No announcement yet.

Florida vs. Zimmerman - Q.E.D????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Florida vs. Zimmerman - Q.E.D????????

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    That's the simplicity of stand and defend. One side gets off and the other side doesn't exist anymore.
    Clearly, to satisfy you and the rest of the racists, Zimmerman should have allowed that kid to beat him to death. You've got standanddefenditis, my friend, and it looks terminal. I see where His Racistness' justice department is thinking about "hate crimes" charges against Zimmerman. Of course. No charges against Black Panther thugs, but let's persecute this "white-hispanic." That picture of his grandfather, who's blacker than Sharpton, should help make the case.

Does anybody but a confirmed anti-gun wingnut subscribe to your remarkably simple minded analysis of "stand and defend?"
    Last edited by Old Pio; 05-15-2012, 10:20 PM.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

I said it in a different thread when this story first broke - when your head is being slammed against the ground, you are in mortal danger and have the right to defend yourself. It is immaterial at that point as to why your head is being slammed into the ground - you still get to defend yourself. You slept with some other dude's wife, you didn't play Johnny enough in the youth hockey game or you followed a black youth because he looked suspicious.

Is it profiling? Possibly, but it still doesn't give anyone the right to slam your head into the ground. If the evidence bears out the initial story that Zimmerman was in fact attacked, it will be interesting to see how the bleeding hearts handle this news.

If you don't want to get shot, not attacking someone who may have a gun would be a good start.

Now, if it turns out that the evidence of injuries is false, well, then, obviously that changes things.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I said it in a different thread when this story first broke - when your head is being slammed against the ground, you are in mortal danger and have the right to defend yourself. It is immaterial at that point as to why your head is being slammed into the ground - you still get to defend yourself. You slept with some other dude's wife, you didn't play Johnny enough in the youth hockey game or you followed a black youth because he looked suspicious.

Is it profiling? Possibly, but it still doesn't give anyone the right to slam your head into the ground. If the evidence bears out the initial story that Zimmerman was in fact attacked, it will be interesting to see how the bleeding hearts handle this news.

If you don't want to get shot, not attacking someone who may have a gun would be a good start.

Now, if it turns out that the evidence of injuries is false, well, then, obviously that changes things.
        Just like you seem to automatically assume that Martin was about to kill Zimmerman with his bare hands. I have no idea what happened, but I'm not immediately going to believe the one guy that's alive. The percentage of fist fights resulting in death has got to be less than 1%.

The bigger problem is that with stand and defend in many cases Martin wouldn't even have to touch Zimmerman...for Zimmerman's shooting to be 'appropriate' murder.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Just like you seem to automatically assume that Martin was about to kill Zimmerman with his bare hands. I have no idea what happened, but I'm not immediately going to believe the one guy that's alive. The percentage of fist fights resulting in death has got to be less than 1%.

The bigger problem is that with stand and defend in many cases Martin wouldn't even have to touch Zimmerman...for Zimmerman's shooting to be 'appropriate' murder.
          If someone was bashing your head onto the pavement would you be cool with a chance of death? Or would you fight back with everything you had?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Not all "profiling" is evil or even the same. That's why when police are looking for a young black male with a gun they don't stop and frisk white grandmothers. Despite the strenuous efforts of America's racists, from Obama, to the media to the "Reverands," there is exactly zero evidence that Zimmerman is biased or acted in a biased manner. In fact, despite lies, use of old photos (was Trayvon really 12?) and creative tape editing, the available evidence is that Zimmerman is a guy with black and latino friends and relatives, who has reached out to and befriended black residents of his "gated community." This narrative of Zimmerman being another David Duke is total crap. But we've seen this before, haven't we? Gangs of whites burning black churches? White jocks at Duke "raping" a black "exotic dancer?" Cut me some slack, Jack.

The disgusting prospect of Obama's thoroughly discredited Justice Department bringing "hate crimes" charges against Zimmerman (to pump up the black vote in a swing state) is repellant.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
              If someone was bashing your head onto the pavement would you be cool with a chance of death? Or would you fight back with everything you had?

That's what I'm saying and I'm not assuming anything. I said that if your head is being slammed into the ground, you are in mortal danger. That is no longer a fist fight.

If anything, I think a lot of people looked at this and assumed that the kid was the clear victim because of the amount of racial profiling that happens in this country. A lot of people want Zimmerman to be the bad guy to fulfill their own narrative of what happened so they can make a point and also feel better about themselves because they're not "bad like him."

We'll see. The evidence will come out. It just chapped me how so many jumped on this nationally and ran with it before all the facts came out. Yeah, I know, happens all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                Not all "profiling" is evil or even the same. That's why when police are looking for a young black male with a gun they don't stop and frisk white grandmothers. Despite the strenuous efforts of America's racists, from Obama, to the media to the "Reverands," there is exactly zero evidence that Zimmerman is biased or acted in a biased manner. In fact, despite lies, use of old photos (was Trayvon really 12?) and creative tape editing, the available evidence is that Zimmerman is a guy with black and latino friends and relatives, who has reached out to and befriended black residents of his "gated community." This narrative of Zimmerman being another David Duke is total crap. But we've seen this before, haven't we? Gangs of whites burning black churches? White jocks at Duke "raping" a black "exotic dancer?" Cut me some slack, Jack.

The disgusting prospect of Obama's thoroughly discredited Justice Department bringing "hate crimes" charges against Zimmerman (to pump up the black vote in a swing state) is repellant.

Trust me, we really don't agree on much of anything...

Comment

Your knowledge of "stand and defend" is as comprehensively ignorant as your knowledge of "fist fights." I'd say sucker punching someone (breaking his nose), climbing on top and repeatedly slamming his head on the concrete is not a "fist fight." It is an assault. I guess Zimmerman was supposed to think, "well, surely this kid's not going to kill me," and act accordingly. What color is the sky in your world?

What, pray tell, is your source for your claims that in "many cases" Trayvon wouldn't "have had to touch Zimmerman" for Zimmerman to have gotten away with killing him? That's utter, complete, ignorant nonsense. You figure all some guy (especially an evil white-Hispanic) has to do is say "that n*gger assaulted me" and the cops say "okay," and walk away? That's the position you've espoused here several times. Got any support for it? Or is it just racist boiler plate bullsh*t?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Pio View Post

While I agree that the initial racial backlash was way too much, I also feel that the swing in the other direction is starting to become over the top. How is it any better to accuse certain people of racial profiling when that's the same thing others are accusing Zimmerman. How is what Zimmermans people talking about his injuries different from Martin's people claiming he had no injuries indicative of a fight?

It's all speculation. I understand this is a message board and that happens all the time, but stop accusing one side of making false statements when you really have no proof the other side isn't as well.

Comment

Hook, line, sinker.

There is full on video of the guy...if he's got any wounds, they must be microscopic. And the first time we see him afterwards, his skin is perfect. I see no death bed here.

*****http://unhingednotion.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Picture-32.png******

*****http://www.cj-brooks.com/GEORHE%20ZIMMERMAN%20UNHARMES.jpg******
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Hook, line, sinker.

There is full on video of the guy...if he's got any wounds, they must be microscopic. And the first time we see him afterwards, there are no scars. None. I see no death bed here.

There you go. The doctor's lying and you can see right through it. How is one supposed to argue with such pig headed stupidity?

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                          Hook, line, sinker.

There is full on video of the guy...if he's got any wounds, they must be microscopic. And the first time we see him afterwards, his skin is perfect. I see no death bed here.

Um... Congrats? I guess I assume people are adult enough to not just troll for specific results.

Since none of us know the full details of what went down, what is the point of getting all ****ed off? Martins people say no injuries on his hands. Zimmermans people say he had a broken nose and some other mostly minor injuries. Who do we believe at this point? Regardless if you believe stand your ground is a good law or not, at what point do you fight back to try and save your own life? Who would you rather decide your life is in danger... You in the heat of the moment or 12 people 2 years later when it goes to a jury?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            There you go. The doctor's lying and you can see right through it. How is one supposed to argue with such pig headed stupidity?
                            Sorry, I hold life a bit more precious than that. And in the case of stand your ground, justice. Agree to disagree.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

While I agree that the initial racial backlash was way too much, I also feel that the swing in the other direction is starting to become over the top. How is it any better to accuse certain people of racial profiling when that's the same thing others are accusing Zimmerman. How is what Zimmermans people talking about his injuries different from Martin's people claiming he had no injuries indicative of a fight?

It's all speculation. I understand this is a message board and that happens all the time, but stop accusing one side of making false statements when you really have no proof the other side isn't as well.
                              There is no equivalence here. None. No networks have been caught lying about their reports on this matter to make Zimmerman look better. Zimmerman's family has not secured the services of a well-connected spin meister. No one in the White House has suggested we take our time and see where the evidence takes us. No "reverand" has been given an hour long program on a "news" network to defend Zimmerman.

Zimmerman's injuries are subject to impirical proof. His doctor says he was hurt and has listed the injuries on medical reports the falsifying of which would certainly put his license at risk and is probably criminal. Not to mention the nurses and X-ray techs who would also have to be in on this "conspiracy." No, we should rely instead on 5MM's x-ray vision, "he doesn't look hurt to me."

We have seen MSNBC, NBC and various other members of the MSM engage in a deceptive, untruthful campaign designed to make Zimmerman looks as bad as possible, to curry favor with the WH and to help His Oneness' campaign. Nothing even remotely close to that has occurred or even been claimed on "the other side." Rather than generalities, perhaps you could provide some examples of what you're talking about. Otherwise, it's just blather.
                              Last edited by Old Pio; 05-16-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I hold life a bit more precious than that. And in the case of stand your ground, justice. Agree to disagree.
                                You have no defense. And you just admitted it by changing the subject to how precious life is to you (and presumably not to anyone who doesn't want to see Zimmerman lynched or who doesn't have an HO over "stand your ground"). And this, I suppose, is what gives you the ability to diagnose people on video tape. That, and your extensive medical training.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 05-16-2012, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X