No announcement yet.

Florida vs. Zimmerman - Q.E.D????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Florida vs. Zimmerman - Q.E.D????????

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
    Not to my knowledge. They should apologize in every news segment in which the fraudulent audio was used. On Today and where ever else. They should also explain in greater detail how this happend. And how it wasn't deliberate, if that is their contention. And they're hoping a quote in a wire service story will get them off the hook. Maybe it will.
    Dude seriously. Fox does this every day. Strike that. Many times every day. And it takes a scandal of epic proportions such as what happened in the UK before they even take notice.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Dude seriously. Fox does this every day. Strike that. Many times every day. And it takes a scandal of epic proportions such as what happened in the UK before they even take notice.
      So what? What Fox does excuses NBC? There's a reason why Tu Quoque argumentation is called a logical fallacy. I'll rely on your knowledge of Fox, since I've said only about 500 times that I don't watch, and I don't.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 04-27-2012, 09:12 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

So what? What Fox does excuses NBC? There's a reason why Tu Quoque argumentation is called a logical fallacy. I'll rely on your knowledge of Fox, since I've said only about 500 times that I don't watch, and I don't.
        Yea! Old Pio comes up with his talking points, that match up with Fox, purely on his own! Which makes it all the more sad.
        Last edited by Foxton; 04-28-2012, 05:36 AM.

Comment

So what? What Fox does excuses NBC?
          Of course it does. They agree with NBC's agenda so its ok, Fox on the other hand...
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
            Of course it does. They agree with NBC's agenda so its ok, Fox on the other hand...
            Looking...looking...nope, did not say that. Neither needs to apologize for anything...that may damage respect held for and consumption of those outlets...but that's the free speech/free market way. And that's what matters.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Looking...looking...nope, did not say that. Neither needs to apologize for anything...that may damage respect held for and consumption of those outlets...but that's the free speech/free market way. And that's what matters.
              . But Fox does it.......wah wah wah.

Comment

. But Fox does it.......wah wah wah.
                Its a free market issue. But no need to expend any more of your overworked brain cells on this one.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

NBC is a news station that occasionally has opinion pieces. Faux Newz gives opinions and calls them "news." That's the difference.
                  1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                    NBC is a news station that occasionally has opinion pieces. Faux Newz gives opinions and calls them "news." That's the difference.
                    If you're giving an opinion, you're supposed to give a disclaimer on the screen "Opinion". Fox's news programs are news. Just because they have a slant about 180 degrees opposite from MSNBC does not make them "unworthy". On all the "news" networks, anything after 8 is entertainment. Maddow, Hannity, and Larry King are or never were news shows.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

There will soon be a telethon for lefties deranged by their hatred of Fox (and their oh so cute appelation "Faux." The first couple of thousand times it's mildly amusing, thereafter it takes on the air of a musty attic). It is obvious these folks are deranged since they're suggesting NBC's felonies in its reporting are excused by whatever it is that has their panties in a wad about Fox. Many of them just can't believe any conservative doesn't have Sean Hannity tattooed on his inner thigh. So, in my case, I'm either lying or delusional (maybe both).

The sad fact is whatever it is that Fox does that has you drooling and babbling is totally unrelated to what NBC did. One does not excuse or justify the other. NBC is a "legacy" outlet. Home of Huntley and Brinkley. Now home to Al Sharpton. And to a newsroom where an audio tape was deliberately edited to further their agenda. In a case that has enormous potential for exacerbating social tensions. This is such a fundamental violation of journalistic ethics and practices I find it astonishing that there are people I know to be intelligent who defend it based on what somebody else allegedly does.

What you guys are saying is: Fox is horrible, awful because they slant the news and if NBC does it, well, that's okay. Really? I hear Jerry Lewis is available if you want to get that telethon off the ground. And even though you can't believe it, it's possible to be a relatively informed person without any input whatsoever from Fox or Limbaugh.
                      Last edited by Old Pio; 04-28-2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        According to undisclosed sources, the NBC producer who edited out the question from the 911 operator was fired.
                        I must have missed the release-do you recall what his name was?
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

What you guys are saying is: Fox is horrible, awful because they slant the news and if NBC does it, well, that's okay.
                          Your news is slanted and opinion, my news is the gospel truth even when its slanted and opinion.

Comment

Fox News is actively funded by GOP backers...the others are just crappy because they're full of mass communications majors.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              Fox News is actively funded by GOP backers...the others are just crappy because they're full of mass communications majors.
                              Interesting. But irrelevant to a discussion of NBC's fraud, don't you think?

Comment

Your news is slanted and opinion, my news is the gospel truth even when its slanted and opinion.
                                Yeah, and it's a little more subtle than just left and right. What stories are covered? How are they covered? Who is put on the screen? Where does it appear in the newscast? DOES it appear in the newscast? How much time is devoted to the story? What NBC did was a discreet, deliberate, totally inappropriate act. And no amount of sophistry about Fox changes that fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X