Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Offseason Thread - That was fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey Offseason Thread - That was fun...

The new sound system should be set by opening. There is also a new players' lounge under construction this summer. There is a lot of forward thinking going on with regard to bigger changes.

In the meantime, interesting stats on the home ice record. Home record the past 5 years it is 57-20-15; the previous 5 years is 40-38-11; Last 10 years cumulative home record is 97-58-26.

BTW, banner raising will be at the Merrimack game opening night. There will be no Ice Breaker this season due to the early start.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
      The new sound system should be set by opening. There is also a new players' lounge under construction this summer. There is a lot of forward thinking going on with regard to bigger changes.

In the meantime, interesting stats on the home ice record. Home record the past 5 years it is 57-20-15; the previous 5 years is 40-38-11; Last 10 years cumulative home record is 97-58-26.

BTW, banner raising will be at the Merrimack game opening night. There will be no Ice Breaker this season due to the early start.
      Where are they putting the players lounge? I can't imagine they have a lot of free space left, especially after constructing a lounge for the women's team in early 2011.

The new sound system should help. The PA system was (sometimes) hard to hear clearly.

Comment

There is a lot of forward thinking going on with regard to bigger changes.

Might I suggest a rectangular building this time around..?
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

The players' lounge as I understand it will be under the stands adjacent to the current dressing room and is intended as an adjunct of the current facilities.

Comment

rdf8585 if you enable email on your USCHO account I can reply to your inquiry.

Comment

rdf8585 if you enable email on your USCHO account I can reply to your inquiry.
              It should be enabled now.

Comment

• Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
                It should be enabled now.
                I emailed you a message.

Comment

The ice is back in:

https://p.twimg.com/AzTT5BJCQAECNTJ.jpg:large

Comment

A new touch on the ice - a "U" behind each net.

See: http://unionhockey.tumblr.com/post/2...it-october-yet

Comment

Found a link to follow Gostisbehere at US World Juniors camp. He's on Team USA Blue who will play Finland tomorrow at 1 PM.

Here's a link to online video coverage of tomorrow's game : http://usahockey.com/72712jrevalwebcast.aspx

Comment

Gostisbehere is playing on a defense pairing with Brady Skjei, who was the Rangers first round pick in 2012. Shayne is also playing the point on one of Team USA Blue's power play units, and has gotten some time on the PK.
                        Last edited by Dutchfan; 08-06-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Shayne made the initial roster cut today. 11 players were sent home, 34 remain.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
                            Shayne made the initial roster cut today. 11 players were sent home, 34 remain.
                            I was at the games yesterday & I was a little surprised by this. I thought he made too many mistakes with the puck along with taking 2 penalties, one where he swatted a Swede across the thighs with a 2hand swat just moments after getting knocked on his keester. I will say though that talking to some writers who have been there since Friday the staff and team do like him. Wasn't surprised to see Ryan (Cornell) & Hart (Harv.) go, they showed very little yesterday. Vesey & Blackwell (Harv.) really stood out though.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Gostisbehere just picked up an assist against Finland. He had a nice rush up ice and dumped it to Gaudreau of BC who fired it home.

Comment

Gostisbehere is in the lineup again today, this time against Sweden who has been dominant so far in this camp. USA seems to be going with their best possible lineup for this game which bodes well for what the coaches think of Shayne at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X