Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
    Some thoughts on last night's contest, IMO Plattsburgh carried most of the play after being down 2-0 after the first. I was impressed by Plattsburgh's power play as they move the puck around very well and do a nice job of finding an open shooting lane. The Bears did a remarkable job blocking alot of shots last night and held their own for portions of the contest. I think this young Bears squad is only going to get better as the season progresses. I really wanted to sleep on things before I posted this comment. There were some things that I wanted to make comment on but figure there's no since in starting a "flaming war".
    I might have some thoughts on last nights game, but I'm still not thawed out yet (and got extra hour too)
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
      I might have some thoughts on last nights game, but I'm still not thawed out yet (and got extra hour too)
      What's the olde expression?" Some things are better left unsaid...".
      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

What's the olde expression?" Some things are better left unsaid...".
        The one I preach to "the kids" and try to live by myself is - "Never miss a good opportunity to shut-up". I do pretty good at adhering to that wisdom, except during a hockey game. I often fail miserably then, but I'm getting... 'better' (??).
        Dave
        RIT - '90

Comment

I have come to understand, no matter what we post on here will not affect the outcome of any game. So I concur, its a good opportunity to shut up. The Bears lost, on to the next game.
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

You know, as I re-read my last post, I really should add that if everyone didn’t miss those opportunities, it would be kind of boring around here!

So with that said - yeah... I’m boring, and I’m OK with that. But there’s nothing wrong with a little excitement now and then (especially when it ‘excites’ the right people!).

So will somebody (Potsdam) please beat Oswego? That oughta get 'em going!!
            Last edited by Transplanted Tiger Fan; 11-04-2012, 09:03 AM. Reason: Had to add the last line to stay on-topic of the Thread! :)
            Dave
            RIT - '90

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
              ...So will somebody (Potsdam) please beat Oswego? That oughta get 'em going!!
              Huhh?
              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Think you're cold? Try sitting where I sit at ice level for every home game. When I get home I have a chill for 2 days. Its a cold barn no doubt.
                LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Think you're cold? Try sitting where I sit at ice level for every home game. When I get home I have a chill for 2 days. Its a cold barn no doubt.
                  A quilt and a space heater might help. Hopefully SUNY isn't paying anything beyond the box office/concessions.
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

A quilt and a space heater might help. Hopefully SUNY isn't paying anything beyond the box office/concessions.
                    There is a space heater but it literally will burn your legs. Tough life...
                    LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

sat out a game one yr after I got suspeneded for fighting,I realized why the crowd at Romney was loaded up for everygame,man was it cold in a suit.

Comment

Ahh the days of Walker (or Pine Street) when it was subzero and you're suiting up to play pickup or intramurals....

I froze bodily part(s) watching the Potsdam Pioneers play @ Pine Street a few times.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Ahh the days of Walker (or Pine Street) when it was subzero and you're suiting up to play pickup or intramural ....

I froze bodily part(s) watching the Potsdam Pioneers play @ Pine Street a few times.
                          While certainly Hobart holds the record for the literal lowest temperature for I game I attended, I anticipated it - and dressed appropriately - the Massena Arena on the other hand I expected to be at least 60.

Also, changing from the temperature topic, I was a bit surprised to see Plattsburgh take to the ice first - until I realized that otherwise they would have to have skated through the Potsdam team.
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Ahh the days of Walker (or Pine Street) when it was subzero and you're suiting up to play pickup or intramurals....

Pine Street was like playing a game in Florida compared to Tri-Town or Tupper Lake in Febuary......on college standards Massena may be cold, but was one of the nicest minor hockey rinks in the area...
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              Pine Street was like playing a game in Florida compared to Tri-Town or Tupper Lake in Febuary......on college standards Massena may be cold, but was one of the nicest minor hockey rinks in the area...
                              I have been (usually) colder at Cortland - and I dress for it there (since the first time). All-in-all Massena isn't all that bad - I would encourage anyone to attend future Potsdam games there - just be forth warned!
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Try the Canton Pavilion in January at 10pm, when its -20 below outside and the Coach is running the power play drill. Meanwhile on the bench the frost is building up on your cage. Good times...
                                LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Working...
                                X