Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012-2013 schedules

Originally posted by Bullmoose View Post
    Dartmouth released tentative schedule in a newsletter to boosters: http://issuu.com/dartmouthsports/doc...w&pageNumber=8

Notables missing from the FlagDUDE's spreadsheet:

At BC -- Nov 24
    vs UVM -- Dec 5 (Wednesday)
    vs Harvard -- Jan 12
    at Harvard -- Feb 9

The rest of the Dartmouth schedule corresponds to the spreadsheet.
    Thank you very much.

Dartmouth's schedule is now ivy-complete, barring any more exhibitions or "scrimmages" (games that count against the national 34 but do not count against the ivy 29). UVM's non-conference schedule is now complete, and this leaves an opening for Colgate. I would suspect, now given this information, that the Niagara/Colgate game is true, and so I will fill that in, completing both of their schedules.

Comment

The following teams have unknown (in terms of whom) non-conference games remaining:

AIC - 1
      Army - 4
      Bentley - 1
      Air Force - 1
      Harvard - 2
      Quinnipiac - 1 (2vtOSU, 1vProv, 1vUMA)
      Boston Coll - 0 (1vND)
      Boston Univ - 1
      Maine - 1
      UMA - 0 (1vQPac)
      Northeastern - 2 (1vUAH)
      Providence - 0 (1vQPac)
      LSSU - 0 (2vUAH)
      Notre Dame - 0 (1vBC)
      Ohio State - 0 (2vQPac)
      Nebraska Omaha - 2
      Alabama Huntsville - 9 (1vNE, 2vLSSU)

Probably a safe guess that Harvard would play Maine, not sure about the other one, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Thank you very much.

Dartmouth's schedule is now ivy-complete, barring any more exhibitions or "scrimmages" (games that count against the national 34 but do not count against the ivy 29). UVM's non-conference schedule is now complete, and this leaves an opening for Colgate. I would suspect, now given this information, that the Niagara/Colgate game is true, and so I will fill that in, completing both of their schedules.
        Interesting for some reason I had BC penciled in for that Friday, BC has traditionally played an ivy on Black Friday (usually a huge family day at the rink)

Comment

The following teams have unknown (in terms of whom) non-conference games remaining:

Harvard - 2
          Boston Univ - 1

Probably a safe guess that Harvard would play Maine, not sure about the other one, though.
          Harvard has played at least one of the other Boston schools every season since 1994-95 (in addition to the Beanpot) and doesn't have any scheduled yet. Most seasons have included two such games. Over the past three seasons, they have played BU Home, Away, and Home. I would not be surprised to see a Crimson @ Terriers game appear.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
            Harvard has played at least one of the other Boston schools every season since 1994-95 (in addition to the Beanpot) and doesn't have any scheduled yet. Most seasons have included two such games. Over the past three seasons, they have played BU Home, Away, and Home. I would not be surprised to see a Crimson @ Terriers game appear.
            Good point. Since you also said that there's a possibility of two games, what about Northeastern being in there instead of Maine?

Also, have we yet determined which of Maine's games will be played in Portland? If memory serves me right, this is typically one of the NC games. Perhaps Q-Pac, if not Harvard?
            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-13-2012, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Good point. Since you also said that there's a possibility of two games, what about Northeastern being in there instead of Maine?
              Certainly a possibility, especially since they wouldn't have to worry about there being an open weekend, it could easily be scheduled on a weeknight.
              Also, have we yet determined which of Maine's games will be played in Portland? If memory serves me right, this is typically one of the NC games. Perhaps Q-Pac, if not Harvard?
              Not yet. Over the course of the past few seasons, it's either been the weekend after Thanksgiving or the weekend around New Year's, but it's always been a one-off. Since they are already scheduled to play Mercyhurst twice the weekend around New Year's, it leads me to believe that the Portland game will be played the weekend after Thanksgiving. As an aside, there's certainly the possibility that it could be played against the U-18 team (that has happened multiple times recently).

ETA:
              Thank you very much.

Dartmouth's schedule is now ivy-complete, barring any more exhibitions or "scrimmages" (games that count against the national 34 but do not count against the ivy 29).
              The letter also included an exhibition against McGill on October 20th which I have added to the spreadsheet.
              Last edited by burgie12; 06-13-2012, 09:09 AM.
              Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Certainly a possibility, especially since they wouldn't have to worry about there being an open weekend, it could easily be scheduled on a weeknight.

Not yet. Over the course of the past few seasons, it's either been the weekend after Thanksgiving or the weekend around New Year's, but it's always been a one-off. Since they are already scheduled to play Mercyhurst twice the weekend around New Year's, it leads me to believe that the Portland game will be played the weekend after Thanksgiving. As an aside, there's certainly the possibility that it could be played against the U-18 team (that has happened multiple times recently).

ETA:

The letter also included an exhibition against McGill on October 20th which I have added to the spreadsheet.
                Last year's opponent was Clarkson. There was no C^4 game in 10-11. SLU was 09-10. USA U-18 was 08-09, RPI was 07-08, Mercyhurst 06-07, Brown 05-06, two games in 04-05 (Providence as a league game and USA U-18), UVM in 03-04, Harvard in 02-03. Given the general pattern, it wouldn't surprise me to see non-ECAC this year.

Comment

There was no C^4 game in 10-11.
                  I guess I'm just imagining this game, then?
                  Go Red!!

Comment

AIC - 1
                    Army - 4
                    Bentley - 1
                    Air Force - 1
                    Harvard - 2
                    Quinnipiac - 1 (2vtOSU, 1vProv, 1vUMA)
                    Boston Coll - 0 (1vND)
                    Boston Univ - 1
                    Maine - 1
                    UMA - 0 (1vQPac)
                    Northeastern - 2 (1vUAH)
                    Providence - 0 (1vQPac)
                    LSSU - 0 (2vUAH)
                    Notre Dame - 0 (1vBC)
                    Ohio State - 0 (2vQPac)
                    Nebraska Omaha - 2
                    Alabama Huntsville - 9 (1vNE, 2vLSSU)

I assume that means you have BU/Harvard already accounted for? IIRC, don't both BU and BC play Harvard as an additional game each year?
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Gosh darn, they labeled it differently on the specials list.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                        I assume that means you have BU/Harvard already accounted for? IIRC, don't both BU and BC play Harvard as an additional game each year?
                        This list does not take that into account unless they're already up with a date and location. I've listed known opponents, but without knowing what date (and in some cases, which location). Unless they're already up top, BC does not have any games left to play Harvard, but I think they play in the first round of the Beanpot this year.
                        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-13-2012, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          BC hasn't played Harvard either of the past two seasons.

And, no, BU-Harvard is not accounted for in that list because there has been nothing indicating that that game will occur other than speculation within the past five posts.
                          Go Red!!

Comment

BC hasn't played Harvard either of the past two seasons.

And, no, BU-Harvard is not accounted for in that list because there has been nothing indicating that that game will occur other than speculation within the past five posts.
                            ok... I thought it was an annual thing
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Probably Harvard or the U-18 team on either 11/24 or 12/15. Usually Maine plays an ECAC team in Portland (Brown, Harvard, St Lawrence, Dartmouth, UVM) or the U-18 squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Probably Harvard or the U-18 team on either 11/24 or 12/15. Usually Maine plays an ECAC team in Portland (Brown, Harvard, St Lawrence, Dartmouth, UVM) or the U-18 squad.
                                07-08 and 11-12 didn't exist, eh?

Seems like you've been alternating, but here's a thought: If it's going to be 12/15, what if you were to play USA U-20 (the junior national team)? I know they didn't do a college exhibition last year, but maybe that was just a one year thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X