Pegula Ice Arena - a Virtual View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pegula Ice Arena - a Virtual View

Looking nice. Perhaps finishing up the drywall on the right side while they wait the week or so for the concrete to harden?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Looking nice. Perhaps finishing up the drywall on the right side while they wait the week or so for the concrete to harden?
      Rather they finish our booth on the left side! I'm pretty sure they're working on the locker room and offices while the concrete cures.
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

It looks like a great venue. Good luck, and I hope to see a home-and-home with BU sometime.
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Another step (seat?) on the road to October 11!

*****https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/9938_474675452586903_1569113169_n.jpg******

Comment

Looks like a more modern, updated version of Hobey Baker rink at Princeton with the bleachers above the goal. Assuming that is the student section + band that could be awesome. It would be great if large state schools in the Midwest all started moving towards big time hockey. Having a true Big 10 and even teams as far west as OK, etc. would be great. Half of the issue with college hockey is that most of the schools have no brand name recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeMalloy View Post
              Looks like a more modern, updated version of Hobey Baker rink at Princeton with the bleachers above the goal. Assuming that is the student section + band that could be awesome. It would be great if large state schools in the Midwest all started moving towards big time hockey. Having a true Big 10 and even teams as far west as OK, etc. would be great. Half of the issue with college hockey is that most of the schools have no brand name recognition.
              It also doesn't help that, although hockey is growing in the USA, it's still fairly niche when compared to American football or squeakball.

I am liking the look of this arena. If RPI ever plays Penn State, I'd consider going to this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeMalloy View Post
                The "bleachers" is the student section. It is as steep as allowed by code and will hold as many students as the capacity of our old home at the Greenberg Ice Pavilion.

Comment

So jealous. An arena built for hockey, and a student section designed for maximum volume? Nah, I'd rather share a place with poor sight lines with the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                    So jealous. An arena built for hockey, and a student section designed for maximum volume? Nah, I'd rather share a place with poor sight lines with the basketball team.

I would recommend tOSU then!

Comment

Six months and one week until opening night!

Comment

I didn't read back in the thread. Is this an ammonia based ice plant?
                        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          I didn't read back in the thread. Is this an ammonia based ice plant?
                          Not sure, but I know it it's state of the art (Terry Pegula insisted on the best ice). I'll see if I can find out.

EDIT: Arena manager Chris Whittemore tells me it it's an ammonia/glycol indirect system.
                          Last edited by SteveP; 04-05-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

A new virtual view.

http://psuhockey.io-media.com/#/

Comment

Looking at the cams, seats are about 3/4 done, concrete looks hardened, some great progress. Only one cam inside, though. Looks like the outside is coming along nicely.
                              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-15-2013, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Looking at the cams, seats are about 3/4 done, concrete looks hardened, some great progress. Only one cam inside, though. Looks like the outside is coming along nicely.

I had my latest tour today and you're right on. Most of the rooms are now drywalled, the concrete it's curing and the floor of the community rink will be poured this weekend.

Construction is on schedule with the first ice going down hopefully in July.

Comment

Working...
                                X