Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NMU Offseason: Forget bikes, we're stealing a Karr...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU Offseason: Forget bikes, we're stealing a Karr...

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    It's the stigma that I still have of him even after his presentation given. Maybe it's the fact that he's been so closely tied to the CCHA and WCHA committees?
    Well you heard all three what's the plan?

Diles it may be his last stop, incredible job at St Bonnies, I guess OK job at CWR, family connections in UP, first time hearing the words endowment and sports at NMU.

Karr knows Div II sports and Div I hockey, really seemed open to other sports and their benefits, easier to get oil money in AK. Clearly involved with the nWCHA.

Johnson never an actual AD. Really into media and exploiting it for the schools benefit. Aiding in UND to go Div I. Customer first ideas. Seemed more boldly spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post

Karr knows Div II sports and Div I hockey, really seemed open to other sports and their benefits, easier to get oil money in AK. Clearly involved with the nWCHA.
      As an Alaskan and NMU Alum I feel that you have no idea what you're talking about. The oil companies don't just hand out money, in fact they're cheapskates when it comes to donating to many organizations. The money that BP, Shell, and the others donate to UAF and UAA is for their science departments or to the arts. Shell and BP aren't just handing over checks to Karr every season just like Starbucks doesn't cough up jack to our athletic department. If you want to know where the money goes for the oil when it comes to supporting athletics look to Texas and Oklahoma State.
      Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
      NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
      Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
      Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
        As an Alaskan and NMU Alum I feel that you have no idea what you're talking about. The oil companies don't just hand out money, in fact they're cheapskates when it comes to donating to many organizations. The money that BP, Shell, and the others donate to UAF and UAA is for their science departments or to the arts. Shell and BP aren't just handing over checks to Karr every season just like Starbucks doesn't cough up jack to our athletic department. If you want to know where the money goes for the oil when it comes to supporting athletics look to Texas and Oklahoma State.
        Even there it's individual donors like T. Boone Pickens for Ok. State or Jerry Jones for Arkansas... It's not corporations...
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

In his speech he specifically called out oil companies giving funds.

Comment

I know Karr is an idiot but yeah nobody is getting money handed over from oil companies to athletic departments.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Are you talking about BP paying for the new scoreboards at the Patty? Wow, a one time $50,000 gift to replace an ancient scoreboard, and BP gets their logo plastered on it. If the oil companies are giving funds to the athletic department then how come they aren't listed as corporate sponsors? http://www.alaskananooks.com/sports/...rs.aspx?&tab=4
              Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
              NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
              Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
              Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Are you talking about BP paying for the new scoreboards at the Patty? Wow, a one time $50,000 gift to replace an ancient scoreboard, and BP gets their logo plastered on it. If the oil companies are giving funds to the athletic department then how come they aren't listed as corporate sponsors? http://www.alaskananooks.com/sports/...rs.aspx?&tab=4
                The point is he got them to give, and he used it in his speech. How about no 50K gift and keep your old crap scoreboard.

Comment

Diles

Karr

Johnson
                  So, when is a decision on the new AD going to be made?
                  NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                    So, when is a decision on the new AD going to be made?
                    When Dr Wong has made up his mind. When the search was announced, they said they hoped to have a decision by May 1. However, there has been nothing said to indicate that date is set in stone.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

While I generally agree with that statement, it's worth noting that BP was the title sponsor of the old TOWC for quite a few years back in the day.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      I know Karr is an idiot
                      Just ****ing knock it off already. The dude is probably better educated (ND undergrad, magna cum laude, plus a UW law degree) than 95% of the people posting here. He also took an athletic department on the edge of the world that was hemorrhaging money and actually made it profitable. He's made his mistakes, but who hasn't (cough cough no hockey in new sports arena cough cough). Considering he's barely in his 30's, you're going to be hating on him for a long time.
                      Last edited by Squarebanks; 04-23-2012, 09:27 PM.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Just ****ing knock it off already. The dude is probably better educated (ND undergrad, magna cum laude, plus a UW law degree) than 95% of the people posting here. He also took an athletic department on the edge of the world that was hemorrhaging money and actually made it profitable. He's made his mistakes, but who hasn't (cough cough no hockey in new sports arena cough cough). Considering he's barely in his 30's, you're going to be hating on him for a long time.
                        He's run your other sports teams into the ground. He had to cut contracts because "revenues weren't keeping up". And he's lying. I'm not hating, I hope he sticks around so he can run your hockey team into the ground like everybody else up there.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          I hope he sticks around so he can run your hockey team into the ground like everybody else up there.
                          Thanks for the laugh.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Here's your time frame and Wong's thoughts on each candidate:

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/content.detail/id/574952/NMU-athletic-director-decision-now-on-President-Les-Wong-s-shoulders.html?nav=5075

Wong was meeting with the heads of the search committee yesterday or today. He'll present his recommendation to the NMU Board of Trustees next week on Thursday or Friday. Once approved, he'll extend a formal offer. I was told he will not inform the candidates who he is recommending until a couple hours before the board meeting.
                            www.mattwellens.com

www.miningjournal.net

"brilliant, mother ********** brilliant
                            wellens... you are a god among college sports analysts" - The Stew

Comment

Originally posted by mwellens View Post
                              Here's your time frame and Wong's thoughts on each candidate:

http://www.miningjournal.net/page/content.detail/id/574952/NMU-athletic-director-decision-now-on-President-Les-Wong-s-shoulders.html?nav=5075

Wong was meeting with the heads of the search committee yesterday or today. He'll present his recommendation to the NMU Board of Trustees next week on Thursday or Friday. Once approved, he'll extend a formal offer. I was told he will not inform the candidates who he is recommending until a couple hours before the board meeting.
                              The suspense is killing me...
                              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Anyone know why the delay in the schedule coming out?
                                Is the news of the AD hire holding this up?

Comment

Working...
                                X