Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Jeez I forgot about his 6 apples. That's very impressive, as well as how this team found a way to win this weekend. Great job by them.
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by radiox View Post
      Trevor Cope broke the SUNYAC record for assists in a SUNYAC game with six against Morrisivlle..three others had had five
      Not even close to breaking SUNYAC assist record in a game held for the past 24 years by Joey Ferras of Plattsburgh State who wracked up 10 assists in a 25-0 game vs. Fredonia (a team in their first varsity season) Note: Several players had more than 6 that night. That said, congrats to Cope for a great night.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
        Not even close to breaking SUNYAC assist record in a game held for the past 24 years by Joey Ferras of Plattsburgh State who wracked up 10 assists in a 25-0 game vs. Fredonia (a team in their first varsity season) Note: Several players had more than 6 that night. That said, congrats to Cope for a great night.
        25-0? No class....(sorry had to)....
        LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
          25-0? No class....(sorry had to)....
          It was not our proudest moment for sure. The 25-0 was the night after beating Cortaldn 15-0. A certain coach at the time believed that running up the score gave him a better chance come NCAA selection time. As I recall, our first power-play unit was out there with a couple of minutes left in the game. Fredonia used it as motivation against us and a few years later, sent us packing in the playoffs once or twice. What goes around comes around. Needless to say, that would never happen these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            Incredible come from behind tonight by the young Bears squad! I know its only one game but I really like how the team looked tonight. Now to begin SUNYAC play....
            Doesn't Saints17 say this every year? The eternal optimist...
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Doesn't Saints17 say this every year? The eternal optimist...
              One of these years I'm gonna be right!
              LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Plattsburgh then should have reported the game with 10 assists...the record book has three players with five....was Fredonia considered a conference team in there first season? Or another reason it did not count or was overloked.

Comment

I saw in the record books that there are gaps from the Sports Info staff form plattsburgh for a few seasons with certain catagories...before the days of stat crew and others...most stuff was done by hand so I think there might a legitimacy problem with that particiular game in the stat keeping. maybe that is why it is not noted in the SUNYAC record book. Just a thought...no knock in the SID dpet. in the burgh...for god sakes I got a degree from there

Comment

Good question on whether or not Fredonia was a conference foe in their first year. After extensive research a couple of years ago, I came upon this 25-0 game. The only verification would be the boxscore in the following days' Press Republican which shows the 10 assists for Joe. I have confirmed this and other things with those players involved in the game. Not that it is official. Too old a game to still have an official scoresheet floating around. I would've found it. I spent hours and hours sifting through every old drawer in the building.
                    I know lots of Cardinals (and other teams) have had more than 6 assists in a game, but to my knowledge not against a SUNYAC opponent. So, Cope's record is OK in my book.

Comment

Before I give the record to Cope, I had better check our boxscores from games against SUNY Binghamton during their 4 year run as the doormat of SUNYAC. There were some big scores in those games!

Comment

Kudos to the Bears -

Hunter Cooke drafted by the Bears
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                          Before I give the record to Cope, I had better check our boxscores from games against SUNY Binghamton during their 4 year run as the doormat of SUNYAC. There were some big scores in those games!
                          For the modern era, I believe Pier-Luc Belanger would have put up some awesome numbers, if only the Mounties hadn't caught him.
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            For the modern era, I believe Pier-Luc Belanger would have put up some awesome numbers, if only the Mounties hadn't caught him.
                            I wish Belanger would've waited to join RCMP. what was the hurry, they weren't going anywhere!! I think he would've been the point leader for the Cards for the decade 2000-10. Too bad. Hope things worked out for him.

Comment

Well here we go, Platty visits the Massena Arena tomorrow night against my Bears. I know many are talking about attending this game, without a doubt it should be a fun night. Let's GO BEARS!
                              LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Some thoughts on last night's contest, IMO Plattsburgh carried most of the play after being down 2-0 after the first. I was impressed by Plattsburgh's power play as they move the puck around very well and do a nice job of finding an open shooting lane. The Bears did a remarkable job blocking alot of shots last night and held their own for portions of the contest. I think this young Bears squad is only going to get better as the season progresses. I really wanted to sleep on things before I posted this comment. There were some things that I wanted to make comment on but figure there's no since in starting a "flaming war".
                                LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Working...
                                X