Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
    Mohawk every week....
    Is Evans Mill still running races?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Is Evans Mill still running races?
      I'd say go to Can-Am but after THIS I won't ever be returning to that track....

As a former promoter, series official, and most of all father....no way in (insert word)......
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
        I'd say go to Can-Am but after THIS I won't ever be returning to that track....

As a former promoter, series official, and most of all father....no way in (insert word)......
        Yeah I saw that on another message board. Can-Am is in big trouble. They need new management.

Unfortunately my options are limited in Vermont. The only dirt track in Vt. is Bear Ridge Speedway in Bradford, Vt and that's an hour away.

I hit up Thunder Road Speedbowl almost weekly every Thursday night though as that's an oval asphalt track about 15 minutes away in Barre owned by Ken Squire.

Usually when I get back to New York I try to make it to Woodhull, Black Rock and Canandaigua as much as possible and while I'm in Vermont I make a couple of three hour treks for specials to Fonda when they have the 410 sprints and Lucas Oil Late Models coupled with big block modifieds each time.

I've always wanted to get to Mohawk. Heard great things since it opened back up.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Are they still operating Devil's Bowl in Fair Haven, VT? They used to have some pretty darn good racing there.
          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Yeah I saw that on another message board. Can-Am is in big trouble. They need new management.

Unfortunately my options are limited in Vermont. The only dirt track in Vt. is Bear Ridge Speedway in Bradford, Vt and that's an hour away.

I hit up Thunder Road Speedbowl almost weekly every Thursday night though as that's an oval asphalt track about 15 minutes away in Barre owned by Ken Squire.

Usually when I get back to New York I try to make it to Woodhull, Black Rock and Canandaigua as much as possible and while I'm in Vermont I make a couple of three hour treks for specials to Fonda when they have the 410 sprints and Lucas Oil Late Models coupled with big block modifieds each time.

I've always wanted to get to Mohawk. Heard great things since it opened back up.
            Years ago, I made a trip to New York to see the supers @ Oswego , big block modifieds at Syracuse, Canandaiqua, Binghamton and Weedsport and the dirt late models @ Rolling Wheels..
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
              Are they still operating Devil's Bowl in Fair Haven, VT? They used to have some pretty darn good racing there.
              Devil's Bowl was paved a few years back but it is still running.

It used to be run by Bruce Richards and company but now a former racer, Mike Bruno I believe is running the show down there now along with his wife. I went to the ACT late model tour race earlier this year there and it was a decent race. Facility was in good shape and the racing was decent. I'm just more of a dirt track fan myself so I'd really like to see the dirt come back to the place sometime but that's probably a pipe dream.
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                Years ago, I made a trip to New York to see the supers @ Oswego , big block modifieds at Syracuse, Canandaiqua, Binghamton and Weedsport and the dirt late models @ Rolling Wheels..
                Wow! That's one heck of a road trip! I'm jealous. I'd kill to go on a trip like that. The supers are a lot of fun. I want to see another ISMA show here soon.

I'm making my first trip to Williams Grove this summer for the World of Outlaw sprint summer nationals. Really excited for that.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Wow! That's one heck of a road trip! I'm jealous. I'd kill to go on a trip like that. The supers are a lot of fun. I want to see another ISMA show here soon.

I'm making my first trip to Williams Grove this summer for the World of Outlaw sprint summer nationals. Really excited for that.
                  I'm sure you will enjoy "The Grove'....the locals really give the Outlaws a run for their money there. Big speed at this track with very long straightaways.
                  Been to the Grove twice, plus made it to Lincoln Spd., Motordrome, Lernerville, Pittsburgh, and Big Diamond in Pa.
                  Hoped to get to see the small block mods @ Grandview, but got rained out.
                  Last edited by pete99race; 07-11-2012, 01:50 PM.
                  SNC Men:
                  Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                  NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                  SNC Women:
                  O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

You must.

Really hate to use.

Paragraphs when typing

on USCHO. . .

You've come a long way in your time here, so I'll just leave it at that.
                    All I do is muck bins 24x7 x 365

Comment

Originally posted by MuckNBin View Post
                      You must.

Really hate to use.

Paragraphs when typing

on USCHO. . .

You've come a long way in your time here, so I'll just leave it at that.
                      Thanks.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

It was made official on Saturday after the Hall Of Fame Ceremonies in an event at Maxcy Hall. The SUNY Potsdam Men's Hockey team will be playing all home games at the Massena Arena and the Women's Hockey team will be playing at Clarkson's Cheel Arena. Pine Street will be a site for practices but not for games because they do not have the proper locker rooms. The new Maxcy Hall Ice Arena will cost 10 million dollars to renovate. Seating will be cut down to about a 1000. Stadium seating in the lower bowl and pull out bleachers on the top. Extended bench space on the one side of rink and the press box switched to the side of the benches. They were unable to extend the rink to 200 feet long because of the current structure of Maxcy but will be gaining eight feet to come close to 200 feet while maintaining 80 feet width. There will be a center door at the red line where both teams will enter and traditon walls on each side of the rink one for the men and one for the women. Should be exciting...99hits.com in the next few days will have audio from the Hall of Fame ceremonies and Maxcy Hall Project event in the coming week.

Comment

Originally posted by radiox View Post
                          It was made official on Saturday after the Hall Of Fame Ceremonies in an event at Maxcy Hall. The SUNY Potsdam Men's Hockey team will be playing all home games at the Massena Arena and the Women's Hockey team will be playing at Clarkson's Cheel Arena. Pine Street will be a site for practices but not for games because they do not have the proper locker rooms. The new Maxcy Hall Ice Arena will cost 10 million dollars to renovate. Seating will be cut down to about a 1000. Stadium seating in the lower bowl and pull out bleachers on the top. Extended bench space on the one side of rink and the press box switched to the side of the benches. They were unable to extend the rink to 200 feet long because of the current structure of Maxcy but will be gaining eight feet to come close to 200 feet while maintaining 80 feet width. There will be a center door at the red line where both teams will enter and traditon walls on each side of the rink one for the men and one for the women. Should be exciting...99hits.com in the next few days will have audio from the Hall of Fame ceremonies and Maxcy Hall Project event in the coming week.
                          St. Lawrence Centre Arena, correct?
                          WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

The Bears will be playing at the Massena Arena..not the St. Lawrence Center Mall arena....Massena Arena is on Route 37 rigth in the village part of the Harte Haven Shopping Center.

Mall Arena is not very good. Massena Arena is the best community Arena north of Syracuse

Comment

Originally posted by radiox View Post
                              The Bears will be playing at the Massena Arena..not the St. Lawrence Center Mall arena....Massena Arena is on Route 37 rigth in the village part of the Harte Haven Shopping Center.

Mall Arena is not very good. Massena Arena is the best community Arena north of Syracuse
                              Thanks... just don't want to end up at the wrong place in Februrary
                              WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

I just went to Mohawk this past Friday night. We were camping down the road at Cole Creek so we went over to see our buddy Dale Planck race. It was my second time there since the new owners took over as I went there last summer. It is a very nice facility and the track crew had the track really smooth. It is very fast and some of the guys like Dale, Carey Terrance and Billy Dunn really fly around there. Unfortunately Dale had a crappy night after winning his heat, getting caught up in a wreck and then getting lapped. Topping it all off his wife Leslie had her car break down on the way so she didn't get there until late which made it tough for him to keep his mind on racing. I did manage to get this shot of him during hotlaps which I feel clearly shows what you can expect when you do make it to Mohawk. http://s1096.***********.com/albums/g328/JoeyJohnson1/?action=view&current=Mohawk7-13_22.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X