Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Offseason Thread - That was fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union Hockey Offseason Thread - That was fun...

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
    Speaking of Gostisbehere, Schott reports that he was invited to the U.S. National Development Camp.

http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...-to-us-nation/
    Great news for Shayne, it would be really nice to see him make the team. There had been rumblings on here that he would be invited, I'm glad to see they were true.

Comment

Here we go again...

USHR is reporting that Rick Bennett is a candidate for the newly vacated head coaching position at UMass.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchfan View Post
        Here we go again...

USHR is reporting that Rick Bennett is a candidate for the newly vacated head coaching position at UMass.
        I wouldnt lose any sleep over this....it'd be a lateral move at best. Toots long had battles over institutional support at UMass...hockey plays a distant 3rd fiddle to football and basketball. Bennett has everything he could want at Union (including a new contract) and plenty(finally) of support from the Admin.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          I wouldnt lose any sleep over this....it'd be a lateral move at best. Toots long had battles over institutional support at UMass...hockey plays a distant 3rd fiddle to football and basketball. Bennett has everything he could want at Union (including a new contract) and plenty(finally) of support from the Admin.
          You are right on Slapper.........Bennett is smarter than he looks!!!
          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            At least we don't claim victory when you lose a player.
            However, people on your board DID talk about how their "nightmare" was over when Union lost to Ferris State in the NCAA semi's....

Don't try to act like both sides don't constantly snipe each other's losses and failures....

Continue your summer.
            Keith Reynolds
            Union College
            Class of 1992
            B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
            Class of 2001
            M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

Here we go again...

they threw his name out there, didn't say he was a canidate. Just tossing names in the hat to keep readers reading. No basis what so ever

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                they threw his name out there, didn't say he was a canidate. Just tossing names in the hat to keep readers reading. No basis what so ever
                I am guessing that his name was thrown out there because he is a Springfield, Mass. native.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                  I am guessing that his name was thrown out there because he is a Springfield, Mass. native.
                  Exactly... And the fact he is a hell of a coach and recruiter. just think what he would do with that many scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Exactly... And the fact he is a hell of a coach and recruiter. just think what he would do with that many scholarships.
                    And might I add a class act. I do believe this is the first time I have agreed w/Hokydad !
                    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                      and might i add a class act. I do believe this is the first time i have agreed w/hokydad !

ele

Comment

I doubt Rick leaves, but it would've been nice to make it through an entire off-season without having to worry about losing our head coach.

Comment

Gostisbehere taken in the 3rd round by Schottski's Flyers!! At least one Union player may get to skate with Andrew Johnston..
                          UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Incoming recruit Tim Boyle was also drafted in the 4th round with the 106th pick by Ottawa.

Comment

Incoming recruit Tim Boyle was also drafted in the 4th round with the 106th pick by Ottawa.
                              Ken Schott with more details on the Union draftees and some quotes from Ghost and Bennett. Congratulations to both young men. Obviously another validation of the upgrade in U's talent pool and the recruiting abilities of the coaching staff.

Comment

Does anyone have any thoughts on Union's captaincy this season. With Juice, Zajac and Welsh having departed there is no automatic successor in line. I'd throw out there Greg Coburn and Carr as potential candidates.

Comment

Working...
                                X