Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I saw your coach yesterday. Nice stories!

Really, awesome, I haven't seen him in a while....The stories really do make the bus rides seem a heck of a lot shorter!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by radiox View Post
      Looks like the Bears have added two road games at Southern Maine on Dec 7th and 8th, 4pm on Friday and 1pm on Saturday. one of the other road trips must be gone
      Where is Potsdam playing it's home games this year? Also why did they pick up so many far away road trips when they could have just went and played two games with Canton since I believe they just took the jump up to DIII didn't they?

Comment

Originally posted by cooperalls View Post
        Where is Potsdam playing it's home games this year? Also why did they pick up so many far away road trips when they could have just went and played two games with Canton since I believe they just took the jump up to DIII didn't they?
        SUNY Potsdam and SUNY Canton won't be playing for a while I think...there is a rift between the schools

Comment

IIRC (Russell and Saints17 correct me), the majority will be up the road in Massena with a select few across the river @ Clarkson. Practices will be at the site of my first career hat trick (Pine Street Arena).
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            IIRC (Russell and Saints17 correct me), the majority will be up the road in Massena with a select few across the river @ Clarkson. Practices will be at the site of my first career hat trick (Pine Street Arena).
            That's what I have heard. Its racing/fishing season for me, so Bears hockey takes a backseat for awhile.
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
              That's what I have heard. Its racing/fishing season for me, so Bears hockey takes a backseat for awhile.
              Ditto for me, except for the fishing part... (Just got back from Lime Rock for the ALMS event.)
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by radiox View Post
                SUNY Potsdam and SUNY Canton won't be playing for a while I think...there is a rift between the schools
                Not to mention, the games wouldn't count as NCAA contests this year.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

dirt or asphalt? or both?
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Ditto for me, except for the fishing part... (Just got back from Lime Rock for the ALMS event.)
                    Do they still sell St. Pauli Girl T-Shirts?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      dirt or asphalt? or both?
                      Dirt only....
                      LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        Not to mention, the games wouldn't count as NCAA contests this year.
                        Won't they count as secondary criteria games? Or are they going to stay with the ACHA for hockey until the rest of the program through the provisional status?
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Dirt only....
                          Heck yeah man! Me too. What tracks you hit up?
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            Won't they count as secondary criteria games? Or are they going to stay with the ACHA for hockey until the rest of the program through the provisional status?
                            I heard they are playing close to a full NCAA Div. III schedule thought I saw on Fredonia's schedule that the Blue Devil's open up with the Fighting Roos! I feel bad though because they are probably going to lose just about every game since they just announced NCAA don't see how they can win and recruit in like a month. Talk about entering the lions den.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              Heck yeah man! Me too. What tracks you hit up?
                              Mohawk every week....
                              LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

I heard they are playing close to a full NCAA Div. III schedule thought I saw on Fredonia's schedule that the Blue Devil's open up with the Fighting Roos! I feel bad though because they are probably going to lose just about every game since they just announced NCAA don't see how they can win and recruit in like a month. Talk about entering the lions den.
                                As a provisional member, if they play a majority of their games against NCAA opponents, their games should count towards the secondary criteria. In other words, they are going to have the same impact on the post season as the NE-10 schools have.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X