Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012-2013 schedules

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    From what I can tell, MSU will commence it's final campaign as a CCHA member by opening at Minnesota, then coming home to face Niagara. In January, Penn State (I) comes to Munn. There's a home-and-home with Bowling Green and a home-and-home with Ferris State in there too.
    May I assume, then, that you will be receiving the exemption this year by travelling to Alaska? Assuming you're playing in the GLI (and I'd say that's a pretty fair assumption), that'd mean 8 NC games.

Comment

According to Lowell Coach Norm Bazin at the team banquet last night, Lowell will be playing at Denver on Oct 19th and following up with CC on the 20th (we already knew the latter, and had speculated the former).
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        May I assume, then, that you will be receiving the exemption this year by travelling to Alaska? Assuming you're playing in the GLI (and I'd say that's a pretty fair assumption), that'd mean 8 NC games.
        We had the same number of potential non-conference games in 2011-12. So the exemption this year wouldn't really make any difference for us.

Comment

We had the same number of potential non-conference games in 2011-12. So the exemption this year wouldn't really make any difference for us.
          The reason I asked is because you already have the GLI, 2 @ the Gophers, and 2 w/ Penn State. If you don't get the Alaska exemption, that's a full NC schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            RIT will have two international exemption games: Simon Fraser and University of British Columbia. I do not know the dates.
            I didn't think Simon Frasier had a hockey team. So out of curiosity I checked their site and the show no varsity hockey team. Is it a new start up or a club team? And further complete speculation, since Simon Frasier switched to the NCAA this year, if it were a varsity team would it still count toward the exemption?
            National Champions 2014!
            Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
            Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
            Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
              I didn't think Simon Frasier had a hockey team. So out of curiosity I checked their site and the show no varsity hockey team. Is it a new start up or a club team? And further complete speculation, since Simon Frasier switched to the NCAA this year, if it were a varsity team would it still count toward the exemption?
              Simon Fraser played a couple of exhibitions last year so they certainly had a team. However, given this is under an international tour, I believe it still counts.

Comment

The reason I asked is because you already have the GLI, 2 @ the Gophers, and 2 w/ Penn State. If you don't get the Alaska exemption, that's a full NC schedule.
                Someone would need to explain last year to me then ... unless the Alaska exemption applies to "off" years as well. We had the opening weekend BC & Air Force, two @ home vs. Bobby Morris, two @ home vs. Minnesota and the GLI. That's 8.

Comment

Someone would need to explain last year to me then ... unless the Alaska exemption applies to "off" years as well. We had the opening weekend BC & Air Force, two @ home vs. Bobby Morris, two @ home vs. Minnesota and the GLI. That's 8.
                  The Alaska exemption only applies if you play against an Alaska team in Alaska.

However, IIRC, you were in the IceBreaker tournament last year. That is an exempt tournament, meaning neither of those two games count against your 34.

Comment

The Icebreaker is exempt. Those 2 games didnt count.
                    National Champions 2014!
                    Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                    Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                    Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Since Bemidji State sent out their season ticket renewals with a home schedule in it, things are becoming more public.

October 7 Manitoba
                      October 19 and 20 Lake Superior State
                      November 16 and 17 Michigan Tech
                      November 23 and 24 Alaska-Anchorage
                      December 14 and 15 Denver
                      January 4 and 5 Western Michigan
                      January 25 and 26 Nebraska-Omaha
                      February 1 and 2 St. Cloud State
                      February 15 and 16 Minnesota-Duluth
                      March 8 and 9 Minnesota
                      March 15, 16 and 17 WCHA First Round Playoffs
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                        Since Bemidji State sent out their season ticket renewals with a home schedule in it, things are becoming more public.

October 7 Manitoba
                        October 19 and 20 Lake Superior State
                        November 16 and 17 Michigan Tech
                        November 23 and 24 Alaska-Anchorage
                        December 14 and 15 Denver
                        January 4 and 5 Western Michigan
                        January 25 and 26 Nebraska-Omaha
                        February 1 and 2 St. Cloud State
                        February 15 and 16 Minnesota-Duluth
                        March 8 and 9 Minnesota
                        March 15, 16 and 17 WCHA First Round Playoffs
                        This is only listing the home games so no need to mention 1st round of the playoffs.
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          This is only listing the home games so no need to mention 1st round of the playoffs.
                          This time of year, we have just as good a shot as anyone else. Plus, BSU only lost two key cogs (Bakala and Hunt) to the machine that only finished three points behind you for home ice. I really think BSU will do okay next year, but it is going to be a multi-team battle for the final two or three home ice spots.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

The Alaska exemption only applies if you play against an Alaska team in Alaska.

However, IIRC, you were in the IceBreaker tournament last year. That is an exempt tournament, meaning neither of those two games count against your 34.
                            Mystery solved.

We had 6 NC's on the schedule last season, no Alaska trip.
                            We have 8 NC's tentatively planned this season with an Alaska trip. The answer, then, to the original question is Yes - we have the exemption this time 'round.

Comment

Mystery solved.

We had 6 NC's on the schedule last season, no Alaska trip.
                              We have 8 NC's tentatively planned this season with an Alaska trip. The answer, then, to the original question is Yes - we have the exemption this time 'round.
                              Good to know.

Although you probably don't have dates yet, would you be able to find out who is in your cluster this year? I already have "big brother" as one of them, do you know the other three?

Comment

http://www.bsubeavers.com/mhockey/schedule/192/
                                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                                ECAC:
                                HEA: UMass
                                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                                X