No announcement yet.

Florida vs. Zimmerman - Q.E.D????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Florida vs. Zimmerman - Q.E.D????????

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    biscuits and gravy ....
    i love biscuits and gravy
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      i love biscuits and gravy
      Me too, especially with sausage in the gravy. And red beans and rice. And chicken and waffles. And crawfish cooked in Zataran's crab boil. What was it that idiot Pat Robertson said recently: "is mac and cheese a black thing?"
      Last edited by Old Pio; 04-16-2012, 05:20 AM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Thanks Al and Jesse!!!!

If what's known to the public is all the case they have...he should walk on Murder 2. And it will be ugly. Really ugly. Like, Mark Alt ugly.
        There are very few racist a*sholes, white or black, as a percentage of the population. But this is a country of over 300 million people, which means numerically, there are quite a few of 'em. If Zimmerman is acquitted, he better move to Montana.

Comment

I think he'd fit in nicely with the racist hicks in Texas and Arizona.
          1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
            I think he'd fit in nicely with the racist hicks in Texas and Arizona.
            Come on down. And pack a lunch.
            Last edited by Old Pio; 04-13-2012, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I'd recommend rereading your post and then pointing out to the rest of us where you even hinted at racism from "The Reverands," or the New Black Panther Party or any of that menagerie of opportunistic pimps. All of your references only point to "racism" from whites, none from blacks. I'm not surprised you think that way. I am surprised that you deny it and/or defend it.
              Oh...you mean like this?

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Its the same ole story of extremists trying to overblow stories to make it appear the other side is wrong, evil or something else bad...and then they feel they have the right to be behave badly also. If there is solid evidence the police were racist...fix it. Otherwise, enough of black panthers and gobs of conservatives blabbing about racism already.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Oh...you mean like this?
                Exactly. Only the post we were discussing was different and listed only "racism" from the right.
                Last edited by Old Pio; 04-14-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Exactly. Only the post we were discussing was different and listed only "racism" from the right.
                  You mean this one? IMO the post is pretty clear that both sides are included in this. Where does it list racism as only from the right?

Good post...but it was political all along. There were elements of:

Gun control (or lack there of)
                  Questionable legislation (to say the least)
                  Potential racism or profiling
                  Questionable police practices (government)

...which instantly bring in the NRA, politicians, ACLU types and watchdogs all of whom look for lightning rods like this. All of this when society has been spoon fed culture wars for the last 5 years...and is heading into the meat of a presidential election.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

A Mexican can be racist against a black guy? What a country!
                    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

You mean this one? IMO the post is pretty clear that both sides are included in this. Where does it list racism as only from the right?
                      Yet, somehow, you failed to mention the two race pimps (one of whom has a network TV program) and the New Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam and other punks who have been spewing race hatred since day one of this sad case. Probably just an oversight. And no mention of media types who've consistently had their thumb on the scale, also since day one.

However, it's possible I may have misconstrued your meaning (me? never!).
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 04-14-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        A Mexican can be racist against a black guy? What a country!
                        uppity mexicans..... :P
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                          I believe so. Though when the police came and met with the neighborhood watch association, they explicitly told them not to do some of the things Zimmerman did (carry guns, follow "suspects", etc.).
                          That doesn't surprise me. You'd expect cops to say "let us do the cop stuff." However, that advice is not the same as being legally required to do so. Much has been made about the dispatcher saying "we don't need you to do that." Sound advice IMO, but not a legal mandate. Dispatchers can't order citizens around. If there had been an officer present and he had said "stand down," that would be a different matter. Besides, there's a lot of loose language being used here, especially in that charging document. There's a reference to "profiling." That's cute, but was the prosecutor referring to "racial profiling." She also talks about "confrontation." Well, confronting someone is not illegal. Asking someone why they're there or what they're doing is not violent and certainly does not confer the right to respond violently, as has been alleged. If Martin swung on Zimmerman, then he initiated the violence, against which any citizen is allowed to defend himself.
                          Last edited by Old Pio; 04-14-2012, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Of course you're allowed to defend yourself. But since when do you get to blow a 14 year old kid away for socking you in the face?
                            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Of course you're allowed to defend yourself. But since when do you get to blow a 14 year old kid away for socking you in the face?
                              You don't. For Zimmerman to be let off, a jury is going to have to conclude that he reasonably believed he was in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. For me, a broken nose doesn't meet that standard. But then again, I wasn't on the ground (allegedly!) getting beat up.

Comment

He was 17, over six feet tall and 150 to 160 pounds. Probably with about 1% body fat. Assuming the narrative is correct, it wasn't just a matter of "socking him in the face." It was a blow to the face sufficient to knock him down and possibly break his nose. Followed by Martin on top, banging Zimmerman's head on the pavement. Again, assuming that's what happened, is Zimmerman supposed to coolly assess the situation and ask himself (as his head is being pounded on the ground) "does this kid mean to kill me or is this just a typical expression of teen rage that will stop momentarily? Hmm, let me ponder what's going on here. Maybe the kid doesn't mean to kill me. Then again, maybe he does. What to do?"
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 04-14-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X