemidji State (George is very good, but who gives a sh*t)

In all fairness, I wouldn't separate 3 to 10 by more than 8 points or so. I could realistically see 3-10 flip flopped and I wouldn't be surprised.

Broadmoor goes to Denver, they have good goalies and their program is too good to have a rebuilding year.

Comment

Originally posted by PhatKroger10 View Post
        ...they're Mankato.. Mankato sucks)
        Brilliant in-depth analysis. Great hockey mind.
        My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          Brilliant in-depth analysis. Great hockey mind.
          I was being brief and humorous. Mankato won't be bad by any standards, but (what is currently) the WCHA, is too good for them to compete. Lafontaine and Lehtner were good, but they will not have a competent goaltender (again) and will continue to have atrocious defense. They'll be a one line team who will be close in a lot of games, but I couldn't see them much higher than 7th. There most significant win last year was at home over Wisconsin. With a new coach I can't imagine their progress will be anymore significant than other WCHA teams. However, I'm sure many said that of MTU last year and they certainly surprised us all.

While I think they will be a nonfactor next year, I think they deserve serious consideration to win/compete for the title in the 2013-2014 WCHA.

Comment

I was being brief and humorous. Mankato won't be bad by any standards, but (what is currently) the WCHA, is too good for them to compete. Lafontaine and Lehtner were good, but they will not have a competent goaltender (again) and will continue to have atrocious defense. They'll be a one line team who will be close in a lot of games, but I couldn't see them much higher than 7th. There most significant win last year was at home over Wisconsin. With a new coach I can't imagine their progress will be anymore significant than other WCHA teams. However, I'm sure many said that of MTU last year and they certainly surprised us all.

While I think they will be a nonfactor next year, I think they deserve serious consideration to win/compete for the title in the 2013-2014 WCHA.
            Hastings is very defensive minded. I have a feeling as long as the players by in to the system they will be much better defensively. Will that be good enough for home ice? Not sure but that 6-8 range seems about right for them.
            I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
              Hastings is very defensive minded.
              When he was in charge at UNO it seemed to me that the lunatics ran the asylum and he let it happen. I would be pretty skeptical if he was going to be the next head coach of any hockey team for whom I cheer.

Comment

Hastings is very defensive minded. I have a feeling as long as the players by in to the system they will be much better defensively. Will that be good enough for home ice? Not sure but that 6-8 range seems about right for them.
                It they could finish 6-8, then name 4-6 teams they will/should finish ahead of?
                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Mankato's most talented players were young, and they have a good class coming in, new coach, and they were DECIMATED with injuries. Wisconsin was real young especially with freshmen goalies. The only bottom team I could see taking a step back is Bemidji but Walsh was good in net and I think they were SO much better than UAA that I still think they won't fall that far.

Anchorage was THAT bad, but I guess my question is who do you see them finishing ahead of?
                  UAA also dealt with injuries a lot last year, I don't think we played a consistent lineup all year, especially on defense.

Everybody nearly always picks UAA last every year. I stopped caring about 2000-2001, it means nothing.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    UAA also dealt with injuries a lot last year, I don't think we played a consistent lineup all year, especially on defense.

Everybody nearly always picks UAA last every year. I stopped caring about 2000-2001, it means nothing.
                    I usually like to pick them as an up and comer. Something always happens though. The new WCHA set up after next year is going to be interesting for everyone.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I usually like to pick them as an up and comer. Something always happens though. The new WCHA set up after next year is going to be interesting for everyone.
                      With UAA's youth they are primed in my mind to make a run in the new WCHA. Honestly at this point it's about having some on-ice leadership. 2 years ago Parkinson and Grant ran that team and last year we basically had nobody and ran into the ground.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        It they could finish 6-8, then name 4-6 teams they will/should finish ahead of?
                        I have a feeling 6-9 will be within 4-6 points. There is no reason why they can finish ahead of UAA, Tech, BSU, UNO and maybe even UMD. saying they could finish as high as 6th isn't exactly going out on a huge limb especially when it always seems like one or two teams get hit with massive injuries and their season gets ruined.
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

I have a feeling 6-9 will be within 4-6 points. There is no reason why they can finish ahead of UAA, Tech, BSU, UNO and maybe even UMD. saying they could finish as high as 6th isn't exactly going out on a huge limb especially when it always seems like one or two teams get hit with massive injuries and their season gets ruined.
                          They'll finish ahead of SCSU before they finish ahead of UMD.
                          "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                            They'll finish ahead of SCSU before they finish ahead of UMD.
                            If SCSU keeps Hanowski they'll finish above UMD. It's hard to be optimistic toward UMD when they're not returning 4 of their top 5 scorers or goalie. They'll really need someone to explode onto the scene to be competitive. Like I originally posted, maybe a guy like DeLisle. Also, goalie will be integral to their success, can Crandall produce? Their program has a lot of momentum though, it's tough to count them out.

Comment

If SCSU keeps Hanowski they'll finish above UMD. It's hard to be optimistic toward UMD when they're not returning 4 of their top 5 scorers or goalie. They'll really need someone to explode onto the scene to be competitive. Like I originally posted, maybe a guy like DeLisle. Also, goalie will be integral to their success, can Crandall produce? Their program has a lot of momentum though, it's tough to count them out.
                              Even with Hanowski, they still finish behind UMD. We're returning almost our entire defense, minus Brady Lamb, which was incredibly successful last season. Crandall and Fons will be a formidable goaltending duo, and we've got recruits coming in that will make an immediate impact. Are we going to be top 3? Probably not, but home ice is definitely expected again this season in Duluth.
                              "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Comment

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
                                Even with Hanowski, they still finish behind UMD. We're returning almost our entire defense, minus Brady Lamb, which was incredibly successful last season. Crandall and Fons will be a formidable goaltending duo, and we've got recruits coming in that will make an immediate impact. Are we going to be top 3? Probably not, but home ice is definitely expected again this season in Duluth.
                                Lamb was a pretty big part of that defense corp, though. Duluth hasn't really been known to have an awesome defense either, their success was from having a group of high end offensive talent. I agree with you that home ice definitely isn't out of the question, but they certainly have much more going against them than the other teams (as of right now) that will compete for home ice. As a UND fan, I'm definitely pulling for UMD though. It'd be great to see the NCHC and WCHA pull momentum from the B10.

Comment

Working...
                                X