Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Potsdam Bears 2012-13 season....on the Road Again....

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
    I have been (usually) colder at Cortland - and I dress for it there (since the first time). All-in-all Massena isn't all that bad - I would encourage anyone to attend future Potsdam games there - just be forth warned!
    When the Crete in Plattsburgh was the rink for PYH that place was cold on Sunday mornings at 6:15!! Usually 20 degrees colder than the temp outside!! Trying to tighten skates for the kids was hard on the frozen hands.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

This weekend should be a couple of good contests, Buffalo St and Fredonia are coming to town. One really positive thing I have heard the past few weeks in Massena, is how the locals didn't realize how solid the talent level is at Division III. A few of them mentioned to me that they were quickly becoming fans of the Bears and how exciting the games have been. I think its an absolute positive for D III hockey to hear things like this from fans who have never seen our games. I am really happy to know the Bears are gaining local support.
      LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
        This weekend should be a couple of good contests, Buffalo St and Fredonia are coming to town. One really positive thing I have heard the past few weeks in Massena, is how the locals didn't realize how solid the talent level is at Division III. A few of them mentioned to me that they were quickly becoming fans of the Bears and how exciting the games have been. I think its an absolute positive for D III hockey to hear things like this from fans who have never seen our games. I am really happy to know the Bears are gaining local support.
        That is a real +1

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Humm, maybe the Bears and Cards could play there every year
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
            Humm, maybe the Bears and Cards could play there every year
            I guess we could, but wouldn't it be a waste of a really great rink that Potsdam is currently building?
            LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

I guess we could, but wouldn't it be a waste of a really great rink that Potsdam is currently building?
              Sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few - if it increases positive exposure to DIII hockey, I might be able to find a way to stay thawed
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

With Clarkson & St. Lawrence in the neighborhood, the perception of D-III is that it is high school+. D-III, especially the top conferences, is not bad hockey. They just don't have the depth that you'll find on most D-I teams.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  With Clarkson & St. Lawrence in the neighborhood, the perception of D-III is that it is high school+. D-III, especially the top conferences, is not bad hockey. They just don't have the depth that you'll find on most D-I teams except in the AHA and ECAC ;-)

Fixed it for ya...
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    Fixed it for ya...
                    Dartmouth beat Norwich.

But the AHA is doing rather well against the EZAC. I hope it's a one off, but I am doubting it.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

One of the things that helped Norwich hockey take off in Central Vermont in the way dim past was playing games in Barre during the year that Kreitzberg was rising on the site of the old Taylor Arena. Very few people outside of Northfield followed the Cadets until people dropped by the BOR to see them play, and then they decided to check out Kreitzberg when it opened. The rest is history.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Well if there were any first time locals in attendance tonight, I am not sure if they will come back after that one. The Bears laid a real stinker down by losing 3-1 to Fredonia. P'dam allowed Fredonia to dictate the pace of the contest as the Blue Devils carried most of the play after the Bears got an early marker. Austin Keiser looked steady between the pipes tonight for the Bears. While Fredonia got most of the bounces tonight, they worked for them. Gotta say the Bears had no jump tonight at all. Back to the drawing board as a hungry Bengals team will visit tomorrow night.
                        LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Well if there were any first time locals in attendance tonight, I am not sure if they will come back after that one. The Bears laid a real stinker down by losing 3-1 to Fredonia. P'dam allowed Fredonia to dictate the pace of the contest as the Blue Devils carried most of the play after the Bears got an early marker. Austin Keiser looked steady between the pipes tonight for the Bears. While Fredonia got most of the bounces tonight, they worked for them. Gotta say the Bears had no jump tonight at all. Back to the drawing board as a hungry Bengals team will visit tomorrow night.
                          Just to let you know, Buff State is a better team than the 6-1 final would indicate! Plattsburgh scored three pwr play goals on the same 5 min major in the last six mins of the game. The Bears will have their hands full.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            Just to let you know, Buff State is a better team than the 6-1 final would indicate! Plattsburgh scored three pwr play goals on the same 5 min major in the last six mins of the game. The Bears will have their hands full.
                            Really? You couldn't have a left a message with a little hope? Gee thanks.
                            LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Really? You couldn't have a left a message with a little hope? Gee thanks.
                              Not that I didn't want to give you a little hope, I didn't want to give you false hope!! (Bears) "Play your game"....Herb Brooks

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

First and foremost, last weekend I missed my first Bears home game in 6 years. The ability to talk clearly escaped me thus my decision to stay home. The Bears pulled out a comeback against Buffalo State last weekend.
                                This evening my Bears skated in Brockport and were on their heels from the "get go". Perhaps there's no shame in that, but jeez its still Brockport. . Full credit to Brockport though, they were better prepared from what I saw online.
                                Last edited by Saints17; 11-17-2012, 06:21 AM.
                                LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Working...
                                X