Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Really? Its been this long since I have posted? I was battling the flu for awhile and was unable to post. The Bears have been struggling for the better part of this campaign yet I get why. Playing away from home and many road games. I think the real test will be the 2nd semester as my Bears continue their trek all over the East Coast. Go Bears!
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
      Really? Its been this long since I have posted? I was battling the flu for awhile and was unable to post. The Bears have been struggling for the better part of this campaign yet I get why. Playing away from home and many road games. I think the real test will be the 2nd semester as my Bears continue their trek all over the East Coast. Go Bears!
      I'm glad you're feeling better now. I heard there's a really bad flu going around this year. Not to mention a really bad cold that has also been going around, which I was saddled with for three freaking weeks.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Potsdam Bears hockey rallies to tie Castleton, 3-3 {Article courtesy of North Country Now 1/4/13}

RUTLAND, VT.—Junior assistant captain Mike Arnold scored with 36 seconds remaining to help the SUNY Potsdam men's hockey team (5-7-1) a 3-3 tie at Castleton State (7-5-2) on Friday night. The Bears, who also received goals from junior forward Adam Place and senior captain Matt Viola, trailed 3-0 at the start of the third period.

The Spartans grabbed a 1-0 lead on the power play at 6:39 of the opening stanza with a marker from Ryan Frost. Castleton outshot the Bears 9-7 and held the advantage into the intermission.

At 6:20 of the second period, Russ Herzog made the most of a short-handed opportunity to double the Spartan lead. Eight minutes later, Ben Shoenberger scored an even strength goal l to give Castleton a comfortable 3-0 cushion headed into the second break.

Just 2:09 into the final period, Place ignited the comeback with a Potsdam power-play tally. Junior forward Zach Blake and freshman forward Billy Pascalli each assisted on the goal. At 7:07, Viola cut the lead to 3-2 with an even-strength goal on helpers from freshman forward Mike Riley and sophomore forward Trevor Cope. With 47 seconds left, Bears Head Coach Chris Bernard pulled freshman goaltender Austin Keiser for an extra skater. Arnold struck for the game-tying goal at 19:24. Cope and Place notched the final assists.

In overtime, Castleton outshot the Bears 2-0, but Keiser handled both attempts to seal the draw.

Keiser made 28 saves, while Spartan goalie Thomas Shelley finished with 30 saves. Castleton outshot the Bears 32-29 on the night. The Spartans were 1-7 on the power play and Potsdam finished 1-9.

The Bears are back in action tomorrow afternoon as they travel to Saratoga Springs to take on the Skidmore Thoroughbreds at 4 p.m.
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

The box score from Friday night shows Mike Arnold getting a penalty at the 19:24 mark of the third period and then getting the game tying goal at 19:29???????
          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ozz View Post
            The box score from Friday night shows Mike Arnold getting a penalty at the 19:24 mark of the third period and then getting the game tying goal at 19:29???????
            Time warp...
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              Time warp...
              A step to the left and a jump to the right.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                Time warp...
                Trying to say it is Plattsburgh's fault
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                  Trying to say it is Plattsburgh's fault
                  we all know whos fault it is......................RIT

Comment

Potsdam game at Western New England has been pushed back to 7:45 the games will be on the air (99.3 FM Potsdam) and on the net (Bearcast)....3:30 still from Becker College

Comment

Originally posted by radiox View Post
                      Potsdam game at Western New England has been pushed back to 7:45 the games will be on the air (99.3 FM Potsdam) and on the net (Bearcast)....3:30 still from Becker College
                      What? Are the Ice Capades in town on Friday night or what? Jeez, that's a little late for a starting time. Some of us old guys go to bed early, LOL.
                      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

What? Are the Ice Capades in town on Friday night or what? Jeez, that's a little late for a starting time. Some of us old guys go to bed early, LOL.
                        Steve Hoar thinking of the SUNYAC
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

There's an Mite Madness Tournament going on at Smead. They have to clear out the Mite Moms from the rink to prevent them for telling the college coaches how good their 8 year old is.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            There's an Mite Madness Tournament going on at Smead. They have to clear out the Mite Moms from the rink to prevent them for telling the college coaches how good their 8 year old is.
                            Now thats funny, but probably not far from the truth!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              Now thats funny, but probably not far from the truth!
                              The funniest jokes are the ones closest to reality.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

New Rink Renderings
                                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                                X