Energy Crisis: Let's Solve it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Crisis: Let's Solve it!

An interesting solution. Not sure how practical it is, but it is very entertaining if you enjoy architecture humor!

Re: Energy Crisis: Let's Solve it!

We aren't in the 70's. There's plenty of fuel available.

Comment

Create Helium-3 Fusion reactors. Mine Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. (Jupiter's magnetic field is too nasty)

Problem delayed for 20,000 years.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
        An interesting solution. Not sure how practical it is, but it is very entertaining if you enjoy architecture humor!
        It's certainly hard to suffer through. Spends a lot of time talking about "places no one cares about" without actually defining what that means. Somewhere there's a point to what he's going after, but he's not bothering to say it. After about 5 minutes of "this sucks because it's stupid and it's not worth defending so I won't even bother saying what's wrong with it" kind of arguing, I just shut it off.

If his point is what I think it very well might have been, here's what I don't get: does he really think that our society is capable of rejecting the "Walmart/strip mall" model that's become so ubiquitous?
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Create Helium-3 Fusion reactors. Mine Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. (Jupiter's magnetic field is too nasty)

Problem delayed for 20,000 years.
          Get out of the solar system. Problem delayed until the universe's heat death.

These are nice, too.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
          X