Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012-2013 schedules

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Perhaps I should rephrase. Given your league has 28 conference games and 10 league opponents, that means you'd have to play 4 games against 4 teams, and 2 games against the other 6. We know one of those 4 teams where you'll be playing 4 games, do you know the other three?
    There certainly are still clusters in the CCHA. They just work a little differently than they used to.

Here is everything we know about the play-4 teams:

Bowling Green: Ferris State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan
    Michigan: Ferris State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan
    Ferris State: Bowling Green, Michigan, 2 of (Michigan State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan)
    Michigan State: Bowling Green, Michigan, 2 of (Ferris State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan)
    Notre Dame: Bowling Green, Michigan, 2 of (Ferris State, Michigan State, Western Michigan)
    Western Michigan: Bowling Green, Michigan, 2 of (Ferris State, Michigan State, Notre Dame)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Alaska: Lake Superior, Miami, Northern Michigan, Ohio State
    Lake Superior: Alaska, Miami, Northern Michigan, Ohio State
    Miami: Alaska, Lake Superior, Northern Michigan, Ohio State
    Northern Michigan: Alaska, Lake Superior, Miami, Ohio State
    Ohio State: Alaska, Lake Superior, Miami, Northern Michigan

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by Alton View Post
      There certainly are still clusters in the CCHA. They just work a little differently than they used to.

Here is everything we know about the play-4 teams:

Bowling Green: Ferris State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan
      Michigan: Ferris State, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan
      Ferris State: Bowling Green, Michigan, 2 of (Michigan State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan)
      Michigan State: Bowling Green, Michigan, 2 of (Ferris State, Notre Dame, Western Michigan)
      Notre Dame: Bowling Green, Michigan, 2 of (Ferris State, Michigan State, Western Michigan)
      Western Michigan: Bowling Green, Michigan, 2 of (Ferris State, Michigan State, Notre Dame)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Alaska: Lake Superior, Miami, Northern Michigan, Ohio State
      Lake Superior: Alaska, Miami, Northern Michigan, Ohio State
      Miami: Alaska, Lake Superior, Northern Michigan, Ohio State
      Northern Michigan: Alaska, Lake Superior, Miami, Ohio State
      Ohio State: Alaska, Lake Superior, Miami, Northern Michigan
      From what i have saw Lake St. only has ohio state once.

Comment

http://www.ktuu.com/sports/ktuu-uaa-...,5706152.story

UAA has released more of the schedule, but I have enough to at least complete where they'll be for each game.

EDIT: Here's who they play in the Goal Rush: http://community.adn.com/adn/node/160834

Comment

http://www.ktuu.com/sports/ktuu-uaa-...,5706152.story

UAA has released more of the schedule, but I have enough to at least complete where they'll be for each game.

EDIT: Here's who they play in the Goal Rush: http://community.adn.com/adn/node/160834
          The UAA schedule:
          http://www.goseawolves.com/SportSele...&Q_SEASON=2012

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            From what i have saw Lake St. only has ohio state once.
            What have you seen to indicate otherwise? From what you have seen, whom does Ohio State play 4 times next year?

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

Comment

Mankato schedule
              http://www.msumavericks.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

What have you seen to indicate otherwise? From what you have seen, whom does Ohio State play 4 times next year?
                A Lake state fan posted who they play home and away and ohio state was only listed as a home series for the lakers.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  A Lake state fan posted who they play home and away and ohio state was only listed as a home series for the lakers.
                  LSSU played Ohio State four times in 11/12, which should mean they shouldn't play four times two seasons in a row.

But then again with the CCHA's ****ed up scheduling with having 11 teams, it might be possible.
                  Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 04-21-2012, 01:24 AM.
                  LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    LSSU played Ohio State four times in 11/12, which should mean they shouldn't play four times two seasons in a row.

But then again with the CCHA's ****ed up scheduling with having 11 teams, it might be possible.
                    Ah. I see what happened here. This is based on an incorrect assumption about how the CCHA schedule works now. With 11 teams, they have 2 clusters: a 6-team cluster and a 5-team cluster. Teams in the 6-team cluster play 4 of the other 5 teams 4 times each. Teams in the 5-team cluster play the other 4 teams 4 times each. If you think about it, a team must play at least one and possibly two of the other teams 4 times in consecutive years.

Even though we only know Bowling Green's schedule and Michigan's opponents, we can piece together the rest of the clusters from those two bits of information. Both Lake Superior and Ohio State are in the 5-team cluster, and will play each other 4 times.

Unless the CCHA changed their scheduling format from their previous 11-team seasons, that is. I doubt that they would do that for just 1 season, but I suppose anything is possible.

Comment

Rumours on the Round Table: http://www.letsgotech.com/roundtable...12-13-Schedule

If they do have RIT/Niagara, they would probably play Niagara Friday and it'd be on the same weekend where Colgate is playing RIT. Bowling Green is a no, though, since they're full.
                      The latest on the Roundtable Has Clarkson playing October 20th Holy Cross, then 26th and 27th Niagara home.

Comment

Ah. I see what happened here. This is based on an incorrect assumption about how the CCHA schedule works now. With 11 teams, they have 2 clusters: a 6-team cluster and a 5-team cluster. Teams in the 6-team cluster play 4 of the other 5 teams 4 times each. Teams in the 5-team cluster play the other 4 teams 4 times each. If you think about it, a team must play at least one and possibly two of the other teams 4 times in consecutive years.

Even though we only know Bowling Green's schedule and Michigan's opponents, we can piece together the rest of the clusters from those two bits of information. Both Lake Superior and Ohio State are in the 5-team cluster, and will play each other 4 times.

Unless the CCHA changed their scheduling format from their previous 11-team seasons, that is. I doubt that they would do that for just 1 season, but I suppose anything is possible.
                        Ok I see what your saying.

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                          The latest on the Roundtable Has Clarkson playing October 20th Holy Cross, then 26th and 27th Niagara home.
                          Thanks. I also saw something in there about Canisius on the road. Would this be instead of AIC? http://www.letsgotech.com/roundtable...-2013-schedule

BTW, I'm not sure I can say yet if Clarkson would travel partner with SLU for Northeastern/BU. It's still possible given OOC games left (and assuming the HOF game is one game only).
                          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-21-2012, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks. I also saw something in there about Canisius on the road. Would this be instead of AIC? http://www.letsgotech.com/roundtable...-2013-schedule

BTW, I'm not sure I can say yet if Clarkson would travel partner with SLU for Northeastern/BU. It's still possible given OOC games left (and assuming the HOF game is one game only).
                            Hey, I only gave you definite rumors with dates, I didn't want to give you rumors without dates and blow my credibility . I think Canisius is definitly on the schedule but I wouldn't rule out AIC, and not being a travel partner to Boston with SLU.

Comment

From BU banquet tonight, PC is playing @ BU on Oct. 13 to open the regular season for BU.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

MarkEagleUSA's Qpac banquet recap has some insight into the non-con schedule.

Spreadsheet updated accordingly
                                Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Working...
                                X